Certificate Of Residency From Cm Immigration

pete66

Seems they do them at the start of the week then for whatever reason (bank account gets too full, whatever), stop. This week I went to immigration on both Wednesday and Friday and they had already stopped, sign saying "come back Monday 10th June"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems they do them at the start of the week then for whatever reason (bank account gets too full, whatever), stop. This week I went to immigration on both Wednesday and Friday and they had already stopped, sign saying "come back Monday 10th June"

Same thing happened to me the previous week on Wednesday. I was told to return on Monday morning. Ignoring this, the next day my wife went there at 10AM and she was able to submit a CR app for both of us. We were given an appointment slip to pick them up the following Tuesday at 4PM. We showed up earlier at 2PM without showing the slip and got them anyway.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone else has reported this, or how long it has been in force, but Certificate of Residency applications now have to be made at a table outside, at the back of the old Immigration building

• 2 months later...

Don't know if anyone else has reported this, or how long it has been in force, but Certificate of Residency applications now have to be made at a table outside, at the back of the old Immigration building

You are correct! I was at Immigration a couple of days ago to get a Certificate of Residency and there is now a small building further in on the lot - on the left side of the main immigration building when you're facing it from the outside - one small room really - which is marked outside on the window: "Certificate of Residency Office, 0900-1200 delivery of applications, 1300-1600 pick up applications". You don't have to have a que number from the main immi-office, just wait outside the window/door of the building. I was there at 1015 and there was only one person in front of me waiting. There was no problem with my paperwork - and I was told to come back at 1500 to pick up my certificate, which I did. It didn't have the feel of visiting Immigration because I avoided the main immigration office or the Zoo as some people call it. :-)