New Sunee Project - Development Started In Kham Yai

jay-uk

There are rumours in our village that the site which had been previously forest land is now been cleared next to chayangkul rd for soil by "Mrs Sunee" the lady and her partners behind the Sunee Grand Hotel. We have heard it may possibly be a housing project but as the site they are clearing is around 70 rai it sound a little large for housing alone. Anyone else heard anything through the grapevine?

I am informed by locals in the area quoted above that the buyers are a consortium of old Ubon families headed by the Sirimahachai group with Khun Sunee as part of the group. The locals have got this information from asking the workers who are slowly clearing the land.

The land is both sides of Chayangkun road travelling towards Amnart, up past Toyota on the right hand side, past the new PTT petrol pump on the left hand side and opposite JD Pools on the right hand side and just before the corner that has Tata Motors. On the left hand side there used to be rented land that sold garden plants. They have been removed. Trees abound on both sides of the road.

No one seems to know what is going to be built. The area in question, taking in both sides of the road, is far larger than 70 rai. I was informed close to 400 rai. Maybe part will be another Sirimahachai housing estate, maybe part will sold off again. I guess just wait and see.

What surprises me is that such a large parcel of land so close into the city became available for sale.

However, I stand to be corrected on my information in case the original post is talking about a completely different area of land.

Yes, businesses renting in that area have had to move all of a sudden and the tractors have come in clearing trees soon after. All happening very quick. This is potentially as large if not larger than Sunee hotel and central plaza in terms of overall development size so will be interesting to see what they plan to do. Housing seems a little mundane for Mrs Sunee and friends but lets see. One thing is for sure they don't hang around so you can expect to see something there within a year or so.

For anyone wanting to look on google earth here is the area we are talking about:

Lat: 15°18'4.88"N

Lon: 104°50'19.70"E

http://maps.google.com/?ll=15.300826,104.839053&spn=0.010028,0.012757&t=h&z=17

Edited by jay-uk