webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was very successful FoolApril joke!

4(four) pages of posts!The first was #13 who smelled the rat,the rest of posters are wishful thinkers:your big chance to hit it big - go to Loei and dig for gold.

WebFact - may I ask you question: was it your own idea or Nation?

• Like 1

When the currency wars of devaluing and printing lots of paper ends, Gold will be the deciding factor of a country's true currency value, and gold prices will take a major dump. Sell that shiney stuff soon! Looks like the baht will be a prime mover if this gold find does pan out.

I hope to hell it is an April Fool's joke. Otherwise the baht will go to the moon and my retirement won't be worth the paper I used to use to wipe my ass back in the country it comes from.

I knew right away it was fools joke if there was gold there the local Ladies would have sniffed it out years ago.

• Like 2

And just after the switch from left to right hand driving. Amazing what April 1st can bring. Same stat here as that one. Better than half the replies taking it seriously ...

Don't have the facts handy but I believe that is more gold than is in the world already.

there was a piece on the bbc site yesterday about this...

Warren Buffett, one of the world's richest investors, says the total amount of gold in the world - the gold above ground, that is - could fit into a cube with sides of just 20m (67ft).

But is that all there is? And if so, how do we know?

A figure that is widely used by investors comes from Thomson Reuters GFMS, which produces an annual gold survey.

Their latest figure for all the gold in the world is 171,300 tonnes - which is almost exactly the same as the amount in our super-villain's imaginary cube.

A cube made of 171,300 tonnes would be about 20.7m (68ft) on each side. Or to put it another way, it would reach to 9.8m above ground level if exactly covering Wimbledon Centre Court.

But not everyone agrees with the GFMS figures.

Estimates range from 155,244 tonnes, marginally less than the GFMS figure, to about 16 times that amount - 2.5 million tonnes.

That bigger figure would make a cube of sides 50m (166ft) long, or a column of gold towering 143m above Wimbledon centre court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21969100

So using the Reuters figure of 171,000 tons... the original story was claiming a million tons... if there's that much, maybe we'll be using it as doorstops.

Edited by DeepInTheForest

It was very successful FoolApril joke!

4(four) pages of posts!The first was #13 who smelled the rat,the rest of posters are wishful thinkers:your big chance to hit it big - go to Loei and dig for gold.

WebFact - may I ask you question: was it your own idea or Nation?

Not necessarily the first to spot it, as the mods (quite rightly !) edit things early-on, to keep the spoof running. thumbsup.gif

Wonder who in government would have got their 30% of the spondulix, if this one had been true ? wink.png

The problem this year for April Foolers was that reality was even better ! For example, who could have beat threads like :-

- North Korea Declares War on South Korea & USA

- Government to Borrow US$ 180-billion Over 50-Years to Build High-Spreed Passenger-Train Network

- Cyprus Banks to Seize Up-To 60% of Investors' Deposits

- Thai Government Bans Songkran Water-Throwing From Pick-Ups

Now threads like those, one simply could Not make up ! laugh.png

Edited by Ricardo