Plodprasop To Follow Up On Haze Crisis In North

webfact

Plodprasop to follow up on haze crisis in North

BANGKOK, 4 April 2013 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi is slated to follow up on the haze crisis during his visit to the North from April 6-8.

In his capacity as chairman of the water and flood management committee, Mr Plodprasop said he will hold talks with related local agencies on stepping up efforts to fight forest fires and haze pollution in the northern region of Thailand.

He stressed that cooperation from residents in refraining from engaging in burning activities in the affected areas is essential.

Commenting on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s decision to assign Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung to help oversee the crisis, Mr Plodprasop said that Police Capt Chalerm is set to order local police to toughen legal measures on those instigating fires in the region.

The Deputy Prime Minister vowed to implement strict measures against forest fire starters while alluding that a number of business tycoons in northern provinces are involved in using land-clearing fires.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-04-04 footer_n.gif

They should ban matches, lighters and all combustable fluids up north. Maybe then people will stop lighting fires. Other than that it will never stop, it is a time honored tradition in Thailand.

Burn all the fields then complain about the awful pollution. Same same next year

Why would the Chairman of water and flood management have anything to do with air pollution? Too late anyway - the horse bolted ages ago.

You are hazing the subject LT, I thought this also , weird. it should be the land and forests dept and a fire engine.

Why would the Chairman of water and flood management have anything to do with air pollution? Too late anyway - the horse bolted ages ago.

Please bear in mind the Rt Hon Mr Plodprasop has experience in moving large volumes of water. He therefore probably has a plan to have large numbers of propeller driven aircraft placed in strategic locations to blow the haze back across the border into Burma.

• Like 1

Please bear in mind the Rt Hon Mr Plodprasop has experience in moving large volumes of water. He therefore probably has a plan to have large numbers of propeller driven aircraft placed in strategic locations to blow the haze back across the border into Burma.

Beat me to it.

Living South of Chumphon I rarely pity people in the North, this is one of the rare occasions, haven't they got enough problems without this esteemed buffoon (apologies gentleman) getting involved?

The people in the north are really in trouble now..... Sending Plodprasop to fix pollution issues in the north makes about as much sense as when they sent Chalerm to fix troubles in the south of Thailand. Is this some sort of inside joke by Yingluck, to send morons to fix major issues ??

Nope.. better than that .. It was in the Thai papers.. He is going to get all the boats that currently cannot trade on the Mekong (water to low due to Chinese dam "allegedly") and it going to place them on the top of high building with the props turning there for blowing the haze away... He has all the calculations sorted out. And claims to have seen the same thing in Singapore so knows it will work.

post-62652-0-50197700-1365059237_thumb.j

good to see the authorities do something about it.

if you would believe what some falang tell you you would think they do nothing.

Hey ZZ, why don't you at the very least wait until "the authorities" actually do something before congratulating them?

As far as I can see (and that would not be very far) the haze/dust is getting worse, not less.

Get a clue mate!

Edited by Dap
  • Like 2

Hey ZZ, why don't you at the very least wait until "the authorities" actually do something before congratulating them?

As far as I can see (and that would not be very far) the haze/dust is getting worse, not less.

Get a clue mate!

you don't want to know how worse it would get without anything done.

Please tell us exactly what the govt has done, other than talking about "doing" things giggle.gif

We've had "enforcing", "keeping a watch on", etc etc, blah, blah , f$cking blah. Just more hot air to fan the flames bah.gif

Get a clue mate!

Actually just looking at a few YouTube videos of Beijing would probably give a good idea.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Get a clue mate!

Oh Pul-eze Khun ZZ, I have lived in the north of this land for near 20 years and have only seen the "dust" get worse.

No matter what the powers that be say, nothing will change until the "authorities" become resposible enough to "UPHOLD"

the laws and physically respond to the fire burners from village level to commercial operations. To answer your response ie:

"you don't want to know how worse it would get without anything done". I'm still waiting! PS. I have watched the antics of K. Pladprasop for many a year and have long since lost interest in anything he says or does that only reap a harvest of "backslapping" or dosh in the bank for himself and his buddies. I repeat, I'll wait until he actually does something (tangible or even responsible to the people of Thailand) before I aplaud his efforts.

• Like 2

This really isn't fair.

Not only do we have put up with the continued token efforts of the local authorities over haze here in CM the government is now sending us Plodrasop too.

That will really please the locals..... especially the inhabitants of the Night Safari.

Maybe we should tell them he's coming....! biggrin.png

Edited by bigbamboo

What have the poeple of Chiang Mai and the North done to deserve Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi being sent there.

Dear Mods I did a copy and paste of his name from the OP so if it is wrong please don't blame me.

What have the poeple of Chiang Mai and the North done to deserve Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi being sent there.

Dear Mods I did a copy and paste of his name from the OP so if it is wrong please don't blame me.

they made all that dust in the first place. at least some of them. everybody coming to help to stop or limit that dust should be welcome.