D S I Finds Obec Official's Identity Falsely Used To Access Test Papers

webfact

DSI finds Obec official's identity falsely used to access test papers for recruitment exam for teachers
Piyanut Tumnukasetchai
The Nation

30203342-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A senior education official's authority was falsely used to access a safety deposit box containing keys to the storage room for test papers used in a recent recruitment exam.

The Office of Basic Education Commission (Obec) had organised the exams to recruit new assistant teachers, but they were reportedly mired with irregularities.

The Department of Special Investigation, which is looking into the alleged irregularities, has found that Obec deputy secretary-general Anan Ra-ngabtook's name was used in opening the safety deposit box at a TMB Bank branch without his knowledge.

Although only three persons had authorised access to the papers, the exam questions are believed to have been leaked as hundreds of test-takers achieved unusually high scores.

Anan gave evidence to the DSI yesterday and explained how strict procedures were laid down to prevent the leaking of exam questions.

He also gave the names of all those involved in designing and selecting the questions.

The DSI will summon these and other persons for questioning.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-04

What a load of bs.

Why on earth would you need to use a safety deposit box anyway. As though a locked safe in the office would be less safe.

I wonder if this safety deposit box was registered to OBEC (i.e.., a company box) or to the deputy secretary general (i.e., a personal box). If only to the secretary general it seems strange on the surface. Of course test questions/answers would be almost as good as money and gold.

I think the tests

"exams to recruit new assistant teachers"

are a waste of time and money. First they should give tests to existing teachers to see if they are capable of teaching. Then dump the ineligible and replace them with qualified teachers and then go looking for qualified assistantswai2.gif .

I think the tests

"exams to recruit new assistant teachers"

are a waste of time and money. First they should give tests to existing teachers to see if they are capable of teaching. Then dump the ineligible and replace them with qualified teachers and then go looking for qualified assistantswai2.gif .

They don't seem to be able to get rid of useless teachers in the UK so the chance of it happening in Thailand will be about zero I suspect, anyway in a system where most pass does it really matter if the teacher is good or not ?

ah... how is this different from buying a paper from an online university stating you suddenly got an MBA or other....

this is why suposedly educated people can only do cleaning work in civilized countries that do not recognize that worth of the paper the diploma is printed on