Is My Wife Joking ?

sibeymai

not suprised in the slightest

Thai seems to have a total disinterest for affairs not concerning Thailand. I know this is a complete stereoptype but i feel it is the general trend. On the news too. There will be a short burst of intrnational coverage in no great depth (after the Thai coverage naturally) but the main emphasis is usually on some truck driver getting caught with someting or an explosion in the south or something other crap like a woman jumping off a roof.

This seems the way for the west too, I spoke to my dad back in the UK. Knew noting of any political unrest in Thailand. He is getting on a bit though:) I guess contries in general have their own interests best at heart. (did the Thais fight against hitler/japan?)

When the south starts bombing Bangkokyour wife will know about terror and it will all make sense (with a little (or lot) explanation regarding religion, the American's giving Jew's what the palestinians considered their homeland after the 2nd world war.........and the general hatred that has bred an era of terror. not just recent either......)

(PS Thai sent forces to iraq to appease bush - not to let the the Thai people know how great they are (!?!?!?!?!?!?) _I might be wrong but i think their army isn't up to much and it was a purely token gesture. Bush is Sith lord and leader of the fourth reich who will probably be assassinated to establish martial law in the US, all possible IMHO but i don't think the majority see it that way! Try telling your wife they blew up their own world trade towers and explain that, now that will really confuse her. My next worry is iran. China diagree and only need to step in and things could get ugly

Just looked on yahoo today and 51 UK firms in iraq. The UK and US have made a serious and i mean SERIOUS amount of money ie billions/ not millions......no idea about Thailand though.

bedtime

PS got some great avi videos on conspiracy - looks like they worked on me! :D

:D:D:D Troll post or extremely stupid.

On another note. I had dinner (outside) with a Thai girl that has a Uni degree in Microbiology. The moon was out and she asked me if I could see the moon from the United States. :D

yes but if looking from USA you see the other side of the moon or?

Good question I don't really know. But since the moon rotates I'm guessing a different view of the moon. :o

I'll investigate that, after I found out, why the Australians can hang upside down without falling away from the earth.....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai seems to have a total disinterest for affairs not concerning Thailand. I know this is a complete stereoptype but i feel it is the general trend. On the news too. There will be a short burst of intrnational coverage in no great depth (after the Thai coverage naturally) but the main emphasis is usually on some truck driver getting caught with someting or an explosion in the south or something other crap like a woman jumping off a roof.

This seems the way for the west too, I spoke to my dad back in the UK. Knew noting of any political unrest in Thailand. He is getting on a bit though:) I guess contries in general have their own interests best at heart. (did the Thais fight against hitler/japan?)

When the south starts bombing Bangkokyour wife will know about terror and it will all make sense (with a little (or lot) explanation regarding religion, the American's giving Jew's what the palestinians considered their homeland after the 2nd world war.........and the general hatred that has bred an era of terror. not just recent either......)

(PS Thai sent forces to iraq to appease bush - not to let the the Thai people know how great they are (!?!?!?!?!?!?) _I might be wrong but i think their army isn't up to much and it was a purely token gesture. Bush is Sith lord and leader of the fourth reich who will probably be assassinated to establish martial law in the US, all possible IMHO but i don't think the majority see it that way! Try telling your wife they blew up their own world trade towers and explain that, now that will really confuse her. My next worry is iran. China diagree and only need to step in and things could get ugly

Just looked on yahoo today and 51 UK firms in iraq. The UK and US have made a serious and i mean SERIOUS amount of money ie billions/ not millions......no idea about Thailand though.

bedtime

On another note. I had dinner (outside) with a Thai girl that has a Uni degree in Microbiology. The moon was out and she asked me if I could see the moon from the United States. :D

yes but if looking from USA you see the other side of the moon or?

Good question I don't really know. But since the moon rotates I'm guessing a different view of the moon. :o

The moon does indeed rotate, but at the same rate as it orbits the earth, with the result that the same side ALWAYS faces the earth (and from all points on the earth - it's about 30 times as far to the moon as it is from one side of the earth to the other, so the view is almost identical).

With reference to the swastika - yes, it is Hindu in origin, but the fashion accessories usually have the black on red with white outline one, clearly a nazi reference.

When the south starts bombing Bangkokyour wife will know about terror and it will all make sense (with a little (or lot) explanation regarding religion, the American's 'ENGLSIH edit-' giving Jew's what the palestinians considered their homeland after the 2nd world war.........and the general hatred that has bred an era of terror. not just recent either......)

bedtime

I'm no troll and have thought in the past quite deepley about the point you put in bold a lot. I also never believed the person who told me this unbeleivable truth for the first time. When I watched farenheit 9/11 and several other films (some of which were made for broadcast, obviously not airable on TV though) my thinking changed. i.e. after considering evidence.

Don't forget too thant the USA's past now reveals some crazy cover ups and conspiracies which you would not have beleived possible at the time, regarding communism and the cold war..(a BBC documentary I have)......Anyhow i'm in BKK and have these videos, too many of them for my own good probably) .avi and .mpg files. I know this really is off topic from the OP, but maybe you wouldn't call me stupid if you watched them - and if your in BKK just PM me. I would be interested to see if they changed your attitude:) Maybe you could even show me otherwise through them?

for anyone with a good connection you can download most of them too. heres some titels and i got others

In plane sight, 911

The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

Noam Chomsky On Iraq War,

The Power Of Nightmares Part 1 (BBC 2004-10,

GNN - CIA Mind Control Operation MK-ULTRA.

To relate this post to the OP and hopefully prevent it getting removed I think a level of ignorance can only be judged on a person to person basis, but that Thailands culture is still pretty strong (and Thai is the dominant race, (compare it with the UK for instance)). Therefore Thailands interests intrest the Thais

:o Am I still a troll?!?!?!

PS this stuff about the moon is really starting to confuse me :D

Edited by juggler

I don't know but but your link indicates that it is the khmer rouge flag.

_79176_khmer_rouge_flag300.jpg

For all you guys going on about the swastika, how many know what this symbol means???? :o

I forgot is there a price for the first one who knows it?

a 6 pack german beer or the latest edition from "Mein Kampf"??

Edited by h90

For all you guys going on about the swastika, how many know what this symbol means???? :o

It sure is.I bet less than 10% of TV members would know that.Here is a regime that is remembered mainly for the deaths of an estimated 1.7 million people (from an estimated 1972 population of 7.1 million), through execution, starvation and forced labor..that's 25%of the population murdered.Men, women and children.

This happened only 30 odd years ago.....

it must be like that because on the other side of the moon are the aliens waiting to take over earth.

The moon does indeed rotate, but at the same rate as it orbits the earth, with the result that the same side ALWAYS faces the earth (and from all points on the earth - it's about 30 times as far to the moon as it is from one side of the earth to the other, so the view is almost identical).

With reference to the swastika - yes, it is Hindu in origin, but the fashion accessories usually have the black on red with white outline one, clearly a nazi reference.

First prize is for you to drape yourself in the flag and then walk along the Thai/Cambodia border.

Good luck! :D

Edited by chuchok

It sure is.I bet less than 10% of TV members would know that.Here is a regime that is remembered mainly for the deaths of an estimated 1.7 million people (from an estimated 1972 population of 7.1 million), through execution, starvation and forced labor..that's 25%of the population murdered.Men, women and children.

what price did I win? :D

the german beer

the book "Mein Kampf"

or a T-Shirt with the khmer rouge flag

are you sure that it is safe to do so :D

Maybe the Cambodians have a different sense of humour than I have :D

what about the german beer instead that sounds less dangerous :D

For all you guys going on about the swastika, how many know what this symbol means???? :D

First prize is for you to drape yourself in the flag and then walk along the Thai/Cambodia border.

it must be like that because on the other side of the moon are the aliens waiting to take over earth.

:o the aliens are coming, the aliens are coming :D

phibunmike....thanks for the info. My 'moon' also looks the same whether viewed in the states or Thailand.............. :D

I think Thai people miss a sensitivity button, walking around with Osama shirts, german helmets and swastika's.......or are just plain stupid.

You have the nerve to call other people JUST PLAIN STUPID. It would help if you understood about the things you comment on before you pass judgement.

The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.

Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.

I did not call them plain stupid it reads 'or are they......' sorry for your READING MISTAKE buddy

thanks for explaining the swastika, I will ask the people that wear them if they know about the true explanation (fat chance larry), I did not thanks for that, but............explain osama (or is this japanese for love) german helmets (new style motor helmet?)

I asked my wife about Great Brittain and she replied; GREAT????

A lot of people don't know. There's Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom, Britain, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Most Australians don't know the meaning of each term.

A lot of people don't know. There's Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United Kingdom, Britain, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Most Australians don't know the meaning of each term.

Great Britain = that big island north of france – or in political terms; England, Scotland, and Wales.

Northern Ireland = part of that smaller island that the big island owns

United Kingdom = Short for = United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland – also known as that big island, and part of that small island.

Britain = I might be missing something here because I thought Britain was simply short for Great Britain – unless of course you want to go back to the time when the Romans ruled that big island in which case it would be Britannia I think.

England = the largest part of that big island

Wales = A small westerly portion of the big island (I remember West = Wales)

Scotland = Second biggest part of that big island – in the North.

Australian = people from the islands that were smart enough to get out of the rain and move to the biggest island

Not bad for a stupid Yank. :o

I'm not surprised that most Thais don't know about Iraq. My wife does, she begs me to come home and stay almost everyday. I've been here for more than 3 years now. Most people don't know about Iraq, they have media biased opinions, not real knowledge. Ignorance for the masses is sometimes bliss. I've heard all of the arguments, I've seen most of the news and most of it is B.S. Thailand is paradise, why should they be programed into someone else's version of what is right or wrong about Iraq.

My wife is a loving lady, extremely business savy and very intellegent. I don't base her intellegence quotient on geographical or philosophical knowledge, I base it on her ability to communicate her thoughts and ideas.

I've met many Master Engineers that couldn't change a door knob. Intelligence only rates where it's applied. A PHD in philosophy won't help a man survive in the jungle. Education that can be applied to life, that's where true genius resides.

Great Britain = that big island north of france – or in political terms; England, Scotland, and Wales.

Northern Ireland = part of that smaller island that the big island owns

United Kingdom = Short for = United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland – also known as that big island, and part of that small island.

Britain = I might be missing something here because I thought Britain was simply short for Great Britain – unless of course you want to go back to the time when the Romans ruled that big island in which case it would be Britannia I think.

England = the largest part of that big island

Wales = A small westerly portion of the big island (I remember West = Wales)

Scotland = Second biggest part of that big island – in the North.

Australian = people from the islands that were smart enough to get out of the rain and move to the biggest island

Not bad for a stupid Yank. :o

great basically unknown in thailand.

I remember the post lady in austria once routed one letter to "UK" to the Ukraine as she thought it is the short form......

And the schools are very good in Austria......

But Tokyo can you tell me why they stay together, the different parts of UK do not like each other, the Australians don't like the Queen of UK, the British don't like the EU and the EU don't like the British but they stay together.....

I don't want to start an Iraq discussion, but I remember on the beginning of the war, I saw a lot different news and newspapers and if I compare for example "Fox News" with some German, French, Austrian newspapers, you think you read about 2 different wars.

normaly at least the facts are the same, only they are presented different but in that case it was a complete different war.

I am not even sure that the true is somewhere between maybe everything is complete different.....

But ask Thais about their own history, first of all the years are often wrong and second it is a history in which Thailand never made anything wrong, they win all wars and every king was a big warhero who basically alone kicked out the Burmanese Army who was always 10 times bigger than the Thais, bla bla bla.....

Would love to get a real history book....

I'm not surprised that most Thais don't know about Iraq. My wife does, she begs me to come home and stay almost everyday. I've been here for more than 3 years now. Most people don't know about Iraq, they have media biased opinions, not real knowledge. Ignorance for the masses is sometimes bliss. I've heard all of the arguments, I've seen most of the news and most of it is B.S. Thailand is paradise, why should they be programed into someone else's version of what is right or wrong about Iraq.

My wife is a loving lady, extremely business savy and very intellegent. I don't base her intellegence quotient on geographical or philosophical knowledge, I base it on her ability to communicate her thoughts and ideas.

I've met many Master Engineers that couldn't change a door knob. Intelligence only rates where it's applied. A PHD in philosophy won't help a man survive in the jungle. Education that can be applied to life, that's where true genius resides.

I don't want to start an Iraq discussion, but I remember on the beginning of the war, I saw a lot different news and newspapers and if I compare for example "Fox News" with some German, French, Austrian newspapers, you think you read about 2 different wars.

normaly at least the facts are the same, only they are presented different but in that case it was a complete different war.

I am not even sure that the true is somewhere between maybe everything is complete different.....

But ask Thais about their own history, first of all the years are often wrong and second it is a history in which Thailand never made anything wrong, they win all wars and every king was a big warhero who basically alone kicked out the Burmanese Army who was always 10 times bigger than the Thais, bla bla bla.....

great basically unknown in thailand.

I remember the post lady in austria once routed one letter to "UK" to the Ukraine as she thought it is the short form......

And the schools are very good in Austria......

But Tokyo can you tell me why they stay together, the different parts of UK do not like each other, the Australians don't like the Queen of UK, the British don't like the EU and the EU don't like the British but they stay together.....

What is their alternative? Stronger/better together than apart I suppose.

Besides I take the piss out of my best mates cause I know they can take it. So I think there is quite a bit of that going on as well – sometimes referred to as male bonding.

Besides I take the piss out of my best mates cause I know they can take it. So I think there is quite a bit of that going on as well – sometimes referred to as male bonding.

That's right - who would we Brits take the piss out of if we didn't have the French ? And vice-versa. You have to have someone...

Oops! Don't know what happened there.

I don't want to discuss Iraq here either. That's a debate that's worthy of many beers and I can't have any here. LOL

As for the Thai history, I can imagine that they do have a jaded remembrance of history. Most cultures do. Dracula was a wonderful leader according many Romanians. The Dahli llama defeated the Chinese. We Americans are even guilty. The Southern Rebels from the Civil War era, "The South is gonna do it again!" What lose? We all tend to think of our respective countries in a golden light. My Romanian Ex-wife used to proclaim that Romania was the greatest country in the world... I always replied. "That explains the long lists of Americans trying to immigrate TO Romania!" maybe that's one reason she's my Ex... ya think? It's a national pride thing. I don't blame them, Heck we do it all the time!

Very good point.

The Thai people tend to avoid conflicts and do not like to air grievances in public, and I think this has a carry-over effect in how they write/perceive history.

IMHO a very good English language book on Thailand’s history is "Thailand’s Political History" by B.J. Terwiel. In the authors concluding remarks he states the following:

"Thai history writing is burdened by this long practiced process of rewriting the past - with the aim of avoiding disagreeable events - in favor of an account that renders a more positive impression. The history of the state has been remade to serve the purpose of the fostering adminiration in the reader. Particularly works having the state's imprimatur tend to provide the reader with an account that is some cases is little more than a litany of great deeds and praiseworthy decisions."

But even in the west history is written by the victors - and to the victors go the spoils. So the good guys are always the winners, and made to look better than they actually were, and the bad guys are always the losers, and made to look worse than they actually were – with some obvious exceptions. I mean is it possible to make Hitler look worse than he actually was?

I remember this new Scottish student at school who was almost in tears when he told us that Thais classify Scotland as prathet Ungrit. You know how proud they are of being Scottish. :o At the same time, I thought Thais would call Scotland prathet Scotland simply because Katheleeya and Willy McIntosh are half-Scottish, and it's well known to all dara-followers out there...

Yes the reporting of world events is very much "dummed down" for the general public in the US as apposed to Europe.

what price did I win? :D

the german beer

the book "Mein Kampf"

or a T-Shirt with the khmer rouge flag

are you sure that it is safe to do so :D

Maybe the Cambodians have a different sense of humour than I have :D

what about the german beer instead that sounds less dangerous :D

For all you guys going on about the swastika, how many know what this symbol means???? :D

Lets just say that you should get your hourse in order before you leave for the border.I would tend to think that your life expentancy would be measured in hours rather than days.

I imagine it would be similar to attending an Israeli Special forces party and doing a big sig-heil and a goose step...only more violent.

Edited by chuchok

Not that I am out to get any more fur flying, but I wonder how many Brits were scratching their heads pondering why Argentina had invaded some islands north of Scotland when the Falklands War broke out? :o

Just a thought... :D

That's right - who would we Brits take the piss out of if we didn't have the French ? And vice-versa. You have to have someone...

And we Aussies have the Poms

:o:D

bedtime

PS got some great avi videos on conspiracy - looks like they worked on me! :o

Aren't you a racist beotch check your facts jack. The British were in charge of Palestine after the war. What color is the sky in your world.

I'm not rasicst, infact my grandad was american, but i was pretty offkey in my post factually - and didn't mean any offence, so sorry for that. I felt that the post started on track becauseinternational news coverage does seem poor to me on the TV thats all. The rest of it was the Chang talking

Also, I just can't remeber some of those things they taught me at school, like the name of the meetings the allies had, hold on....ahhhh so versialles treaty was world war 1...I'm no historian so please except my appologies....having a look on the internet though, its a topic i don't know much about and would like to know more about, what with it's ongoing relevance to the world we will live in.......but thats offpost so let this just be an appology for providing bad information and offending you

keeping on track. Is it true that Taksin has a problem with the Muslimis in the South? Has Taksin has talkjed to Bush about these things?. Does ush and the US support Jewish interest in the US above Muslim interests? Has the world of 'terror' as we know it today has been created partially because of this? I know my histories not good and am genuinely not sure on all the above? you seem to know a lot more about it than me tavarich so maybe you could helpeducated ( in a friendly way this time please)

cheers

slightly of track but as you mentioned bush , with reference to bushes recent speech about iran ... it went something like this ...

"well we know they are bad guys (iran) .. and they got the nukes ... and they threatened isreal, and isreal they are our buddies, so this is obviously a real threat to national security"

ok then george can you please tell me when Israel constituted part of the nation is the united states ?? alternatively maybe some of tv member can explain this rational to me

Soic: "I don't want to discuss Iraq here either. That's a debate that's worthy of many beers and I can't have any here. LOL"

I could send you one with FedEx, but I am 100 % sure you never receive it......

Soic2: yes Romania is full of expats, also the german wall in east germany was made to prevent west germans come into east german "anti-faschistischer Schutzwall" means antifashist protection something....

TokioT: "Thailand’s Political History" do you know is it available in Thailand? Is it readable for someone whos motherlanguage is not english (me)?

"I mean is it possible to make Hitler look worse than he actually was?" For some things they did not had a proof on hand at the moment so they made them themself. Made some gas cambers at the concentration camps for example. That is giving now some crazy guys the chance to tell that everything is fake, because they found some fake things.

And they forgot some own things..... 10.000 corsaks churchill gave for stalin after he promised them something different. No country gave Jews Visa, Switzerland send them back to Germany and so on. Naplam bombing of Dresden......

The winner makes the history, imagine Hitler would have won, we would learn now, how evil the others were an how he defeated the attacks of them and we would be belive it......

can you please tell me when Israel constituted part of the nation is the united states ??

Always really, but gradually more so after the 1967 war. They are virtually one and the same entity now pushing the lie that "Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East". That's their favourite.

Edited by robitusson