Bangkok: ' Saen Saeb Tsunami' Almost Pulls Passengers Down Into The Canal

webfact

I've taken those canal speedboats many times.The travel is quick across town, and people seem to know that you have to jump on and off quickly and more times than not they don't tie the boat to the dock as they do on the Chaopraya. This is just normal and a part of life here regardless of how dangerous it is.

I've taken those canal speedboats many times.The travel is quick across town, and people seem to know that you have to jump on and off quickly and more times than not they don't tie the boat to the dock as they do on the Chaopraya. This is just normal and a part of life here regardless of how dangerous it is.

Sad to see such an undeveloped society and people, isn't it. :(

The standing wave set up by those two boats could easily swamp a third - or themselves - some hundred odd into the water. Prolly lose half or so.

Boaty would have to be jesus to 'standard operating procedure' do a runner.

Edited by DekDaeng

these boats are a great service.

"We have contacted the boat operator and they will offer compensation to the affected people," Marine Department chief Sornsak Saensombat said yesterday.

Sornsak also vowed to crack down on boats racing for passengers and enforce the speed limit of 20 kilometres per hour.

"We will improve pier standards too and work closely with boat-service operators in getting quality human resources for the services," he said.

one can only applaud the Thai authorities here.

good job.

The big lady with the sack hardly flinches and everyone drops around her like skittles.. amazing

Yes, looks like the bigger they are the less likely they are to fall. If the pier was floating, however, it may well have thrown them all into the water. Or against each other, with injuries.

Sad to see such an undeveloped society and people, isn't it. sad.png

On the other hand, great to see an under regulated non nanny state society where you know the officials are saying one thing, while cracking up back at the office and letting it all blow over.

• Like 2

Boys will be boys, songkran came early for those girls.

Yeah, funny!

...and now- just for a second- imagine YOURSELF slipping abd falling into this poisonous soup of excrements, rotting soi- dogs and whatever else swims in there!

Sawasdee pee mai, huh?

• Like 1

Sad to see such an undeveloped society and people, isn't it. sad.png

On the other hand, great to see an under regulated non nanny state society where you know the officials are saying one thing, while cracking up back at the office and letting it all blow over.

Whilst not loving the nanny state approach back home, the "don't give a f&@k about the ordinary people" attitude here needs a bit of a make over.

• Like 2

Racing? They weren't that fast. The only reason they got wet is that the second boat changed lanes and came to close to the pier. It seems to me, though, that he might have done that on purpose.

It's basically a classic case of someone driving his car on purpose through a puddle at a bus stop.

Edited by pacovl46

Yeah, funny!

...and now- just for a second- imagine YOURSELF slipping abd falling into this poisonous soup of excrements, rotting soi- dogs and whatever else swims in there!

Sawasdee pee mai, huh?

Oh boo hoo! if that's the worst thing that ever happens to me I'll be happy, I've had worse! Lighten up!

• Like 1

Yeah, funny!

Sawasdee pee mai, huh?

Oh boo hoo! if that's the worst thing that ever happens to me I'll be happy, I've had worse! Lighten up!

Yeah...a week or two of runny dumps will sure "lighten " you up!

When the 2nd (offending) boat passes the pier..it's looking to me like the driver/skipper is hell-bent on passing the previous boat..is there ANY regulations/laws with these boats..do they have numbers?..if so did the driver know full well that the camera on the jetty would not pick up his boat-No. that is painted on the back..??

Racing? They weren't that fast. The only reason they got wet is that the second boat changed lanes and came to close to the pier. It seems to me, though, that he might have done that on purpose.

It's basically a classic case of someone driving his car on purpose through a puddle at a bus stop.

It was a boat on a canal, Einstein.