Tg To Singapore?

Well I thought I was returning to the UK from Continental Europe later this year and have asked questions with that regard but today I was told it may be Singapore instead. Not 100% official yet and most importantly money needs to be discussed.

We have only had a "Temple" wedding but were planning on the Amphur in July so this might have to be brought forward to April for applications etc.

The company knows I am "Married" to a Thai so I would assume they would sort out her requirements when applying for my EP (Employment Pass).

However, has anybody else taken their Thai wife to Singapore and is the process straightforward?

No answers ;-)

I spoke to the Regional Manager today and she thought there would be no problem and the company would arrange the LTPV (or whatever it is called) for the Missus while they were sorting out my Employment Pass.

All we need now is the money to be OK and off we go!

No answers ;-)

I spoke to the Regional Manager today and she thought there would be no problem and the company would arrange the LTPV (or whatever it is called) for the Missus while they were sorting out my Employment Pass.

All we need now is the money to be OK and off we go!

Rightfully so, your company will sort out the visas, but you are going to need the marriage registration certificate. Singapore will not give dependent pass to SEA nationals without legal marriage.

“Temple” marriage is meaningless to gov. authorities, both here in Thailand and abroad.

TH

Well I thought I was returning to the UK from Continental Europe later this year and have asked questions with that regard but today I was told it may be Singapore instead. Not 100% official yet and most importantly money needs to be discussed.

We have only had a "Temple" wedding but were planning on the Amphur in July so this might have to be brought forward to April for applications etc.

The company knows I am "Married" to a Thai so I would assume they would sort out her requirements when applying for my EP (Employment Pass).

However, has anybody else taken their Thai wife to Singapore and is the process straightforward?

Process is simple.

She can even work with a dependant pass:

- MOM Dependant's Pass Information

- http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/moving_...ependants.shtml

And as you guessed, Singapore does not recognise "Temple" wedding.

Edited by singa-traz

Singapore will not give dependent pass to SEA nationals without legal marriage.

Not the full story

When I moved from Thailand to Singapore my, then fiancee, moved with me and she received a Long Term Social Visitors Pass which she then converted to a Dependents Pass when we married. Her application was supported by my employers.

The catogory to look at is Long Term Social Visitor.