Huahin: Any Recommendations?

james.d

Hello All,

Hopfully some recommedations for HuaHin, I have just returned from overseas back here for a vacation and looking to take my wife away for a few days R&R.

We are both late 40's and would like a resort quiet however with a couple of laid back pubs/bars and good sea food choices. We are looking for advice for somewhere in Hua-Hin, a clean, nice customer friendly resort with pool on the beach and not isolated. Resort budget of about 2,500THB per night.

We don't have our transport and are located in Watcharaphon (Ramintra area) so guess the bus is the only option or is there a train available?. Does anyone know when Songkhran starts in HuaHin as we would prefer not to be there at that time and back home in BKK. We were looking to go on Tuesday for 2 nights.

I am just trying to find any resorts that offer this from your recommendations without just choosing the most popular option as sometimes there are hidden gems out there.

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

James.

I haven't been in a few years, but we've stayed at both the Hilton and the Marriott. I lucked out and got an oceanfront room at the Marriott. Nice pool, maybe a bit better beach than the Hilton. But it's a bit out of town and you need to take a tuk tuk otherwise a bit of a long walk into town.

The Hilton is centrally located and a fair pub connected to it.

We just took a taxi there and back. A bit more money, but door to door. Great way to go in this heat!!!

Have fun!!

P.S. I think Songkran will be in full force starting Friday...so you might miss it by a bit.

Look at wotif.com.

They have a mystery hotel, five stars, in the centre of town and it's not difficult to work out what hotel it is. Nearly half the price of any other site. But it's a big chain and not a hidden gem, just good value.

this upcoming friday/sat will be the worst for songkran.

Head downtown, many places to stay an lots of great local seafood in rests on the water.

also some good Indian food as well

we always stay at Puangpen Villa hotel, right downtown, wifi, pool , big room, and less than 1,000 baht/night

walking distance to everywhere email [email protected] or call 32533785-6

Its not on the beach to have one of those u will need be out of town. and it will cost ya $$$

Take the train!!!!

Edited by phuketrichard

We stayed at the Hilton a couple of years ago and the only thing we could fault was the extortionate wifi charge. I'm really fussy and can't see what people would complain about! It cost way more than 2,500 baht a night though. I don't think you can get anything on the beach in Hua Hin for that price.

We stayed at the Hilton a couple of years ago and the only thing we could fault was the extortionate wifi charge. I'm really fussy and can't see what people would complain about! It cost way more than 2,500 baht a night though. I don't think you can get anything on the beach in Hua Hin for that price.

See my comment above!

I just got back to Hua Hin from another quickie vis BKK. I was planning on a taxi ripoff, but my Thai friend said no, we take the VIP bus at 305 baht each. well, I have never been a fan of buses, but dang if this wasn't w great experience. 3 hours and 15 minutes BKK to HH bus station and then 100 baht tuk tuk ride to my friends place. the bus is available at level 1, Gate 8.

Very professional, modern bus with seatbelts, good AC and has a quick stop in Cha Am.

As or hotels, they are all plentiful. I prefer the center part of Hua Hin, but check agoda. there are still deals to be had, but be warned Hua Hiin fills up with BKK middle class and wealthy refugees fleeing for Songkran. The idiotic behaviour one sees in Phuket and other farang heavy places isn't allowed in Hua Hin.

2,500 sounds low for a nice Hua Hin resort.

I've not stayed at the Marriot (it is a ways out) but I have stayed at the Hilton and the Sofitel, I like the Sofitel better.

FYI the Sofitel Centara Grand is no longer a Sofitel, it has reverted to full management by Centara.

About 2 years if memory serves

Imperial Resort - tucked behind the Klaikangwon Palace, is about THB3000 - nice little spot.

Clean and modern, on the beach, food is ok I guess, have always enjoyed eating breakfast looking out at the ocean. No pubs and such nearby though.