No Water Hangdong, Chiang Mai - Koolpuntville 9

howard251

This happens so many times per year I decided to post about it.

I have a 1,350 water tank in Koolpuntville 9 where I have lived for the past 9 years. Many times per year I experience no city water for days a time.

I wonder if it is only the housing company Koolpuntville 9 or all of Hangdong, Chiang Mai.

Since yesterday morning there has been no city water to me or my neighbors, is anyone else in the Hangdong area experiencing periods of up to 3 days with no water ?

Edited by howard251

Your water bill will show if it's from the municipal water supply or from the moo ban.. Most likely its from the moo ban I'd say in that location.

My water bill is usually 240 baht, but I have been watering the outside plants everyday and my current bill this month was 561 baht, the highest ever in 9 years.

I do use my Air Con everyday and so my electric bill is usually between 2200 and 2800 baht, but this month it was 3661, the highest ever.

I have noticed an increase in my utility bills by 20% in the past few months. :-(

I do not mind paying my share but when there is no water for days on end it's get frustrating.

Low pressure here too in Nong Kwai. Sounds like there is massive water leakage under ground there in K 9. What does the management say when you report this? Would be interested as friends thinking of moving there.

My village speaker system has been offering a special deal on water tank and pump, fitted. We have a day or two a month without water, but since my landlord has installed the tank I doubt I'll ever notice it again.

Definitely worth the 13,000B the landlord paid.

Howard

The only time city water has been shut off here, it has been preceeded by a notice several days in advance (except when there is an emegency due to pipe breakages). Same for the moo baan. We have had pipes burst and our water shut off. A notice is then placed at the guard shack vice being delivered to each house. Emergency crews come in and water is restored within, usually, 12-18 hours.

When new section of houses is to be added, the developer sends out a notice to each house saying water will be shut off during these hours for connecting new houses to the main.

The same notice comes out when the water dept is making a change that affects our moo baan; they notify the office and the office delivers a notice to each house.

I would expect you should get the same service at K-9, since Koolpuntville is a big outfit.

If you literally do not get any water, some one knows why. Does K-9 have a sales and/or service office open on site? If so, what do they say. They have to know. Is it because 17,000 people ahead of you in K-9 on that line have pumps sucking the city water of out the pipes before it gets to you? K-9 has to know if the city water is coming into the development or not.

If the K-9 office says it not an internal issue, I would suggest going to the water district office and getting the answer. They will know of any water flow issues going to K-9. And, while there, get the telephone numbers to call next time to track down why you have no water on any specific day. The water department knows when there are area outages and why.

I thought the water service at BWT was good.

Not a problem for me but then the thread is about the problems at K9 is it not?

BWT is Amphur Hang Dong, which was the general question. Didn't realize it was Final Jeopardy.

Always nice to have a shower and a bottle of water after a few dog pack chases.

Edited by Thighlander

I thought the water service at BWT was good.

Not a problem for me but then the thread is about the problems at K9 is it not?

BWT is Amphur Hang Dong, which was the general question. Didn't realize it was Final Jeopardy.

Always nice to have a shower and a bottle of water after a few dog pack chases.

Yes,I know you are always looking for an in to slam BWT,just can't resist can you? Quite sad to have such pent up aggression for your ex abode.

I contacted Koolpuntville 9 about the no water situation and the answer is usually the same.

The city is cleaning out the water pipes and performing routine maintenance.

I find that hard to believe because there was no water starting on a Sunday and into Monday the holiday, April 6 วันจักรี (Wan Chakkri) day.

Immigration was closed on Monday, it was a public holiday. Since when does the Chiangmai water municipality start cleaning the water pipes on a Sunday and going past a public holiday.

There is a monthly housing fee of 880 baht and up depending on how big the land your house is on. Part of that fee pays for free yellow & green well water delivered by the Koolpuntville 9 truck to fill up your water tank. ( hey it's better than no water at all).

Some people who live here tend to try and skip the monthly fee which pays for street lighting on a private road, 24 hour security, trash removal, free house fixing. I think Koolpuntville 9 may actually shut the main tap into the housing company for 2 days at a time to get people to pay the monthly fee owed them. If you are not up to date on your monthly housing company fee, no water will be delivered.

Everyday when I start to water the plants and trees, the first thing I have to check is to see if water is running from the city that day.

I can't explain how ThaiVisa user BB1955 can have water 1/2 kilometer from me near the Hangdong Hospital which is further away from the city water supply, but not Koolpuntville 9?