Visa Advice Required For Stay In Thailand

Hello everyone,

To the Mods, I hope this is posted in the right place. Sooooo sorry for wasting people time with what will be a simple answer for someone. I have looked at various sites/info and am a little confused.

I need some advice with which Visa to obtain. I wanted just to Visa runs so that I could travel a little bit to Cambodia and Laos, the the airline has told me that it wont take me without a valid Visa for the amount of time I wish to stay in the Kingdom.

I (UK citizen) plan to travel to Thailand to celebrate Songkran with my Thai friends that live in Thailand.

I wish to stay in the kingdom for a period of 90 days.

1. What visa(s) do I require.

2. As time is now running out can I go to the The Royal Thai Consulate in Liverpool (I live in North Wales) to apply for a Visa in person, or do I have to travel to Royal Thai Embassy London.

I intend to spend most of my time in the Sisaket province. I would like to volunteer some of my time to the school to help teaching English, in the village where I will be staying, as a thank you to the local people for the way they look after me.

Would I need to apply for a special Visa to do this, because if it means I have to mess around doing this then I wont volunteer my free time to help out in a deprived area of the province.

I hope that you can help,

Chang

PS

Anyone from the UK in the Sisaket province near Rasi Sali

You need a visa. Any visa. A single entry tourist is fine.

You can not work on a tourist visa and you can not work without a work permit. Teaching paid or not is work.

I suspect if a foreigner was just in the area sitting and people took an interest in him and words were exchanged it would be very unlikely anyone would have a major concern.