Royal Thai Air Force Joins In The Battle; Spraying Water In A Bid To Reduce The Smog

ChiangMaiMail

Royal Thai Air Force joins in the battle

Spraying water in a bid to reduce the smog

n2-royal.JPG

The Royal Thai Air Force is spraying water at high altitudes in a bid to reduce the smoke and haze blanketing Chiang Mai.

Nopniwat Krailerg

Royal Thai Air Force officers met at Wing 41 on March 28, 2013 to discuss ways in which they could assist the North in battling the smothering smoke and haze that has covered the region. Air Chief Marshal Anirooth Khittirat, Assistant Chief of the Air Staff for Civil Affairs Royal Thai Air Force Headquarters and Surapol Sattayarak, Chiang Mai Permanent Secretary met with relevant agencies to discuss the situation and offer solutions to lessening the concentration of particles in the air.

continued here http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/current/news.shtml#hd2

[chiangmaimail][/chiangmaimail]

Edited by ChiangMaiMail

Last night I got my hand's on your local English paper C/M mail.

I thought that the article Thai Royal Airforce joins in the battle front page was a belated April the 1st joke. But having read the above post I now realise that it wasn't.

I see that Air marshal Anirooth state's that 1 aircraft spraying 3,785 lt of water at an altitude of 4,000 feet at a speed of 150 knot's should be able to cover a HOLE 1 rai per trip and that they hope to do 2 trip's a day using 3 plane's.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that equate to 6 rai a day well that's it then your snog +++ in C/M all sorted in one foul 'pun intended' swoop.

I thought that incorrectly as it turn's out that if they put a stop to the illegal burning there would not have been a problem in the first place. Just show's you how silly us Farang are.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Edited by fredob43

6 rai a day...?

How does that equate to volume? Are they saying 6 rai x 4000 feet? Not that it would make any difference even if it was 6,000 rai x 4000 feet. Just another make believe program never to be questioned.

However they could use those planes to put out a few fires. That would be more effective and would also send a message.

This year I saw more burning in park land than I have ever seen before. You think that they might at least be interested in who is lighting those fires?

What is the cost of flying that aircraft per hour what with fuel costs, both aircrew and goundcrew, fatigue life plus the cost or the water?

10, 20, 50 or even 100,000 baht per flying hour to cover 1 whole rai?

The guy who dreamt it up needs a nice comfortable room with padded walls and one of those jackets that help you scratch your back all the time.

6 rai a day...?

How does that equate to volume? Are they saying 6 rai x 4000 feet? Not that it would make any difference even if it was 6,000 rai x 4000 feet. Just another make believe program never to be questioned.

However they could use those planes to put out a few fires. That would be more effective and would also send a message.

This year I saw more burning in park land than I have ever seen before. You think that they might at least be interested in who is lighting those fires?

I just quoted the C/M Mail to-wit The plane's should be able to cover 1 Rai per trip mostly in urban areas . And they will be doing this for 15 day's so 90 Rai all together then they will be co-ordinating with the Royal rain making and agricultural aviation to bring the smoke and haze level's down even more, so now you have it in a nut shell no more haze.

Edited by fredob43