Songkran

Kan Win

Well Folks,

Please blame me (as you always do bah.gif) for starting a Great Thread w00t.gif

One Photo per post please whistling.gif

Any year, as long as the photo was taken in Thailand. tongue.png

Also, please click on the "Like" button thumbsup.gif under the member (right hand side post ) that posted the photo for your approval that you liked it. tongue.png

One wishes you all "a very Safe trip" and a very Happy "Sawadee Bee Mai Thai Khrap"wai.gif

All my old photos are on here

http://www.pbase.com/win13/song

Have fun and hope see you all after Songkran. coffee1.gif

Win laugh.png

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 2

Remember to teach your kids ....playing with water at Songkran is OK...only if you play with those who want to play too. Saying 'it is only once a year...they have to put up with it...' is selfish. You can see by their faces, attitude and clothing, whether people want to play and don't mind getting wet...or not. The thai word grengjai meaning to be thoughtful applies here. To get someone angry or even just annoyed, to make someone feel uncomfortable...is creating bad karma for us. Stop playing after 5 pm...give them a chance to go to work or got to the market or come home from work and stay dry.

• Like 2

I try to use an older camera rather than my latest and best...but also keep it in a plastic bag...just pull it out when I'm safe to shoot.

Previously I used an old Olympus E1 which was water-resistant with all O ring sealed parts and i used a filter on the lens and a bayonet lens hood to trap a plastic bag with a hole so that it was in the bag but no plastic in front of the lens.

• Like 1

My waterproof cheapie camera went south, in the last year, so not sure what I will do... It's raining here on Samui, this morning, that's going to dampen things whistling.gifsad.png

Fine if it's hot!!! Usually one of my neighbours rides around in a truck, .... I am not sure if they are doing this year or not yet.... I would sit in the cab if he does! wink.png

I have lost too many cameras by them getting wet over the years, no more!!! it's not worth the risk! wink.png

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this one kan, I'm working away now and I'll miss it this year as I did the last couple of years through work commitments,, but good to check out those photos as a reminder,

it's a fun event and wish i was home for it, although in some places I think it can drag on a bit too long,

but in saying that I'm sure there are plenty areas to go for those who want to avoid it