A Little Funny

chonabot

And this time I'll be that jerk that feels it worth pointing out that you can get stitched up for "working" without a WP for your performance.

Lol.... no way man.

Why do some people have to try to pull the rug from under a nice post by trying to make out that Thailand is some sort of police state... He wasn't working... I suppose next time I am on the karaoke, I better check that nobody from immigration is around.

Luckily Thais are a bit more sensible and able to recognize the difference between someone having a jam by request in a bar and performing as a booked act.

Sheesh..... some farangs.

• Like 2

And this time I'll be that jerk that feels it worth pointing out that you can get stitched up for "working" without a WP for your performance.

It's cool , my current WP doesn't expire until the end of April.

One of my roles - as per my job description - was 'Music Teacher' at my school smile.png

I organised a large musical talent show and we did quite a few performances around Kalasin - One of them was in front of the Police Station.

Edited by chonabot

Lol.... no way man.

Why do some people have to try to pull the rug from under a nice post by trying to make out that Thailand is some sort of police state... He wasn't working... I suppose next time I am on the karaoke, I better check that nobody from immigration is around.

Luckily Thais are a bit more sensible and able to recognize the difference between someone having a jam by request in a bar and performing as a booked act.

Sheesh..... some farangs.

-

The requirement for a WP has nothing to do with earning a living, can be applied to any activity that someone may or may not be paid for. Volunteering, helping out at your local school, whatever. . .

Yes the odds are slim, but don't say it can't happen, every once in a while it certainly does:

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=3218