Problem With Kasikorn

I just made an international transfer from my Kasikorn account to my UK account. Unfortunately, I forgot the best advice you can give to anyone doing anything in Thailand and forgot to check and double check the job.

On returning home I found the Receipt for the transaction omitted the last two digits of the IBAN number. As a result I have no bank document confirming the instructions I gave the bank.

I rang the branch and they said that the computer system does not give them space to fit all the digits. That the branch passes the details to the International Remittance Department at HQ by telephone. Not by the IT system.

I said that I was not happy that I had no evidence for the instructions I gave the bank. They said that when the IRD makes international transfers and they find that the IBAN does not match the account name given by the payer, then they will not action the payment. I am not confident that this information is available to the IRD to cross check when they make an international payment.

I will follow this up with Kasikorn tomorrow to confirm the IRD has the correct IBAN.

I know I am being rather paranoid but the consequences of the payment going to the wrong account is a real concern.

I won't be using Kasikorn again.

K bank will treat you right. Never had a problem with them in 36 year except for one assistant manager in Krabi. I don't understand how she got the job other than nepotism. Even at the small little branches up north everything goes smoothly.

Hope things work out for you. I notice that some SWIFT codes are 8 characters, others are longer.

As long as you got the first 8 correct, should be fine. AA

I think swift codes are 8 letters and ABA codes are 9.

SWIFT code are either 8 or 11 letters. 3 letters are passed on for branches if I remember it correctly.

Example: The SWIFT code of Deutsche Bank in Thailand is DEUTTHBKGMO which is 11 letters. JP Morgan Chase is also 11 letters - CHASTHBXIBF. Kasikorn Bank in Thailand always had 11 letters (KASITHBKOMT).