huli

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thais on cm108 are asking why is this guy still walking around

They are asking where are the BIB

attachicon.gif333.jpg

Yeah, always funny how they manage some selective outrage.

They might inquire where the BIB is in relation to drunk driving... or fights (which they also showed on their site).

But no, a dude in admittedly inappropriate attire is worthy of 700 comments. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The Thais on cm108 are asking why is this guy still walking around

They are asking where are the BIB

attachicon.gif333.jpg

Yeah, always funny how they manage some selective outrage.

They might inquire where the BIB is in relation to drunk driving... or fights (which they also showed on their site).

But no, a dude in admittedly inappropriate attire is worthy of 700 comments. rolleyes.gif

The BiB get over to Wat Pha Phao awfully quick to break up fights between the Burmese gangs. Happens every year. But I think there is a special team of police waiting nearby in the event it happens.

WAs up in the Thapae area never saw any any misuse of the water pistols and the atmosphere was great with some decent sounds blasting out,not quite early koh pangghan but good none the less

Had to walk all the way back to Santitham again a respectful spash of water and non at all on many occasions

i can be the grumpiest ape on the planet and thats a disrespect to apes ,so i do apologise

surprised myself how much i enjoyed it

• Like 2

There is a thread on cm108 of farangs behaving poorly at Songkran. Unbelievable to see what some people are doing; including some guys wearing nothing more than a jock strap. Sorry I can't find it at the moment but it's there.

Maybe you put it outside to dry? laugh.png

LOL laugh.pngcheesy.gif

Just back from central

some seriously good music getting played from live and recorded music

.It aint quite a Glasgow crowd in terms of high energy,but good to see all ages out getting into the spirit of things

well done everyone

even the cops were dancing

• Like 1

During Songkran, I usually get up very early in the morning and do errands and stock up on food for the day. It really makes me POed when people start throwing money before about 9 AM. However, at about 7:30 AM today I was going down a deserted street on my bicycle and I could see two very young children up ahead laughing their heads off. They could not believe their luck to have found a big, fat farang coming their way so early in the day. I could have easily avoiding them by riding on the other side of the street, but I did not have the heart to disappoint them. I let them splash me and it made all three of us smile.

8292253967_da9b59f15b.jpg

I didn't picture you as fat, UG.

Busiest Songran I've experienced in the last 14 years. The moat was gridlocked on all 4 sides for much of the afternoon. The last time I remember this was many years ago.

OK a few farangs were knobs, but I also noticed the vast majority were having a great time and not being too obnoxious. I experienced a very positive afternoon.

3 days still to go.

• Like 1

Just back from central

some seriously good music getting played from live and recorded music

.It aint quite a Glasgow crowd in terms of high energy,but good to see all ages out getting into the spirit of things

well done everyone

even the cops were dancing

I was at central too....loved it.

Should I be expecting more water throwing tomorrow (monday) or the intensity drops substantially?

Same. All of the Songkran days are roughly the same (12-13-14-15). 13 could be the biggest one, with possible a slight dip as people recover a bit on the 14th, but we go out with a bang again on the 15th. But it varies, also sometimes depending on the weekday that any of the Songkran days happens to fall on.

I had a relatively mild one today as it was family day. Tomorrow early morning we do the temple thing, and then into town to party like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Interesting you should say that...I have lived here for 5 years,and everyone i speak to says it is the quietist songkran they have seen for a long time!!!!

Ok,granted KSK and TP Gate are rammed as per,but to get from chiang phuek to moon muang at 3pm only takes 5 mins on the back roads as opposed to 20 plus the last few years.Even the thais think it is pretty subdued...

Busiest Songran I've experienced in the last 14 years. The moat was gridlocked on all 4 sides for much of the afternoon. The last time I remember this was many years ago.

OK a few farangs were knobs, but I also noticed the vast majority were having a great time and not being too obnoxious. I experienced a very positive afternoon.

3 days still to go.

Thank you to those that posted photos, and especially to Dave2 for his balcony pictures showing the traffic. It reminds me of what I missed and miss about Thailand. Maybe next year I'll delay my trip home and partake in the fun.