Enforcement Of Thai Debts On My Way Out?

FunFon

Okay Card ...how did I know to expect such a well thought out response like you just gave?

So really, if I got raped in Thailand, I must have deserved it for putting myself out to be exploited? Or if I got mugged? Or if my ATM card was scanned and my bank account attacked?

You really don't have any idea what things I might be talking about, yet you are ready to assign blame, good job, you are a tough dude!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funfon , having just seen your post of a few days ago in the topic , giving bonuses to household staff ,

you say you give your servents 2 months bonus every years , but you cant pay your rent ,

some thing just does,nt add up , maybe its the bullxxxx ..............

If a crime is about to be committed, Then is it not a legal duty of TV to inform the police you have this man's details on file, And if you do not inform the police are you not then libel under the law

• Like 1

A Thai landlady that let you slide for 14 months on your rent?

Nice try, but I'm not biting on this fairy tale.

I too was wondering as he said he has not been actually in the house for some time but living on couches of family members and such. If he was gone already why go back for the JUNK he says he has in the house. Not much sense in a bunch of broken appliances and the no furniture making you go back to the house where all the neighbors know your landlord. He trying to yank someones chain here or what. Seems to have worked.

• Like 1

I know a lady married to a guy for 20 years and she's never paid rent!!! OK, maybe you can't marry this lady.

Yes, once you knew you could manipulate this lady, you did. you know you have to pay 7-11, so they come first. i'm sure for months you felt bad, so at least it wasn't fun as you took advantage of someone else. I hope, anyhow.

i'm sure you think you are too good to be homeless.

first, become a monk. repent. turn yourself in, do the right thing. go to the mercy of everyone. own up to your sins.

nah, forget that......call a friend with a credit card, max it out, pay her...then have him say his card was stolen.... LOL.

i'm also sure you are the same guy telling others how money is evil, westerners are bad, etc.....and then go and argue with someone who charged you 35 baht for a 30 baht meal.

A Thai landlady that let you slide for 14 months on your rent?

Nice try, but I'm not biting on this fairy tale.

I too was wondering as he said he has not been actually in the house for some time but living on couches of family members and such. If he was gone already why go back for the JUNK he says he has in the house. Not much sense in a bunch of broken appliances and the no furniture making you go back to the house where all the neighbors know your landlord. He trying to yank someones chain here or what. Seems to have worked.

He didn't say he hadn't been staying in the house ...he said he was ABOUT to start staying with family or friends, once he left the rental house.

OP you are a pathetic specimen, you owe 12 months rent and you are going to run away.

Landlady only has to call the police ,and they contact immigration ,then you are listed on the system as a bad debtor, stopped at the airport !!locked up!!

That is exactly what needs to happen to you, bet youve always got money for beer.

Man up ,pay up , people like you make it bad for other farangs.

Yeah, sometimes the s__t hits the fan. hit-the-fan.gif

So what! blink.png

Much more tragic happenings to rant about, as that a well off, as it was said, Landlord has to wait for her money!

I have to keep my mouth shut and must clench my fist in my pocket to keep my EX calm

and not to disturb the possibility I get some money back she borrowed (Signed contracts, 10 years)

and also embezzled from me (car). I need that money now very urgent! sad.png

=People like her, makes it bad for other Thais!=

• Like 1

Didn't you post recently about having servants etc? Some people have the need to paint a false picture of themselves. I thought of you as a rich expat type but now realize your not.

To have a servant in TH you do not need a lot of money. A day costs 6 Dollars? 5 days a week, a month, 130 Dollar.

What is the fuss if you need somebody to have time for some work or/and look for one! whistling.gif

-

at the time she was totally fixated on finding a rich farang

but she may just land a rich farang among family's connections

I can second that first ideas in some women brains, when money shortages with the "Old" Falang arise! tongue.png

hey man, i think it is commendable that you are sitting here answering all the questions

i just don't understand why you would have remained in Thailand for so long knowing you could have went home and improved your financial conditions

i think that is what frustrates a lot of people on here because they feel guys like yourself make them look bad, and they are partially right

i understand you had thai children but i think you are like one of many many who would rather live in Thailand irresponsibly than go back home and face the world ina repsonsible manner

i don't know what it is about Thailand that almost drugs people into this type of thinking. wether it is the girls, people kissing your ass or finally standing out because you are a farang in a foreign country

i am not making judgements on your financial situation other than try and understand your reasoning on staying in Thailand so long

This isn't a case of, some farang guy knocked over an old lady and stole her purse to pay for some drugs. Should be obvious I would think.

No it isn't--it may even be worse. Because it's about a betrayal of trust, not to mention a good deal of money. You seem to have an awful lot of sympathy for this guy. Maybe skipping rent is the standard MO in your world. It certainly isn't in mine...or other responsible adults. And it does make a difference that FF is a foreigner. The typical Thai can't just flee the country like certain farangs can (or thinks he can). This is why some landlords ask for obscene amounts of deposits from farangs, clearly necessary to avoid cases like this.

This isn't a case of, some farang guy knocked over an old lady and stole her purse to pay for some drugs. Should be obvious I would think.

No it isn't--it may even be worse. Because it's about a betrayal of trust, not to mention a good deal of money. You seem to have an awful lot of sympathy for this guy. Maybe skipping rent is the standard MO in your world. It certainly isn't in mine...or other responsible adults. And it does make a difference that FF is a foreigner. The typical Thai can't just flee the country like certain farangs can (or thinks he can). This is why some landlords ask for obscene amounts of deposits from farangs, clearly necessary to avoid cases like this.

this is worse but similar to when you have an expat who has made the choice to the "easier life" in Thailand than be back home working for a living

one that always makes me bristle is when some long time expat gets into and accident and then of course, doesn't have insurance as an adult and you have the inevitable thread on these forums from his friends begging for money to help out, always prefacing it by saying "no need for snarky comments"

sure where do i sign up to give the irresponsible adult money because he was too lazy or too insecure to be back home living a normal life!!

Are you JohnnyBangkok? Your story seems similar to some of the things he has written about.

close. But not him. Wwww.

Ok, game time.....

Lets play guess that double poster.

He answers his own threads, his writings the same, and he wears his sunglasses at night.

Guess who?

I'm way off...

I was thinking of a guy who was a prolific poster, lived in a log cabin outside Vancouver when not visiting Thailand and survived by fishing and hunting and posted a thousand pictures of him normally with young children and then just disappeared.

He did not wear his sunglasses at night though.

So.......

who?

Sometimes strong opinions like yours canb only be countered with examples. If I understand correctly, the landlady let this guy slide for months on end.

Analogy: let's say your boss doesn't pay you for a months work, he says "i'll get you next month, forgive me". Next month comes and you don't get paid, then the next month. Same thing. Sorry, but you are a moron if you just keep working without getting paid. It is the same thing here. Yes, we all agree he should pay her, that isn't in dispute. But you can't get blood out of a turnip.

What is in dispute is that people do need to take accountability for the stupidity of their actions. The employee is as much to blame in the above scenario as the employer. Same thing here, the landlady shares a lot of the blame in this as well.

Edited by isawasnake
  • Like 1

I am surprised that there are posters that share the same "flawed character" gene as FunFon.

Trying to somehow blame the Landlord, or saying that FF behavior is acceptable is reprehensible.

Life is fair...and he is about to find out just how fair it is. I hope it hurts.

• Like 1

Two days ago this poster was telling me in another thread how he bought his three daughters up so well putting so much time and effort into raising them,what a loser he cant even look after himself let alone his family.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If I was in debt in a foreign country with laws that can have me locked up in bad prison conditions and I had no real means of paying off the debt, I would leave in the night. I'd take the bare minimum and be gone.

Why would anyone in their right mind hang around waiting to spend quality time in a sh*t hole of a jail knowing full well they could be there for years?

Obviously I'd like to think I had the sense not to get into such debt in the first place, but things do happen. Maybe circumstances beyond our control.

I really do have a problem believing someone can be allowed to get a whole year or more behind with their rent. I feel the landlord and the renter are both to blame if such a circumstance arises. That is why I have worded this reply in this way.

• Like 2

This landlord can't stop you leaving Thailand. She doesn't have the power. Wouldn't happen, your conscious is getting to you. I hope you have the nuts to front up at her door and just tell her the story and what you plan to do about it. If you were my tenant, I wouldn't have let you stay that long. You should have sorted this out 11 months ago.

Funfon, would you have let a tenant stay a year rent free in your house?

Now to save you some face, get a mod to close this thread, go face your patient landlord, explain yourself to her and for your families sake, sort your mess out. I'm hoping next time we hear from you, it's all sorted ok. All the best.

-

Wow you guys have been busy while I've been away.

Came straight to this post via a PM heads-up so apologies haven't read the rest yet.

So I guess the difference with the gay couple thread referenced at the beginning of this one is that the landlord was unusually powerful having been a policeman?

If this is really the case, that she can't initiate a border stop, then I definitely would prefer to handle it by just being completely open with her once I've got my key stuff out of the house.

Of course if I'm ever a landlord I would hope I'd be paying better attention to my accounts. 8-)

I obviously have no concern about my "face" in this context, I'm personally happy to continue the thread, seems to be entertaining at least to some and keeping TV's hit rate up, and who knows I might find some other constructive posts amongst the chaff.