Traditional Medicine

Niki

Hi! I will be traveling to Thailand and would like to have the opportunity to learn more about traditional medical practices while there- and would be appreciative of any information regarding traditional medicine practitioners - preferably with as little interaction as possible with newer western methods. I presently know NOTHING about traditional thai medicine - and would be interested to hear how it is similar/different to chinese medicine.

Thanks in advance for any information or contacts

The traditional thai medicine does work, at least when in the hands of properly trained practitioners. Here are a couple of examples from my own family:

My wife suffers from arthritis, and after just two treatments she felt much better.

My mother-in-law is now 90 years old, and has various old-age problems, one being to high blood-pressure. This was effectively treated with herbs and other stuff.

The most impressive effect however, we saw with the diabetes which my sister-in-law has had for more than 30 years. Within a few months her daily dose of insulin was cut down to less than half, and she feels a lot better than before the treatment started.

Unfortunately, the treatments have now stopped. It turned out that the guy is doing more than just practitioning traditional thai medicine. He also has close connections with some powerful gangsters, so my wife and in-laws decided that it would be better to cut the connection with him. It really is a pity, because he is doing a fantastic job with the herbs.

great idea about the university - thanks! Yes, I am convinced that traditional medicine works! I've had experiences with other types (not Thai, though) myself. I hope your family members find another practitioner that can be of help to them.