Slow Internet

hellodolly

I have 3BBB for free and an AIS air stick for backup

The AIS works for approximately two minutes and then disconnects itself I then reconnect it and get another two or three minutes.

The 3BBB is so slow that while I was waiting Allah showed up and said kill the infidels. Being a peace loving man I passed on that.

Then Buddha showed up and told me to have peace, love and compassion in my heart. Well I am not far enough along on that path but I am working on it.

Then Jesus Christ showed up and after a bit said I haven't time for this crap and he left.

So I reach out to you my fellow posters is there some thing wrong with the internet today.

While I have had problems in the past with both this is the first time I have had problems at the same time. It started last night Sunday night April 14 2013.

I had problems for a few weeks until last week. TOT checked and, like the on line speed test, decided that I was getting what I paid for. Finally, I remembered that the problems started when I installed the latest Firefox update. I installed Chrome and all has been well since then.

The TOT speed seems to vary according to school hours. I have to accept that but it was really slow after the Firefox upgrade. One of my favourite websites was inaccessible.

I'd change to another supplier but they all seem to have problems in this area.

I'm getting what I paid for most of the time. Today it's testing about 8% below optimal. I have 3BB.

Do you use Baidu to clean up the drive and browser every once in a while.

My life got better when I started using that every day. I also manually clear the browser of everything once a month.

This could be crazy...but once my speed was faster facing west (no, i don't mean face west...but try computer at extreme places within your residence). sometimes good in the morning, and others good all-day for weeks. near chang puak gate better than near wat phra sing....ah, who knows. yea, kids love to game and likely download movies.....

good luck

• Like 1

I'm getting what I paid for most of the time. Today it's testing about 8% below optimal. I have 3BB.

Do you use Baidu to clean up the drive and browser every once in a while.

My life got better when I started using that every day. I also manually clear the browser of everything once a month.

My AIS is still hit and miss while the 3BBB is useless. I will wait until after the holidays and in the mean time complain at the front desk about the 3BBB. I have no idea of what you are talking about but I will try to get a friend to walk me through it.

AIS has told me that they are working on there equipment and in May they hope to have it all up and running with no problems..I wonder if it has some thing to do with install different things for the 3G.

My 3BB connect was slow on Monday morning but returned to normal by mid day.

I used to swear by my USB internet connection and have used it 'All Over' Thailand, as good as a land line.

A month ago the Telephone lines and Internet Connection caught fire outside my Condo.

I had not used my USB for over six months so went to Dtac to top up.

I requested B500 be credited to my Sim Card as in the past.

Young man told me I could have 1 month unlimited connection for approx B350.

I got 1 hr of normal quality service then the connection became very poor and would drop off after a few mins.

Investigation showed that I had used my 1 hour of high speed internet and now had a month's slow speed connection.

I now swear at my USB connection.

john

3BB line 10/0.5 now and I payed for 13/1. If someone from 3BB tries to adjust line 10Mbps+, CRC bits goes over 10000 less than a minute.

Also internet line comes up at 7am and then goes down at 5pm when 'technicians' leave home. I have log files all of that.

And every time same answer from customer service, tomorrow technician will come to fix problem. Sometimes they come, mostly not.

TOT are selling their ADS like some airlines are selling their tickets. They sell more than they have space on their planes, hoping for a number of no-shows.

This is why during weekends and school holidays they is a shortage in internet speed. If people stopped playing so much of those stupid computer games, things would improve.

Likely a combo of holidays and elephants (both types) squirting communications cables. Either way, best to avoid the cheapo packages (even if they are free) if you want to remain sane. I would rather commit harikari than suffer a contention ration of 17,000,000:1 or worse.

School holidays and a general overload of the system slows things down.

WWW has also been under DNS-attack by spammers and this has impacted on speeds in the last few weeks ... that plus CIA tapping Dolly's 'net ... :)

Let's not forget Thaksin's hogging of international bandwidth as he directs his minions ....

WWW has also been under DNS-attack by spammers and this has impacted on speeds in the last few weeks ... that plus CIA tapping Dolly's 'net ... smile.png

Let's not forget Thaksin's hogging of international bandwidth as he directs his minions ....

Dam you found me out.sad.png

Today my 3BBB is back to normal but AIS is still disconnecting all though not as bad as yesterday two to five minutes. Last time I was in to AIS to pay my monthly I took my stick with me and with out offending in any way I explained my problem and they took the stick and tried it on their own computer and after 20 minutes of that they came back to me and said that they were working on their equipment and it would be OK in May. I am looking for late May or June.

Who knows they might correlate it with the cheesy.gif June7 grand opening of the new Promenade Mall.whistling.gif

The last few weeks my TOT connection has been up and down mostly down, not looking forward

to the rainy season, as the last couple of times it has rained the line went dead,but it would be a

waste of time contacting TOT,as cannot repeat the problem until it rains again ,all they would say is

unplug your router for 10 mins, which means don't bother me, or how am I supposed to know what

your problem is !

I was thinking of changing to 3BBB ,but TOT has been working OK last week ,enough to stream

to my Tv, but that does not mean it will be OK tomorrow.

regards Worgeordie

TOT keeps selling more upgrades to customers and does not spend the more upgrading their system with more bandwidth

I pay for 10/1mb and have never received this speed, best is around 8.6 / 0.8

If I upgraded, i will be paying more for what I should have now

TOT has been a total disaster during this school holidays.

When everything works I can download at full speed 1MB/s (in the morning), but in the afternoon or, worse, in the evening, I have to reload pages constantly to access anything.

When it's that bad, the router diagnostics shows:

Testing ATM OAM F4 segment ping ...FAIL

and the ping to yahoo.com usually fails, well it's sort of random...

Edited by SymS

I had True technicians at my house today because the Internet speed has been very slow for the past 2-3 weeks for the first time I had it installed a year ago. They told me that since during the hot season there are many electrical outages the amplifier gets reset, thereby creating an imbalance in speed. They got up on the poles and played around, made some adjustments, and now my Internet is fast again...

My issues were solved.

My telephone wire was pulled and wrapped around power lines. So every evening street lights switched on my internet went down. And in a morning when streetlights were switched off my internet rise up. Magnetic field on power lines caused malfunction to uninsulated telephone wires. 3BB customer service didn't get that on a phone in 3 days so I went to shop and used some nordic negotiation methods. Less than one hour there was two 3BB groups at my house.

Telephone wire was lowered 1 meter under power lines all 150 meters. And blim, when street lights hit on, my internet line was still up.

Speed issues were solved by strengthen signal and re-checking inhouse telephone connectors.

WWW has also been under DNS-attack by spammers and this has impacted on speeds in the last few weeks ... that plus CIA tapping Dolly's 'net ... smile.png

AHA! so we blame the CIA?

I thought it might have been Thai Secret Service. ;-)