Petty, Jealous People

rene123

I see it as that he broke a rule in Golf. He wasn't disqualified, but if it had been any other player, then he would have been. If he played his Golf in the way it should be played, he would have withdrawn himself. I don't see his personal life as having anything to do with his play on the course.

What about the fourteen year old who received a one stroke penalty for slow play. That I thought was very harsh.

Why is it that you focused on Tiger's penalty and not even mentioned the other player. Maybe you are guilty of the reverse of what you are accusing other people of.

Oh dear ... sensitive one ... while your focusing on that - i'm off saving the universe LOL : ).

I know some people are fanatical about their sports - having been subjected to Rugby as a Religion while growing up.

Apart from that ... if any 'petty or jealous' people cross my path ... i yawn and do a little party when they are gone. (Inwardly fkn seething with hate and turning them into polystyrine if i could LOL :)))) ... begs the question ... how do you spell 'polystirine'??

Busy day ahead.

I despise jealous people. They're the most toxic people you can find. They don't understand that jealousy only feels bad for themselves not the subject of their jealousy. Of course, some are so filled with bad feelings that try to destroy it for others. What can I say, make an effort not to be around those kind of people.

• Like 1

I despise jealous people. They're the most toxic people you can find. They don't understand that jealousy only feels bad for themselves not the subject of their jealousy. Of course, some are so filled with bad feelings that try to destroy it for others. What can I say, make an effort not to be around those kind of people.

Does hate (despise) not achieve the same end ?

Does hate (despise) not achieve the same end ?

You are of course absolutely correct. I should be better at not letting what I perceive as injustices get me angry.

To be perfectly honest, I felt as if your intentions with this thread were OK. But when you began describing what you meant you totally screwed up, and then it got progressively worse from there...

In your post you lash out towards people with an opinion and call them hypocrites. In addition, you take a swing at a couple of golf fans for having nothing but an opinion. Why is it that someone with an opinion is "jealous" or a "hypocrite"...??

There's nothing wrong with letting someone know ones opinion, but just because one doesn't share someone else's doesn't give one the right to condemn and use derogatory comments.

At least that's MY opinion.

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 2

I really do not see the point in using Tiger Woods as an objective in your post and feel it would have been much better without referring to him.

Yes, there are those who have tried and failed here. They have lost everything and one I know lives on a small pension after losing house, family and everything both in his home country and here. He is very bitter and twisted as are some posters. The man in question is derided by others because he is always so grumpy and miserable. Yet he made his own bed and made his own mistakes.

We can learn from these people if we listen to their stories, but we do not need it continually ramming down our throats either in person or on a forum to the point where we no longer want to hear it.

• Like 1

I really do not see the point in using Tiger Woods as an objective in your post and feel it would have been much better without referring to him.

Yes, there are those who have tried and failed here. They have lost everything and one I know lives on a small pension after losing house, family and everything both in his home country and here. He is very bitter and twisted as are some posters. The man in question is derided by others because he is always so grumpy and miserable. Yet he made his own bed and made his own mistakes.

We can learn from these people if we listen to their stories, but we do not need it continually ramming down our throats either in person or on a forum to the point where we no longer want to hear it.

Most of us who come to Thailand with expectations of being the 1 who can change the format of life, in arrive with what we think at the time to be large sums of money and stay with ideas of being able to generate an affordable income in some way to sustain a lifestyle that you would struggle to achieve with a good paying job in the western world, i arrived in Thailand 9 years ago at the grand old age of 35, a bank account full of money and a head full of good ideas, not too long after the reality that the ideas couldn't possibly work and had been tried many many times before so the bank balance soon took a pounding into submission, so 4 years later 2 choices were the option, tighten my belt to the point i couldn't breathe and live a life of misery and bitterness to any person with more than i had, or start again move away for a while re-build and return with a long term plan and less big ideas. The latter has worked extremely well for me, some excellent investment advice at the right time and with some good fortune along the way. Jealousy and bitterness are a choice not a pre-requisite of life.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
  • Like 1

-

Maybe because he's a great example of the degree of success that has to be achieved in the west in order to get away with being a sexual deviant (Woody Allen being another), while here it can be achieved on a dole-bludger's pittance.

I see it as that he broke a rule in Golf. He wasn't disqualified, but if it had been any other player, then he would have been. If he played his Golf in the way it should be played, he would have withdrawn himself. I don't see his personal life as having anything to do with his play on the course.

What about the fourteen year old who received a one stroke penalty for slow play. That I thought was very harsh.

Why is it that you focused on Tiger's penalty and not even mentioned the other player. Maybe you are guilty of the reverse of what you are accusing other people of.

Maybe the Tiger Woods story is a bad example, but it was one that just came to mind from a few personal experiences with some married men I know who were hitting on me, and yet were knocking Tiger when he was having his affairs while married. These same men were making similar comments about Tiger's moral character in not withdrawing from the Masters. That just tells me they are jealous hypocrites.

And, I see it all the time with bickering on this forum. It's okay to have polarized viewpoints. That is what debate is all about. But, a debate and making disparaging comments about the other person's character is an entirely different point. I know a gentleman who took a lot of abuse here for no other reason than he was honest and enjoyed life. I've seen several good debates closed by moderators for no other reason than petty jealousy between two different posters. One guy enjoys life and the other guy knocks him because of it.

I dislike hypocrites, and given that they would do exactly the same thing if given the same circumstance, they choose to slag someone else for doing it. The examples here are countless. There are dozens of posters on this forum who knock what goes on in Pattaya, but they once sampled it prior to getting married. And, now that they are married and can no longer get away from so called "married bliss" they choose to make nasty comments about those who enjoy the Pattaya night scene. To me that is just plain jeolousy.

You couldn't pay me to be a moderator on this forum. Some characters here just want to disrupt everything because of their own bitter choices in life, and that makes moderating them difficult... if not impossible. But, even the moderators can get it wrong and penalize the wrong people.

• Like 1

-

Maybe because he's a great example of the degree of success that has to be achieved in the west in order to get away with being a sexual deviant (Woody Allen being another), while here it can be achieved on a dole-bludger's pittance.

Please, keep your quaint and archaic opinions on what constitutes deviance to yourself. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy appetite.

SC

• Like 1

Please, keep your quaint and archaic opinions on what constitutes deviance to yourself. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy appetite.

SC

-

Wow, you know who you're talking to here?

I'm the original mr laissez-faire himself, you can cornhole soi dogs for all I care as long as you feed them afterwards.

Maybe I should have said "what mainstream society chooses to call deviant behaviour" to clarify that's what I meant.

• Like 1

-

SC

I am ignoring poster # 2 in this quote for the record.

@ Pattayadingo. Rene made a good point in the OP. It's all about being happy for the succes of others instead of being jealous.

Using Tiger Woods as an example here was very clever IMO. An extreme case and target of many jealous people.

Edited by Dancealot

Maybe the Tiger Woods story is a bad example, but it was one that just came to mind from a few personal experiences with some married men I know who were hitting on me, and yet were knocking Tiger when he was having his affairs while married. These same men were making similar comments about Tiger's moral character in not withdrawing from the Masters. That just tells me they are jealous hypocrites.

And, I see it all the time with bickering on this forum. It's okay to have polarized viewpoints. That is what debate is all about. But, a debate and making disparaging comments about the other person's character is an entirely different point. I know a gentleman who took a lot of abuse here for no other reason than he was honest and enjoyed life. I've seen several good debates closed by moderators for no other reason than petty jealousy between two different posters. One guy enjoys life and the other guy knocks him because of it.

I dislike hypocrites, and given that they would do exactly the same thing if given the same circumstance, they choose to slag someone else for doing it. The examples here are countless. There are dozens of posters on this forum who knock what goes on in Pattaya, but they once sampled it prior to getting married. And, now that they are married and can no longer get away from so called "married bliss" they choose to make nasty comments about those who enjoy the Pattaya night scene. To me that is just plain jeolousy.

You couldn't pay me to be a moderator on this forum. Some characters here just want to disrupt everything because of their own bitter choices in life, and that makes moderating them difficult... if not impossible. But, even the moderators can get it wrong and penalize the wrong people.

To be honest, men may talk about differently about Tiger's moral character to women (I assume you're a woman as you claim to have married men hitting on you) then they do when they

discuss it with other men. It's been my experience that when discussing Tiger's indiscretions, the old wink-wink-nudge-nudge is much more common than moral outrage.

As far as people on the board and I understand this may be difficult to believe, but many of the people posting here are not always 100% truthful, and some occasionally play "fast and loose" with the facts.

As far as people on the board and I understand this may be difficult to believe, but many of the people posting here are not always 100% truthful, and some occasionally play "fast and loose" with the facts.

I'm appalled; my faith is shaken. Do you really mean that? Surely not...

I'm appalled; my faith is shaken. Do you really mean that? Surely not...

Gambling? At Rick's?!

-

You'll have a problem convincing most reading here having a plethora of nubile things is a deviancy.

You'll have no problem convincing the other half of the population that it is so.

To be honest, men may talk about differently about Tiger's moral character to women (I assume you're a woman as you claim to have married men hitting on you) then they do when they discuss it with other men. It's been my experience that when discussing Tiger's indiscretions, the old wink-wink-nudge-nudge is much more common than moral outrage.

-

By my lights it's more like pity for the skanky old bags he had to resort to, not much reward for all those hours of practice chasing a little white ball around. . .

To be honest, men may talk about differently about Tiger's moral character to women (I assume you're a woman as you claim to have married men hitting on you) then they do when they discuss it with other men. It's been my experience that when discussing Tiger's indiscretions, the old wink-wink-nudge-nudge is much more common than moral outrage.

-

By my lights it's more like pity for the skanky old bags he had to resort to, not much reward for all those hours of practice chasing a little white ball around. . .

Funfun, please.....coffee1.gif