How Do I Pay My Electric For Condo In Bkk? Has Been Cut.

I am not in the country but will be coming in 2 weeks to stay in my condo (metro park). The elec. has been cut for some time and we aren't near Bkk so i am hoping we can call and make payment from another city. Does anyone have an idea so I can explain what to do to my wife.I donot have a bill or number for the company and don't really know if Bkk has multiple elec. companies or just one.

If I could call and arrange payment to have service turned on would be a big help as well as any #'s or directions.

Thanks

Jim

I think you are out of luck. If you don't pay your electric bill in Thailand within 7 days you can no longer pay the bill at 7-11 or other pay points and must go to the electric office that covers the area where your service is located

In the future I would suggest auto debit from a Thai Bank account and late bills will no longer be a problem. The minimum monthly fee is a small price to pay to have electricity when you want it. Not to mention the reconnect fee if you don't pay your bill within the proscribed period

Just set up an automatic debit from your bank account to pay all your utility bills. Never a worry (so long as you have money in your account).

That won't work because his electricity has already been cut off.

I realize that. But that is the way it SHOULD have been handled from the getgo. Especially if he was not planning to be here full time.

And that is what he SHOULD do as soon as he returns and gets things sorted out.

Just set up an automatic debit from your bank account to pay all your utility bills. Never a worry (so long as you have money in your account).

That won't work because his electricity has already been cut off.

I realize that. But that is the way it SHOULD have been handled from the getgo. Especially if he was not planning to be here full time.

And that is what he SHOULD do as soon as he returns and gets things sorted out.

I agree. But that's not what he was asking. He was asking for specific advice on his current situation.

I have never had to pay a reconnect fee. My power has been cut twice when the girlfriend forgot to pay the bill. During normal hours, it was a simple process of going to any of the MEA offices and paying the bill. They would then contact whatever office you reside in and send someone out to reconnect it. When it happened after hours, we had been away for a while. We had to call the MEA. From the On Nut area of Bangkok, we had to go to the Klong Tan office. After hours, we were sent to the area where the technicians hang out. We paid them. They couldn't provide a receipt, but they did mail one later. They sent out a technician, and the power was on before we got home. We stopped off for dinner going home.

On both of these occasions, we were not subjected to any reconnection fee at all. If you are late and pay beyond the date mentioned on the second notice, there is a 40 baht charge if I remember correctly. That is a late fee. Both times we were cut, we were not even charged the late fee.

They technicians at Klong Tan servicing my home now know that if the car isn't there for an extended period of time, but the motorbike is ... I am probably out of town. They have agreed they won't cut it again in such a case.

Thanks for the replies. I will first try the office then go from there. In the past, I had set up an account specifically for elec. but the wife didn't see the importance of maintaining a balance, I guess. Anyway, I'm hoping everything is back to normal from the new year by the 29th when i come.

Happy New years!

.......They technicians at Klong Tan servicing my home now know that if the car isn't there for an extended period of time, but the motorbike is ... I am probably out of town. They have agreed they won't cut it again in such a case.

Had to smile at this.

• Like 1