Yikes! What Visa Application Should I Make?

Hi,

I need some guidance. I am from the UK and married to a Thai. I wish to obtain a Non-immigrant O visa to enable me to stay with my family for 3 months.

Do I simply have to complete an Application for a visa form TM.87? I previously had a marriage visa which expired and was given a 2 month extention until 22/04/2013.Initially I thought the aforesaid was merely a 2 month Tourist visa, but I notice there is no reference to this on the stamp in my passport.

If I am correct in my above assumption what documents will I have to produce on my application?

You are in Thailand and have obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife so you would have to depart to a Consulate with marriage certificate, copy of her ID card and home register and use there application form for a single entry non immigrant O visa and return using that for a 90 day stay. You can not obtain from immigration unless in the process of one year extension of stay (which does not seem to be your intent). If you do then it will also require presentation of financials for that of 400k/40k and wife presence and then during last 30 days another trip for extension followed by another trip 30 days later for stamp. It you want a multi entry non immigrant O visa visit Savannakhet with the above listed marriage/copy wife id and home register to obtain (other Consulates are not likely to issue).

It seems you originally you had a non immigrant O visa based upon marriage you got from an embassy or consulate. You then extended that 90 day entry by 60 days.

You could try to get everything together required to get the one year extension of stay of you current 60 day extension. You would have to have 40K baht income proven by letter from your embassy or 400K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days.

Thanks for your guidance. My aim is to obtain a 90 day single entry and then apply for a Non immigrant B visa at a later date if I find a teaching Job. Hopefully this should be viable!

Edited by lopburi3
correct font

Most people prefer to extend for reason of marriage rather than employment as in case of employment ending the permission to stay also immediately ends. A work permit can normally be issued for either type of extension.