Thai Chefs Take Home 11 Gold Medals From Australian Cooking Tournament In Perth

webfact

Thai chefs take home 11 gold medals from Australian cooking tournament in Perth

Perth, 18 April 2013 (NNT) – Twenty-one chefs from Thailand who took part in the Australia Culinary Federation 2013 tournament in Perth, Australia, have managed to take home 11 gold medals.

Thailand Culinary Academy team manager, Chef Prachan Wong-Uthaipan (ประชัน วงศ์อุทัยพันธ์), who led the 21 professional and amateur chefs to compete in the cook-off, said the team entered a total of 17 categories including main dish, dessert, cake, and chocolate carving. Thailand also grabbed 9 silvers and 3 bronzes.

Chef Prachan stated that the competition was a major and prestigious event taken part by chefs from around the world. One big challenge to the Thai team was that the menus involved in the tournament were mainly European cuisine while the Thai team had to mix the Thai and Asian flavors into them. He said however that another major obstacle was insufficient funding despite the fact that the team had many sponsors.

He urged the government to pay more attention to activities like this one, giving opportunities for capable Thai chefs to shine in the international scenes.

He also quoted Chef Willment Leon, the founder of Thailand Culinary Academy, as saying that he wanted to create a new generation of Thai chefs who can gain place in the global level. He is confident that Thai chefs have great potentials and will be able to prosper when the ASEAN Community comes in 2015, adding what they need is greater support from the government.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-04-19 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Well done Thai Chefs, although on ThaiVisa the accomplishment will bring about a heap of scorn and venomous snipes.

+1

this place is full of internet experts! The Thai Culainary association is run quite well & they have some great talent

• Like 1

As a native Englishman who has lived abroad in Australia, the US, and Dubai, and eaten in many top eateries there, mostly on the company payroll - it pains me somewhat to say it, but the food in Australia is actually very good.

If you are simply stirring up the Aussies I understand, otherwise you should visit the place and see for your self.

Well done the Thai chefs!

• Like 2

The Thai chef said it was a major and prestigious competition. Well, it got no mention on TV, radio or newspaper that I have heard. I live in Perth and I asked a Thai restaurant owner friend about it and she had never heard of it. We dont even know where the venue was.

Well done Thai Chefs, although on ThaiVisa the accomplishment will bring about a heap of scorn and venomous snipes.

Of course. It helps detract from their own sub-standard pitiful existences where in their own mind they can imagine that there's somebody more worthless than themselves.

It's quite amusing that the more vocal of "all things Thai" detractors I've met aren't usually the most shining examples of western civilization One guy who informed me that "Thais stink" had such rancid BO and halitosis himself he could have caused cows to miscarry.

• Like 2

As a native Englishman who has lived abroad in Australia, the US, and Dubai, and eaten in many top eateries there, mostly on the company payroll - it pains me somewhat to say it, but the food in Australia is actually very good.

If you are simply stirring up the Aussies I understand, otherwise you should visit the place and see for your self.

Well said Gassit. I do understand how hard it was for you to state that. I would have been at pain if I had to say it about England

• Like 2

Well said Gassit. I do understand how hard it was for you to state that. I would have been at pain if I had to say it about England

Ah. But we have Ramsay for xxxxx sake. What a prize he is.

Edited by metisdead

the restaurants in Melbourne of some of the best in Australia and Sydney has many restaurants with one or two hats ... well done the thai,s for their great cooking.