Do I Detect A Pattern Here?

TBWG

Hi

Last week an alleged Greek bank robber arrested in Pattaya

This week a Swedish murder suspect and an African drug dealer arrested in Bangkok.

Do you know of any others? Are the authorities targeting undesirables?

Should I be worried about my unpaid parking fines in the UK :o

TBWG :D

The question does seem a bit silly. Who do the authorities usually arrest where your from?

Murder suspects, drug dealers, and bank robbers are not what most people would call "quality citizens".

But if these people seem normal to you then perhaps you should worry a bit as your life might possibly come under scrunity from the Thai authorities as well.

The question does seem a bit silly. Who do the authorities usually arrest where your from?

Murder suspects, drug dealers, and bank robbers are not what most people would call "quality citizens".

But if these people seem normal to you then perhaps you should worry a bit as your life might possibly come under scrunity from the Thai authorities as well.

Hi Richard10356

I certainly did not call the above quality citizens. It just seemed to me that they are high value targets that have probaly been apprehended with international assistance/information, rather than the normal visa runner types the Thai police tend to pursue.

Thailand is certainly a better place without them. As to my own circumstances, I can sleep easy knowing that I have lived a reasonably law abiding existance :o

TBWG

I often wondered if Thailand was a country where you could be 'untouchable' if wanted for a crime in your home country. By the looks of this thread thats not the case.

Ive got a vague idea some south american countries are a safe hiding spot?

or, if the crime in your country - say UK - is serious enough, can you be caught anywhere?

no ulterior motive here, just wondering. :o

I often wondered if Thailand was a country where you could be 'untouchable' if wanted for a crime in your home country. By the looks of this thread thats not the case.

or, if the crime in your country - say UK - is serious enough, can you be caught anywhere?

Used to be costa del sol,or costa del crime as it was nick named..Not anymore though..Britain and spain signed an extradition treaty back in 2001.

Before that,there was brazil(ronnie biggs' home for decades)..They put pen to a 1995 agreement..

So you can rule that one out now..

Its also worth remebering that Interpol (International Criminal Police Organization) has 184 member countries(pattaya has its own interpoll station)..But dont worry,there are still hiding places to be had,for wanted, UK villans

Northern cyprus for starters.Its well known in the london underworld that this is the new costa del sol..Northern Cyprus is not recognised as a country by the UK so there is no extradition treaty in place!!!

If you don't mind the long haul flight,why not try columbia??

The last time I looked,these slippery greasers weren't keen on doing buisness with any goverment over extradition...look at all the fuss over those 3 IRA members a few years back..

Even if the country your in does have an extradition treaty with the country your fleeing,it can sometimes be a very lengthy process.

On the other hand,thailand,would it seems process you very quickly and have you safe and securely locked up in your neck of the woods, within a matter of weeks.I'm not sure why they seem to be so efficient in this area,and completly laspe in all other judicial circumstances??Maybe they get a bonus?

Who knows..

Im sure that villians on the run who have any savvy,don't run away to pattaya/thailand!!

Only the stupid ones seem to do this..

Edited by lovethailandlongtime

Great to hear when these guys get caught. I'm sure there are a lot more out there. I hope the Thai police get off their butts and really hunt these people down all across the country. No doubt some are hiding in places outside of Pattaya as well.

Cheers to the Thai police for getting with it.

Northern cyprus for starters.Its well known in the london underworld that this is the new costa del sol..Northern Cyprus is not recognised as a country by the UK so there is no extradition treaty in place!!!

Columbia? :D probably safer at home in the nick. :o

i think ill go for northern cyprus if the need ever arises!!! :D

thanks for the reply btw. :D

Columbia? :D probably safer at home in the nick. :o

i think ill go for northern cyprus if the need ever arises!!! :D

thanks for the reply btw. :D

Colombia regularily sends criminals back to the US, and I think greasers is a pretty derogative term for its citizens. I will say Colombia has some of the worst people that walk this planet, but also has some of the kindest folk that you could ever meet.. People that I call my family, though not by blood

Are the authorities targeting undesirables?

Believe so, from PattayaMail "...uncovered during a spot inspection on the backgrounds of tourists in Pattaya and the surrounding areas, led by superintendent of Pattaya Immigration Police Pol Col Ittipol Ittisanronachai and his deputy Pol Lt Maj Bitti Nittinantsaete acting under the instructions of Immigration commander Pol Lt Gen Suwat Damrongsrisakul. Officers were specifically looking for those who were in hiding after committing crimes in their own country."

Try Cambodia. :D

Should I be worried about my unpaid parking fines in the UK?

No, They only go after people who commit serious crimes. The only reason they were arrested is because the countries where these people were wanted informed the Thai Police.

I think OP was being sarcastic mate!! :D:o