Gold Price Downward Trend To Continue

GOLD
Gold price downward trend to continue

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Local gold prices may fall further to as low as Bt15,700 per baht weight this year, said the CEO of Classic Gold Futures.

Nuttatee Jutavarakul said that gold prices will continue the downward trend for some time. She noted that if global prices fall below the psychological level of US$1,300 an ounce, local prices could fall further.

"It will take at least 1-2 years before gold prices could return to $1,700-$1,900 an ounce," she said.

She noted that gold prices could rise immediately if tensions in the Korean peninsula intensify, as that would send a negative impact on the Chinese and Japanese economies. Still, the chance is slim, for now, she added.

Baht appreciation is also attributable to a drop in local gold prices.

She said that every Bt1 increase in Thai baht against US dollar, domestic gold prices will fall by Bt800.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-22

Go for a walk around the gold shops and you will notice 2 things. 1) It's quite busy and 2) Nearly everyone is buying.

If this trend continues the gold shops will be sold out and they will not want to restock if the market is 'buyers only'.

• Like 1

GOLD

The Nation

Nuttatee Jutavarakul said:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

and finished by saying

blah blah blah blah blah blah

I wish the gold price was cheap when i was going out with my previous periah, every time we went out she would get me to buy her gold, and i did but ever time i returned to her she had sold the gold and asked me to buy her more, that stopped there and then so i hope other guys don't spend so much on their girlfriends like i have, how about the sinsot dowry at the wedding, some mothers want half baht of gold,, it's all about the money, i hope gold crashes to the price of sand,,,,

full marks for honesty - "every time we went out she would get me to buy her gold" - ouch!! Hope the "relationship" didn't last long. But yeah, sure sign of a terrible relationship in the making if the girl asks for gold all the time. Hate to say this, but chances are she gambled it away. That's mine and many peoples' experience of where "Thai gf gold" ends up. Might as well flush your cash down the toilet as give gold to Thai girls. Most of it is in the pawn shop within a week, never to be returned.

• Like 1

I seldom, if ever, make predictions om Markets and Currencies but on this occasion I am prepared to stick my neck out and join the experts with regards to Gold. If Gold does not stay at the same price I am prepared to state that it will either go up or go down! Please note I cannot be held responsible for any losses, only gains, if you buy or sell on my advice.

• Like 2

If anyone knew the future they wouldn't need to work would they.

Soros got out of gold 4 weeks ago in a big way. So I guess the Thai's will blame him again same as when the baht went west in 1998.

Where did it say he did that? He had gotten out once before, but then got back in. Perhaps he is just trading the trend. However, Jim Rogers who used to work with Soros is still in gold, and only plans to buy more as it goes down. That's the smart thing to do.

Gold is such a mess of units that it is tricky to track rates and trends in different markets around the world. There also has to be some account taken of the need to buy and sell in the same market. Thai gold isn't worth much in UK for example, and vice-versa. Looking at the numbers quoted and taking these considerations into account it's probably not a fantastic return on investment for the normal guy with X0,000Baht to invest. You're probably better off in the vietnam banks these days and pick up your interest every month instead of waiting with bated breath for the value of gold to rise enough for you to be able to sell at a decent return - meanwhile living on fresh air,,,,,, w00t.gif

It should still be a solid investment over long term.....When the Printing presses are at full speed 24-7 why would anyone want Paper for an investment?

Because that's what shops accept. Have you tried shopping at Tesco's with a bar of gold?

It should still be a solid investment over long term.....When the Printing presses are at full speed 24-7 why would anyone want Paper for an investment?

Because that's what shops accept. Have you tried shopping at Tesco's with a bar of gold?

How about a wafer then ?smile.png

http://martinbinders.tumblr.com/post/38955855579/snap-off-1-gram-gold-wafers-could-this-be-the-future

Utter BS being manipulated by Wall Street. Note - no bankers have sold off gold and note - none of the idiots who are causing the sale are yet selling - they are deliberately pushing price down through manipulating the media. Gold is stable - unlike the govt's who are pushing this crap. At the end of the day - gold will rise as the fiat paper currencies fail. They are just trying to be able to buy back - by printing paper - at lower prices to offset their huge losses.

• Like 1

Utter BS being manipulated by Wall Street. Note - no bankers have sold off gold and note - none of the idiots who are causing the sale are yet selling - they are deliberately pushing price down through manipulating the media. Gold is stable - unlike the govt's who are pushing this crap. At the end of the day - gold will rise as the fiat paper currencies fail. They are just trying to be able to buy back - by printing paper - at lower prices to offset their huge losses.

More junk from the gold bug websites in turmoil.

Tesco Lotus? Sure Can shop there with a bar of Gold..Just walk to the Gold shop inside and take your Paper money..Pay and leave...

I Did say Investment..Not daily shopping expense...

If Gold Had No Value then Why do all Major Banks Hold it in Reserve? In the 30s Gold became Illegal to posses in the USA...Nearly all Coins were melted down into Bars and held in Bank Reserves..

Every Country does this..Must Be worth something if all Major Banks do this in the World..

No-one wants paper for an investment but it.....or at least it's digital equivalent......is the most cheap and useful form of currency with which to buy and sell investments and other things.

The need is for a proper system of regulation so that paper problems don't occur, and it's not rocket science, it's political will.

BTW those who complain about printing presses need look no further than the Eurozone to see the mess that can occur when you don't have the resort of printing money in an emergency option.

Printing money is after all merely a form of taxation, and a moderately fair one.

Every Country does this..Must Be worth something if all Major Banks do this in the World..

They do it because it is international and historically it could be used to pay debt in foreign lands.

This is no longer necessary.

Edited by cheeryble

Gold is stable

Stable?

Are you out of your mind?

524222-13308238087273211-John-Tobey_orig

Probably - but look at when it started to spike. All due to the US and the Gold Standard issues. The spikes were manipulated and over my life time it has steadily risen from $300 an ounce to present day - it, like silver, is liquid - unlike investment in say real estate, can be cashed out in minutes, and always has a demand. I think I'll stay out of my mind, it's more fun.

GOLD

The Nation

Nuttatee Jutavarakul said:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

and finished by saying

blah blah blah blah blah blah

I wish the gold price was cheap when i was going out with my previous periah, every time we went out she would get me to buy her gold, and i did but ever time i returned to her she had sold the gold and asked me to buy her more, that stopped there and then so i hope other guys don't spend so much on their girlfriends like i have, how about the sinsot dowry at the wedding, some mothers want half baht of gold,, it's all about the money, i hope gold crashes to the price of sand,,,,

Yes my ex Thai wife pawned the wedding ring for 2,000 Baht. I paid 15,000 for it. Married one month, She could have asked me for 2,000Baht and then the threatening messages

demanding money for the divorce. Some of you may remember my situation in Korat at that time.

Gold is stable

Stable?

Probably - but look at when it started to spike. All due to the US and the Gold Standard issues. The spikes were manipulated and over my life time it has steadily risen from $300 an ounce to present day - it, like silver, is liquid - unlike investment in say real estate, can be cashed out in minutes, and always has a demand. I think I'll stay out of my mind, it's more fun.

I paid $250 an ounce 40 years ago here in T'land.

Gold is stable

Stable?

over my life time it has steadily risen from $300 an ounce to present day
I suppose you could try to argue that if you were born in 2005, which would make you what? 8? Which might explain the quality of your contributions......

"Nuttatee Jutavarakul said that gold prices will continue the downward trend for some time."

"She noted that gold prices could rise immediately ..."

Well she has one of the main attributes of big league analysts: the ability to cover all eventualities ahead of time so that she can selectively quote herself when saying " I told you so."

one day she may get it right, when ALL other options are exhaused.

Not one of you have stated or said anything about Thai gold NOT being 99.9 % pure.

Thai gold is 97.4% pure, so why do they trade at the 99.9% price. Easy MONEY MONEY don't buy gold in Thailand you suckers.

Now this is going to be interesting I wait for all the "CRAP" that most of you seem to be good at!!!!!

Have a happy money losing days everyone!!!!