Vpn In Thailand. Reviews ?

aalek85th

Recently, I started using VPN due to some geo blocking (can't see some yt videos or watch some american tv programming) and censorship.

Got tired of that "blocked by ministry of information" message on .. _some_ sites.

Anyway.. friend recommended me http://fivestarvpn.com because according to him, they have a really fast server in Singapore, which has good connectivity with Thailand, and since I'm in BKK .. that was fine with me (In cases I want to look some American sites, I use their american server.. which is a lot slower then Singapore one, but it's on the other side of the world so it's understandable).

Do you guys use VPN and do you have any experiences with these sort of things, and maybe some of you could write your own experiences ?

Here are my results for fivestarvpn (lazy to attach speedtest images):

Average ping to singapore server: 60ms

Average download speed from singapore: 5 Mbps (I have 3bb, 6 mbps adsl package)

Average upload speed to singapore server: 0.5 Mbps

But what's more important, youtube and everything else works nicely, so the monthly price of USD $6, feels justified.

Edited by aalek85th

How can one be sure that they're not buying a service from some shady cyber-criminals?

...After all, a VPN means that all your traffic goes through a single computer, so the possibility of snooping by the VPN operators should be considered.

How can one be sure that they're not buying a service from some shady cyber-criminals?

...After all, a VPN means that all your traffic goes through a single computer, so the possibility of snooping by the VPN operators should be considered.

Well, you can't really be sure in anything these days unless you do everything by yourself... although in my experience, simplest explanation is usually the right one.

I mean... all of the companies do business not 'for the people' but for the profit and 'business' itself, yeah ? So it's reasonable to think that all of these VPN companies for example are there to make money selling their service, not sniffing out peoples facebook accounts, although I agree, one should be careful with who he does business, which is exactly the reason I started this topic.

Proxies and VPN are under the Computer-Related Crime Act

Article 11: Those who send data or electronic mails to others without revealing their identity, or by posing as someone else, in an act that disrupts the others' normal computer use: subject to a Bt100,000 fine.

Some ppl got busted for usage of VPN and Proxies in the past.

I'm surprised the moderator didn't lock the posts yet. Please read: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/334588-proxies-vpn-and-other-information/

If you're in a country and can't accept the laws better go back in yourtongue.png