Bank Wire Transfers From Thailand To Usa.

Hi Guys!

I have a question about bank wire transfers from Thailand to USA.

How long should it take to get to US bank?

I was promised a refund from a travel agency in Phuket and they said the only way they could refund is a wire transfer (I paid with CC but was told that they have a glitch in their system, so not able to refund back to my CC).

Anyway, I received an email from them with a wire transfer receipt attached, dated 17 April. They used the DBS Bank Thailand.

But it has not shown in my US bank account yet.

I've double-checked SWIFT code, Acct number and addresss and everything is correct.

It seems like 5 days is way too long for this transfer to take place.

If anyone knows the right answer, please help.

It is not much, only 2300 USD, but I sure would like to have it back in my account.

Thanks for the help.

I do an annual transfer from Bangkok Bank to my US bank and it takes 5-7 business days.

A transfer from BBL to a money center bank in the US can be achieved in the same day. I often send funds from BBL to SCHWAB (account is actually at PNC) and it is in the US account soon after the business day opens in the USA.

5-7 days means that an intermediary bank is involved which explains the delays.

Thanks for the input guys!

My Bank in US is Bank of America, I don't think they have to use intermediary bank to wire transfers.

Correct, BofA is one of our Correspondents, so you should get your funds same day. In fact BofA is where they hired me from :-)

can't help with the specifics, but use a credit card here and the agents generally charge 3%, the banks charge them about 1.5%. Using a credit card has benefits, you can call your credit card company and query the transaction, they will launch an investigation and refuse/suspend payment to the agent. Once the issue is resolved they will refund you (if you are in the right) or bill you

Good luck