Burning Cd's

mussen

Hi, all. I have a problem when burning CD's. I can't seem to successfully burn an audio CD to a CD-R disc.

I can however burn data successfully to a CD-R, I can also burn audio to a CD-R/W disc.

I've tried burning at a slower rate, and with a different program with no success. Any suggestions? Or do I need to

just change brands?

I think some software may have problems with certain brands of cd , there are so many out there.

The fact that you can write audio to CD-RW may point to the brand of CD, unless the CD-RW and CD-r are the same brand!

Have you tried the slower speed that the program suggests ?

What speed do the CD-R's support ?

I use NERO 7 , so far no problems ( touches wood..... :o )

Edited by chonabot

dude - if these are mp3s from the 'internetS' you have to burn as data. it wont matter unless you wantto play them in some players and if you burn the correct files/dirs it still wont matter.

i think the issue is with the naming conventions of the files - mp3s have loads of clutter and characters that are not allowed in proper file names # > / ~ + = etc... also the names may be too long. i dont know why they do this. i have to clean up 99% of my downloads and burn mp3s as data.

as noted can also be: software, buffer issue (but this would affect all burns), other hardware.

i would burn as data and see what you get. if you are not happy - try to understand the sw more and tweaking it out.

it could be the discs but everyone burns princo crap discs and some are coasters but they do burn fine, i dont think its disc. but you can go buy a quality one for b30 and elim that variable ez enuff.

Edited by h5n1

I can't seem to successfully burn an audio CD to a CD-R disc.

Hi, does that mean that you are trying to copy an audio CD to a CD-R? Audio CDs do not contain mp3 files.

I use Nero 7 and it has all of the options depending on what you want to do. It has never failed me yet.

dude - if these are mp3s from the 'internetS' you have to burn as data.

Nero 7 and a lot of CD burning sofware will automatically recode the data into whatever format you choose. Most music downloads are in MP3 format, you can choose to burn this onto a CD to be played by a CD player and it will convert for you. If you want these files in .wav format to be read by a MP3 player ( smaller files = more track capacity) you have these options too.

Edited by chonabot