Monthly Apartment Rental

Sydneycraig

Looking for suggestions for a monthly rental .... Ideally with the following;

Niman area - ideally walking to, or possibly a cheap taxi ride to good bars restaurants in the area

15-20k per month inclusive

A decent size communal pool - for laps but also a nice place to hang out

Large studio or ideally a 1 bed

Balcony with half decent views

No kitchen needed or wanted

Tv with at least some English Channels or just a DVD player

Modern clean and secure

Ideally a bigger apartment complex with a few other people to meet too

Will be just a month to start and if I like cm will get longer

Thats what i did, just stay in serviced apartments until you find what you want, the pool might be an issue . Cant recommmend any as i dont like this area much.

I'm not sure what these places are like but,

Ban Thai, on soi 6 Nimmanheamin Rd, Hillside 4 Condo on Huay Kaew Rd, Nakornping Condo Huay Kaew Rd, and The Orchid Hotel Huay Kaew Rd all have pools

Also there are many real estate agents around that can help you find somewhere to stay... just google them...

Nimmanheamin area (as well as many areas in the city) can be very, very noisy at night, with lots of super loud bars and restaurants sprouting up all over the place,

and even open air concerts that go on for days! Always check the area at night before you book any accommodation!!!

Maybe just get a guest house for a few days to check the area out

good luck

there's my work place 'The Pub' which in front of Kad Rin Kam which near Rin Kam Junction there is the bungalow and bar so you can live there 12k per month which include all charge. just walk to 5 mins to nimman rd. if you say to them that Shing invited you may be you can get the discount(maybe) :)

Some of my friends use www.chiangmairiversidecondo.com when they come to CM. On every occasion they found a decent studio less than 15.000 a month.

Riverside is well out of town and ... what maybe 5 or 6 K from Nimman ?

That depends on your definition of town.

For example, Nimmanhaemin is about 4 km from Thapae Gate. Riverside Condo is about 3km from Thapae Gate. (And much closer to the Night Bazar area, Riverside area, Kad Luang, etc.)

Nimmanhaemin is primarily convenient to Nimmanhaemin itself and CMU, and not much else.

• Like 1

Prefer not to be in a hotel either... 20 should get something nicer than that too right?!

Top floor is serviced apartments.

Not sure why you would prefer to not be in a hotel. Electric/water/maids/internet included in price, fresh water every morning, 24 hour room service, rooftop restaurant/bar, gym, sauna and 2 swimming pools. Not sure there are any downsides to choosing a hotel over an apartment block

Walking distance to Nimman Road also.

Edited by ha55ha

Some of my friends use www.chiangmairiversidecondo.com when they come to CM. On every occasion they found a decent studio less than 15.000 a month.

For example, Nimmanhaemin is about 4 km from Thapae Gate. Riverside Condo is about 3km from Thapae Gate. (And much closer to the Night Bazar area, Riverside area, Kad Luang, etc.)

Nimmanhaemin is primarily convenient to Nimmanhaemin itself and CMU, and not much else.

but he specified Nimman so chucking Riverside into the equation is not OT

Prefer not to be in a hotel either... 20 should get something nicer than that too right?!

Well ha55ha gave you a hotel but it meats all your qualifications and is in my opinion 4 star caliber. 20,000 baht for a studio would be cheap and it is definatly not small. That price amazes me. The view from the rooftop pool (big enough to do laps in) is awesome If it wasn't for the BBQ restaurant you could sit in one place and have a 360 degree view of the city

Green Hill Place is an idea, Google it. 5-10 minute walk from Nimman or 2 minute motorbike ride. Nice gym and fitness room, pretty nice all together. Studios are under 10k and I can't remember the price for a suite but they are in your range.

but he specified Nimman so chucking Riverside into the equation is not OT

It sounds like he's never been to Chiang Mai before. (from his statement that he'll stay longer if he likes Chiang Mai). So it's likely he might not fully understand how horrible Nimmanhaemin is when you could also live in the old town area or along the river. It's funny (and VERY fortunate) that the most horribly congested and over-developed area is not the town center, but this random sub-urban strip near CMU, somewhat out of town.

whoaaa! bias coming in here? the most 'horribly congested'? don't think so! I live near Thaepe you want to see 'horribly congested'? try a Sunday or Saturday around Thaepe that, dear Winnie, is not fair

also the thread is about Nimman not 'Winnies opinion on where to live' wai2.gif

Edited by binjalin

No not been since 96...Just arrived and doing tourist stuff for a week or so then will have a look. Cheers fir the tips

take your time - look at all areas - Nimman is 'young and trendy', old city is...well... 'old and farangy' - nothing wrong with either just take your pick - good luck smile.png

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 1