Restored Kawasaki

Jotham79

I'm in the process...a slow process.... of restoring an old (86 or 87) Kawasaki. I'm just wondering what its value would be? I am assuming using all Kawasaki parts would help. Any advice would help.

thx

A Thai guy near where we used to live had a really nice KH Kwak that he was trying to sell for 20k. No takers at all and I know he had alot more than that invested in the bike.

Old two strokes aren't worth spending alot of money on unless they are something really special like an NSR SP and even then it's not easy to get your money back.

Do it as a labour of love/hobby and not an investment and at least you'll be happy when it's finished.

• Like 2

For 5 Years I took many Old bikes and completely restore them..Some won trophys at Bike shows and were very well done..When it came time to sell because I had Many I lost Big time...Slow learner I guess and I finally quit losing money when I stopped these projects..

• Like 2

Why would you, anyone, bother? Honestly I just don't get it. There was probably a million of em built, but none of them are special.

I believe it's that feeling of accomplishing something by yourself (that is if you do the restoration yourself). It's also a matter of perspective what might not be special to one person might evoke different feeling in another.

I do agree with everyone else in saying that undertaking projects like these is more of a labor of love. biggrin.png

It's quite unfortunate in this day and age that most riders do not really know their rides, that is, most of them never work on or maintain their bikes themselves, and/or be able to fix minor stuff.

• Like 1

...Old two strokes aren't worth spending a lot of money on ...

kawasaki-kh250-800px.jpg

I'd give it a go.

Or maybe?

Kawasaki%20H1%20500%20MachIII%2074%20%20

I hasten to add neither of these are mine.

Now to really get my juices flowing

www.ohiosuperbike.com.andy.ns400r.jpg

Edited by VocalNeal

kawasaki-kh250-800px.jpg

I'd give it a go.

Or maybe?

Kawasaki%20H1%20500%20MachIII%2074%20%20

I hasten to add neither of these are mine.

Now to really get my juices flowing

You had me at hello.....I mean the first pix!

If you find one of these it's worth doing tho...this one was restored by my mate in UK...lives in his living room during winter tongue.png

DSC_0672Medium_zpsc7a94661.jpg

Had one out of the first batch in Oz. It was an amazing bike to ride after all the other bikes I had ridden.

If you find one of these it's worth doing tho...this one was restored by my mate in UK...lives in his living room during winter tongue.png

Had one out of the first batch in Oz. It was an amazing bike to ride after all the other bikes I had ridden.

What about one of these? This is his current project...long way to go yet to get it up to the standard of the Kwak

DSC_0676Medium_zpse70916b3.jpg

DSC_0675Medium_zps164b3129.jpg

What about one of these? This is his current project...long way to go yet to get it up to the standard of the Kwak

DSC_0676Medium_zpse70916b3.jpg

DSC_0675Medium_zps164b3129.jpg

Not really special. My brother has one under a tarp in his garage in Oz. I don't think he has ridden it for about 6 years, has owned it for 20.

I rode it a few times and it was a good old bike back in the day.

Not really special. My brother has one under a tarp in his garage in Oz. I don't think he has ridden it for about 6 years, has owned it for 20.

I rode it a few times and it was a good old bike back in the day.

True...but we both know the full history of this bike from the day it was delivered, and it certainly was a good bike in it's day thumbsup.gif

Now thats a restoration project, or a suzuk rgv500! I nearly bought an nsr500 but they had a pretty bad rep in the UK for sliding down the road, it made me nervous!