My Thai Girlfriend Just Told Me Her Father Is A Policeman....

davidst01

No problem what so ever if you don't do anything to maliciously hurt his daughter thumbsup.gif

Ex's father is in a position where he could easily make my life hell. But instead every time I see him I get a warm welcome.

Though I have a spoiled Thai friend who's father is very high up in the chain, she feels spurned and is having him begin to cause trouble for her ex.

The door can swing either way.

Just because he is nice and gives you a warm welcome does not mean he likes you.

This relationship could be a major embarrassment for him. Maybe not. You will never know.

He could be thinking;

A. What can I get out of this farang?

B. Who can I call to wreck this guys life?

C. He accepts you as being damn near human and you get to use your connection when things go belly up somewhere.

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP

The occupation of her father is the least of your concern, unless you’re worrying about your girl could be a gun slinger, into handcuffs and bribery.smile.png

The main immediate concern is to ask yourself a question…”Why would a young 20s something, sweet, & stunner (of course)…want to be involved romantically with someone who’s old enough to be her uncle or a father’s friend?”

The answer to that may be that Thai ladies look more into the heart of the man in their life and not to the outside age or appearance.

Of course money is a factor Farang usually have lots more than Thai's.

(This culture is all about money).

Generally, Thai ladies consider that a Farang husband is a status symbol and generally, he will be better behaved than a Thai husband.

Why does the OP not buy the book Thailand Fever and learn something about the culture here and the expectations that Thai ladies AND THEIR FAMILIES have regarding a relationship with a westerner?

go to www.thailandfever.com

well worth the price in my opinion.

Thai v west is about as opposite as it gets.

Westerners will accuse you of buying your bar girl (what ever her status is there are ingrained assumptions)

you may have to give a dowry and support her family financially and a whole lot more.

Her family will always come first, you will be a poor third.

The book explains the importance of when she first takes you to meet her folks - it is very important to her, not to a westerner - read the book.

If you are wearing a "Holiday Head" take it off and get your feet planted firmly on the ground.

Do consider if you want to start a family because she almost certainly will.

A 20 year difference is not unusual and shouldn't be a problem but you need to learn much much, more about the culture in this LoS and don't rush into anything.

Remember, the wider the smile, the sharper the knife.

• Like 1

To the OP

The occupation of her father is the least of your concern, unless you’re worrying about your girl could be a gun slinger, into handcuffs and bribery.smile.png

The main immediate concern is to ask yourself a question…”Why would a young 20s something, sweet, & stunner (of course)…want to be involved romantically with someone who’s old enough to be her uncle or a father’s friend?”

maybe because she is attracted to him! did you ever think about that one? whatever nanny state country you come from doji, this thread is about LOS.

This is so obviously a troll, it's amazing that it's received so many pages of serious responses.

"Not a bar girl"...then why does he use the language of those who frequent bars ("she's a stunner") to describe her? Give me a break. Hey, OP, is she a "spinner" too?

"not a bar girl" - how arrogant and insulting. Are ALL bar girls bad and just after your money? No doubt some are, but so are many females who are not bar girls. It someone has a bad experience with a bar girl (or any other girl if it comes to that) then its your fault - you should have better judgement and know the character of any girl that you may ask to marry you - otherwise stay single. I met my "bar girl" 7 years ago and made sure that we knew and understood each other before recently asking her to marry me. She is honest, kind and considerate and our relationship is based on love not money. But that's how it should be for any permanent relationship.

I don't doubt she may be truly in love with you and you with her, and thats a good thing.

With this love, honesty and kindness in mind she will not ask you or even hint that she or a family member needs financial assistance. She will keep on working so as to not be a monetary burden to you, although she may very well change her type of work.

This is astonishingly great news, perhaps there are more like her at her bar? Perhaps you could share the secret and tell us which bar so others may find true love, kindness and consideration without financial strings attached.

This is splendid news because up until now, many thought that finding true love at a beer bar without money needs attached was somewhat akin to finding future olympic athletes at a care home for paraplegics.

Edited by atyclb

my advice for you is : run, you will be in trouble or get fleeced big time!blink.png

a couple years ago I heard a story ( just a story, may be true or not ) friends of mine and I were sitting after a hard day of work ( playing golf ) at the bar and had some g+t, and the conversation came up, how smart these thai girls are, developing new scams to milk farangs, a friend of mine American, mentioned that he had a friend, also ami, 55, who had a thai girlfriend, 26; one evening she told him that her brother was a Lt. in the Phuket police force, while he was reading a article in the Phuket news about a drug bust, she said to him look that's my brother, oops, two weeks later they split up, because of issues in the horizontal area, she was just a stick, my friend told me ( very sad ), a day later she knocked at his apartment, he let her in and she said : you give me 60 thousand bath or my brother come, and give big trouble to you, so he got scared for whatever reason, may be he had trouble before ( my guess ), he didn't went to the local police, to report that incident and just paid her of to get over it,after that he never heard anything from this girl, quick 60k for her, 3 times a month 180 k

just run, now !!or it could be thathit-the-fan.gif

100% credible story. Actually the scamming is common among Thai's also and not limited to foreigners, although they are softer targets. Just this week I read a story about a gay male supporting a younger, good looking lover. Made condo payments, car, etc etc. The Thai ATM guy found out his boyfriend was dating someone else, confronted him, which led to an argument. Supposedly the younger guy said he'd post an online sex video if the ATM didn't give him more money. The ATM shot and killed him. Dismembered him and dumped the body. Later the guy confessed after being caught. The guy killed was a uni grad bank employee and not a go go boy.

A high % of gals seeking sugar daddies will not have much interest in you if you are language proficient.

Or maybe you're just not as handsome as you think you are. wink.pngbiggrin.png

555555555 It also helps if you don't come off as being enamored and enchanted by the mere presence of a thai female. Normal weight to height ratio, and personal hygiene don't hurt either.

• Like 1

To the OP

maybe because she is attracted to him! did you ever think about that one? whatever nanny state country you come from doji, this thread is about LOS.

Is it that normal in your circle for a 20s something yrs age diff couple?

Doesn't matter in what country, that age difference is not the norm, and I only advice to OP to be cautious about it.

And what make you think you know more about LOS than me?rolleyes.gif

You have just about described my exact situation. GF is in CR, is half my age, not bar girl, father is a cop, good family and I have some of the same concerns. We have been together for over 1 year and marriage is always being discussed by some family member. We should have lunch and discuss sometime!

You have just about described my exact situation. GF is in CR, is half my age, not bar girl, father is a cop, good family and I have some of the same concerns. We have been together for over 1 year and marriage is always being discussed by some family member. We should have lunch and discuss sometime!

now hope it is not the same girlblink.png

now hope it is not the same girlblink.png

Yeah no sh*t. Her name is Mint

This is so obviously a troll, it's amazing that it's received so many pages of serious responses.

"Not a bar girl"...then why does he use the language of those who frequent bars ("she's a stunner") to describe her? Give me a break. Hey, OP, is she a "spinner" too?

to be envious Ajaan is to be the lesser man