Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Tottenham beat Chelsea & Liverpool for £20million ace?

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have won the race for David Villa, according to reports.

The Sunday Mirror claim Juande Ramos has stolen ahead of rivals Chelsea and Liverpool to land the Spanish international striker, who has scored four goals at Euro 2008 this summer.

Valencia made the player available for around £15million at the end of the season, but his form has been of such a standard in Austria & Switzerland their asking price soared.

And Ramos is concerned if he doesn’t act now he could end up paying even more for Villa so, although it remains unconfirmed by either club, an offer of £20million has been tabled and accepted.

Tottenham beat Chelsea & Liverpool for £20million ace?

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have won the race for David Villa, according to reports.

The Sunday Mirror claim Juande Ramos has stolen ahead of rivals Chelsea and Liverpool to land the Spanish international striker, who has scored four goals at Euro 2008 this summer.

Valencia made the player available for around £15million at the end of the season, but his form has been of such a standard in Austria & Switzerland their asking price soared.

And Ramos is concerned if he doesn't act now he could end up paying even more for Villa so, although it remains unconfirmed by either club, an offer of £20million has been tabled and accepted.

load of <deleted> that, the price tag, the club, everything. why on earth would one of the best players in the world go to tottenham?

if he goes to the uk, hes going to libpool. FACT!

I have also read that Ronaldino wants to play in the premiership. What are your thoughts on that? Oh, and by the way, I am in Canada our coverage over here is sparse to say the least, I rely heavily on the opinions and input from you guys here on Thai Visa for the goods. So if I seem a bit misinformed all I have are websites to form an opinion.

I have also read that Ronaldino wants to play in the premiership. What are your thoughts on that? Oh, and by the way, I am in Canada our coverage over here is sparse to say the least, I rely heavily on the opinions and input from you guys here on Thai Visa for the goods. So if I seem a bit misinformed all I have are websites to form an opinion.

No offence to anyone on here but i'm also thousands of miles away from my Club & i wouldn't dream of relying on Thai Visa Posters to get information on my Club.. :o

All most of us have are Websites to form our opinions as we're so far away from home but it's about choosing the right Websites that will get you the best information, that is the main thing to do..

Most people who support Liverpool are 100s or 1000s of miles away and rely on others to give them opinions, so long as the opinions of the Taffies, Micks, Cockneys, Pakistanis, day trippers and event seekers are of useful note you'll be OK on the web.

My opinion is theyll be lucky to come 4th again this year and are heading back to where they were before Shankly came along..........i hope.

I thank you all for your help. I will continue to read the banter on this thread and count you all as friends. I also really like this completely autographed filled Liverpool FC football I have here signed by some guy named Ian Rush and his friends. Just thought I would throw that in.

Most people who support Liverpool are 100s or 1000s of miles away and rely on others to give them opinions, so long as the opinions of the Taffies, Micks, Cockneys, Pakistanis, day trippers and event seekers are of useful note you'll be OK on the web.

My opinion is theyll be lucky to come 4th again this year and are heading back to where they were before Shankly came along..........i hope.

You couldn't be more wrong. They improved last year and nothing to suggest they won't improve this year.

As for Tottenham, isn't it quite clear why quality Spanish players would want to go to there? A respected Spanish manager? Seems pretty clear. Dos Santos already did it. Yes, he's Mexican, but they basically speak the same language and he's been in Spain already.

Canadianguy, liverpoolfc.tv is the site for the club itself, and it is the best club site in football. No need to rely on the opinions of those boiledegg slurred above. Get your news from the club itself. Although note they don't usually do rumors. Only will report when the deal is done regarding transfers most of the time.

Edited by Jimjim

not a problem for us. education is the key. as long as they embrace the city and club it doesnt matter where they come from. hard not to have a out of town or out of country support when your the most successfull club in the most popular league in the world.

reds all over the world!

12:00 am EST Thursday. Germanyjust squeaked in there, 3 -2 over the Turks.

I will go out and out it up I think the Russians are in over Spain.

Firstly: The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain .... and there are no plains in Spain.

Secondly: The Ruskies are always sleepers in the first rounds. No matter what the sport.

They always do it. They never show you what they have in the prelim's.

Thirdly: They sure shocked me in the way played to get in, I thought they're play was the

best I have seen in the tournament. From our point of view it is too soon for

Torres to win a major yet. He has got to get hungrier to perform at his peak.

If he wins too early in his career, then he's done it, got the prize. I think,

(then again , who am I?) Russia beats Spain, Torres works harder next season

for us, to prove himself.

12:00 am EST Thursday. Germanyjust squeaked in there, 3 -2 over the Turks.

I will go out and out it up I think the Russians are in over Spain.

Firstly: The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain .... and there are no plains in Spain.

Secondly: The Ruskies are always sleepers in the first rounds. No matter what the sport.

They always do it. They never show you what they have in the prelim's.

Thirdly: They sure shocked me in the way played to get in, I thought they're play was the

best I have seen in the tournament. From our point of view it is too soon for

Torres to win a major yet. He has got to get hungrier to perform at his peak.

If he wins too early in his career, then he's done it, got the prize. I think,

(then again , who am I?) Russia beats Spain, Torres works harder next season

for us, to prove himself.

Would you like to rewrite this in the cold light of the day (after)..... :D

Spain looked great in the 2nd half, I wonder what they had at halftime ? :o

Spanish Fly maybe? I dunno, I really was impressed with the Ruskies against Holland.

They sure didn't have the same flair against the Spanish.

Oh well, I love to talk about it.

Win some lose some I guess.

We as Red Men are looking like we are certainly on the way though.

Dos cerveza, pour four more!!!!

Hoe did you know I was writing during the night before the day after by the way?

Was it that obvious?

Edited by Canadianvisitor

Spain's defense is better than the Netherlands'. That's why they won.

It's only good for Torres to win a championship. It could only make him more confident, especially if he scores. But all in all, international football has little to do with club football.

BARRY - IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON

Gareth Barry remains desperate to join Liverpool and has blasted Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill for making no effort to persuade him to stay.

The England midfielder has made no secret of his desire for the regular Champions League football on offer at Anfield.

But despite his pleas to the Villa hierarchy to allow him to leave, the midlanders have remained entrenched and rejected a reported £15million bid from the Reds earlier this month.

Barry told the News of the World: "My mind's made up, I want to join Liverpool.

"There's no going back, it's time for me to move on. I'm desperate to play Champions League football and that's why I have to leave Villa."

O'Neill has been openly critical of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez over his pursuit of the Villa skipper.

But despite O'Neill's public posturing, a scornful Barry insists nothing has been done to get him to remain at Villa Park.

"Villa kept saying they wanted me to stay but I have not heard from the manager for weeks," he claimed.

"It's seven weeks now since the season finished but while the gaffer's found time to be a pundit for the BBC at Euro 2008, he hasn't found the time to speak to me.

"Have Villa offered me anything to try to persuade me my future is at Villa Park, not Anfield? Not a thing."

Looking good for us methinks!

Sporting Life

Edited by The Vulcan

Gareth Barry remains desperate to join Liverpool and has blasted Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill for making no effort to persuade him to stay.

The England midfielder has made no secret of his desire for the regular Champions League football on offer at Anfield.

But despite his pleas to the Villa hierarchy to allow him to leave, the midlanders have remained entrenched and rejected a reported £15million bid from the Reds earlier this month.

"There's no going back, it's time for me to move on. I'm desperate to play Champions League football and that's why I have to leave Villa."

O'Neill has been openly critical of Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez over his pursuit of the Villa skipper.

But despite O'Neill's public posturing, a scornful Barry insists nothing has been done to get him to remain at Villa Park.

"Villa kept saying they wanted me to stay but I have not heard from the manager for weeks," he claimed.

"It's seven weeks now since the season finished but while the gaffer's found time to be a pundit for the BBC at Euro 2008, he hasn't found the time to speak to me.

"Have Villa offered me anything to try to persuade me my future is at Villa Park, not Anfield? Not a thing."

Sporting Life

id prefer it if he wasnt talking to rob beasley of the sunday sun, but im sure carra and gerrard will set him straight. making all the noises though. but so did pennant, kewell, cisse etc..

another trophy in the cabinet tonight :o

id prefer it if he wasnt talking to rob beasley of the sunday sun, but im sure carra and gerrard will set him straight. making all the noises though. but so did pennant, kewell, cisse etc..

another trophy in the cabinet tonight :o

LIVERPOOL 1 - GERMANY 0

Well predicted mate :D

Edited by The Vulcan

Rafael Benítez will pursue his interest in Robbie Keane despite Tottenham's insistence that their vice-captain is not for sale. The Liverpool manager has proposed a cash-plus-Peter Crouch deal but the Republic of Ireland international will have to agitate for a move to bring Benítez's pursuit to fruition.

Keane has emerged as a leading target for Liverpool after discussions between Anfield officials and their Spurs counterparts about Crouch, the England international who is valued at between £10m and £12m and is also wanted by Portsmouth, Manchester City, Newcastle and possibly Arsenal.

Woo Hoo.

Source , The guardian Monday June 30, 2008.

Sounds like Rafa is loading his gun for this season in a big big way.

Nice to see Torres put the ball in like that.

Stunning speed and an awsome flicker in to the net.

Good on him. His skill has changed the way the entire franchise views the future for sure.

Keane stuns Spurs with transfer demand: Liverpool set to offer Crouch and £5m for striker

By JOHN EDWARDS AND NEIL ASHTON

Last updated at 10:43 PM on 30th June 2008

Robbie Keane stunned Tottenham by telling them he wants to leave.

Sportsmail can reveal that Republic of Ireland striker Keane delivered his shock transfer demand after learning Liverpool had lodged a player-plus-cash bid for him on Friday.

The 28-year-old came out of a meeting at White Hart Lane having left club officials in little doubt about his eagerness to play for his boyhood idols.

Anfield manager Rafa Benitez sees Keane as the ideal strike partner for Euro 2008 match-winner Fernando Torres and is prepared to part with Peter Crouch and around £5million to make it happen.

As with his pursuit of Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, though, Benitez is going to have to dig deeper after Tottenham rejected his initial offer and placed a £20m valuation on Keane.

Keane's desire to get away from Spurs is a bigger shock. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard and long-serving centre back Jamie Carragher are both friends of the Irishman, who could be one of three strikers to leave Tottenham should the deal go through.

Spurs manager Juande Ramos knows Dimitar Berbatov is unsettled and he is also exploring ways of offloading Darren Bent. Apart from having to increase the cash adjustment, Benitez may also struggle to talk Crouch into being part of the package as the England striker still wishes to join Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth.

Villa confirmed that Barry can move to Anfield, provided Liverpool match their £18m price.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...5m-striker.html

great news if true. gerrard, barry, masch, babel, torres and keane all going forward. carra at right back, agger and skrtyl in the middle.

And now the Villa have fined Barry, banned him from the ground and even forbid access to the club shop! OK, he should (maybe) have not given an unauthorised interview and had a dig at his manager - but they in turn had a dig at his loyalty without recourse!

The man aired his desire to move on after being a loyal servant for 10 years at a no-hope club and this is his reward!

Pathetic I say.

If we are to believe what we read the Villa have again turned down our "final" offer! Nobody else in the running so assuming the deal collapses were will that leave them?

Next of course will be the stripping of his captaincy.

I had a lot of respect for Martin O'Neal but his handling and public bitching over this transfer has exposed a major flaw in his character (imho)

I'm sure Barry will be a "RED" very soon - look forward to the first meeting of the two teams!

• 2 weeks later...

UEFA quota gives Reds a problem?

Written by Matt Ladson on July 14th, 2008

With the departures of Peter Crouch, Harry Kewell and Danny Guthrie - along with the potential sales of Steve Finnan and Jermaine Pennant - Rafa Benitez is left with a problem when it comes to registering players for next season’s Champions League.

Uefa implemented a ruling in 2006 regarding locally trained players that required clubs to register 2 club trained and 2 domestic association trained players each squad, that was increased to 3 of each last season and this season it becomes four players - meaning Liverpool will only be able to register 17 international players.

Last season Benitez registered young defender Stephen Darby, along with Gerrard and Carragher as the three club trained players. The domestic association trained players (eg. can be trained at another club from within England) were Harry Kewell, Steve Finnan, Jermain Pennant, David Martin and Peter Crouch. Two of those (Crouch and Kewell) have already left, and another two are likely to leave (Finnan and Pennant). Leaving Liverpool three players short of their four domestic trained players and one short of club trained players.

To qualify, a player must have trained at the club for three years between the age of 15 and 21, regardless of nationality. Therefore, the likes of Lucas and Babel are not eligible to fill the quota as they arrived at the club too late to have three years before the age of 21. This season at least, Benitez is left with somewhat of a headache.

Not that it is only Liverpool with the problem, Chelsea have just John Terry as club trained, and only registered 23 players last season, while Arsenal only registered 24 players.

This problem could explain why Benitez’s top targets this summer have emerged as Gareth Barry and Robbie Keane - both players would be classed as domestically trained - leaving Liverpool just one short of their four for that part of the quota. That could also explain the links with Stewart Downing, James Milner et al. It would also go someway to explaining why buying domestic players is proving so expensive too.

Furthermore, it may explain why Liverpool are signing a large amount of 17 year olds, who will qualify as club trained by being at the club for three years before the age of 21. Once the likes of Dani Pacheco, Kristzian Nemeth, Damien Plessis and Emiliano Insua, become eligible to qualify as club trained, Liverpool’s situation will be much stronger.

Edited by Canadianvisitor

The Sun (UK), not exactly top journalism but they had a hot page 3 girl today, is reporting Liverpool will pay 20 million pounds for Robbie Keane which takes his lifetime transfer value to 60 million quid.

Has anyone on here got a liverpoolfc.tv e-season ticket?

Ive been thinking of getting one so I can watch the pre season friendlies but im not sure how well they will stream in Thailand?

Edited by Jared

The Sun (UK), not exactly top journalism but they had a hot page 3 girl today, is reporting Liverpool will pay 20 million pounds for Robbie Keane which takes his lifetime transfer value to 60 million quid.

couldnt give a shit what that f***ing filthy rag said.

why post it in this thread?

Sporting Life

liverpool can have him 18 million for what. ? another average english player whos no spring chicken and all of a sudden hes a class act, go ahead and waste ur money :o

couldnt give a shit what that f***ing filthy rag said.

why post it in this thread?

Because it was interesting, Liverpool related, and other sources such as the BBC said Tottenham have priced him very high because they want to keep him so this was just giving a figure. It's probably about true as well. In this case.

with respect jimjim, the s*n is never liverpool-related. liverpool fans prefer to operate as if the evil piece of sh*t rag doesn't exist. 19 years of boycott and happily the rag's circulation on merseyside has never recovered.

Ok I understand now. However, the report was accurate as the same exact thing was reported by the BBC.

Oh, and why do Liverpool fans hate it? And do Everton fans hate it as well?

Edited by Jimjim

Ok I understand now. However, the report was accurate as the same exact thing was reported by the BBC.

Oh, and why do Liverpool fans hate it? And do Everton fans hate it as well?

i'm surprised that this isn't known to you really, but besides it being a thatcher-supporting tory rag, it also published sick and disgraceful lies about the events of hillsborough in 1989. have a read of this, as a football fan it's important that you know this: http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

plenty of evertonians boycott the s*n as well as the lies were deemed an attack on the people of merseyside, not just on liverpool fans.