Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just received from the ex!

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweatshirt

Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, 'What setting do I use on the washing machine?'

'It depends,' I replied. 'What does it say on your shirt?'

He yelled back, ' Liverpool .'

And they say blondes are dumb...

Made me laugh anyway - the bitch!

Agree entirely. Actually I'd start with Pennant and Babel wide. Bolton seem a little slow on their flanks and this could expose them. It would also eleviate a bit of presure from our rear guard :o

I don't think for a minute this game is going to be a classic but lets hope for a scappy win and 3 more valuable points. I'd settle for that.

pennant at whose expense? i'd go with a front six of mascherano, alonso, kuyt, riera, gerrard and torres. bench keane.

don't think we'll ever see pennant in a red shirt again as it goes, apparently rafa has had enough of his crap timekeeping and poor discipline.

Agree entirely. Actually I'd start with Pennant and Babel wide. Bolton seem a little slow on their flanks and this could expose them. It would also eleviate a bit of presure from our rear guard :o

I don't think for a minute this game is going to be a classic but lets hope for a scappy win and 3 more valuable points. I'd settle for that.

pennant at whose expense? i'd go with a front six of mascherano, alonso, kuyt, riera, gerrard and torres. bench keane.

don't think we'll ever see pennant in a red shirt again as it goes, apparently rafa has had enough of his crap timekeeping and poor discipline.

I wasn't aware of that so I guess he's a no-go.

So another 3 points in the bag :o

A comfortable win in the end, ok we seemed to drop a gear when we went ahead but we had so many clear chances to make it 4 or 5.

last season I would of expected a draw away to Bolton but it really is looking different this season. Keane didn't look to happy coming of at 60 min but it proved a good move as Torres really caused some problems to Bolton's defense and we saw the Gerrard Torres partnership again.

Boltons first half strategy was a gift from heaven for us. Amazing decision for a home side. I was almost bored with the amount of possession we enjoyed.

Got to suggest that Kuyts header was as good as I've seen from many a striker.

Keane just isn't happening. Shocking miss and not the first time. As an out and out striker he's failing. It'll be interesting to see a full game with his partnership with a fully fit Torres. On paper this should be a dream.

The introduction of Torres was masterful by Rafa. At this point we were losing control and posing no threats. Hopefully he'll regain his edge and the finishing will become more clinical.

We're certainly creating the opening but we really do need to put all the good work into the net. This season is going to be close, really close, and goal difference could well be a crucial factor.

But, credit were credits due, 1/3rd of the season later and we're right in contention.

i've no real axe to grind with bolton but gary megson is a <deleted> manager. you don't set up at home eleven behind the ball whoever you are playing. our first goal was just a matter of time but after the break bolton showed that if they'd gone for it from the first whistle the game might have been an entirely different story.

kuyt's been great this season, that's five in seven for him and i'm made up for the lad. got the best attitude of any player i've seen in a long time.

more this season progresses the more i'm convinced that keane was a bad signing. transfer fee notwithstanding, we just didn't need a number 7, as evidenced by the gerrard / torres partnership last season. i'd rather we'd spent the 20m on a proper striker, a real alternative to torres, or maybe a top class right-sided player. don't worry about torres regaining his edge man, he's too good. it's his hamstrings that concern me if anything at the minute.

we're not even playing that well this season but we do have an air of rafa's valencia about us, just grinding results out or coming from behind to win. if chelsea hadn't this ridiculous record of ten straight away wins we'd be top with daylight, so there are plenty of reasons to be cheerful.

I do like the 4-5-1 with Gerrad just behind Torres but I think everyone is much too hard on Keane. He got a brace last week. Yes, he has had too many bad misses but I saw a few of those with Spurs. Torres also had a bad miss against Bolton. Should have easily scored. Keane is a great team player and as Kuyt mentioned, has assisted on half of Dirk's goals. Crouch everyone ended up loving and he was crap for the first six months with Liverpool. At least Keane already has four goals and several assists. I think Keane was too expensive, yes, but still a good buy. He's experienced and a solid player in my opinion. Give him a year before you judge him. It can even take good strikers a while to fit in and find his role and get his goals. Torres was an exception.

As for Dossena, he sucked the big one against Tottenham in the Carling Cup but maybe he'd had some Carlings before the match instead of after? Besides that game I think he has put in some good performances and can get a good cross in close to goal. Not great, and Aurelio is better, but he's still a good player.

dossena's a puzzlement jim, he's clearly not a crap footballer as evidenced by his being rated by rafa, capello and lippi. it's possible he's moved to the wrong country though, the pace of the english league is a world away from that of serie a.

don't get me wrong about keane by the way, i do like him and i'm glad we signed him. guess i just expected him to hit the ground running a bit better than he has. he's had some gift-wrapped chances that he really should be sticking away.

I really think Keane is a perfect fit for Liverpool, Overpriced... not to sure? when you look at the going rates for strikers proven in the EPL and with his goal record.

I strongly believe great things will come from him. I love his work rate up front putting pressure on defenses like the Liverpool strikers of old. His clever runs to open up gaps, quick one two's and as soon as he gets a good run with more goals he will make a great partnership with Torres. In fact I am sure he will provide plenty of assists for the likes of Torres also. Having said that :o I loved our formation last season (same Jim Jim ) with Gerrard just behind Torres!

Fulham at home should be another win then?

Gerrard is out and may miss the Champions league game also. Keane has recovered from his shoulder injury and Torres is also fit.

It looks like goal difference could be very important this season? so hope we can bang in a few today.

Raffa - Pre Match Conference

Edited by Devil

balls to goal difference devil mate, we're never going to take chelsea or the mancs for that matter on that. i'll take a steady two - nil today thank you. hodgson's no fool, he won't open fulham up to a hiding.

team picks itself really:

pepe

arby carra agger aurelio

kuyt mascherano alonso riera

keane torres

dirk first scorer is looking like the bet to me, he's bang in form.

Very frustrating game... (Chelsea drew also) which was the only good thing of the evening.

Torres really is a different class to watch and he looks like he is back to full fitness.

Keane was very disappointing today.

Seems us UTD fans are not the only ones who think highly of CR..hey stevie :o

Fernando Torres has today sung the praises of Cristiano Ronaldo, claimining our winger is ‘incomparable’ to any player he’s ever seen.

Torres scored an impressive 33 goals last season, yet Liverpool still failed to win anything. As a striker, he was still 9 goals short of Ronaldo, who played as a winger for the majority of the season, and recognises the class of our player.

“No-one can rival him,” said Torres. “He is in a class of his own. I have never seen a comparable player. What he did last season is incredible. No-one won this year what he’s won: Champions League, Premier League and Golden Boot. For me he is the best player in the world. A machine. Incomparable.”

No <deleted>. Ronaldo has been the best player in the world the last year. Everyone knows that. Nobody's disputing it. That doesn't exclude him from being the best diver in the world, either. Understand now?

Haha, touchy bunch you scousers are. Heaven knows Mr. Gerrard never dives. :o

Its a win anyway... (Marseille game)

Don't know why we always take the foot of the gas when we go 1 up. Good first half though and great to have Captain fantastic back in the side!

I don't know why we always wait to go one down before putting our foot on the gas. :o Anyways, I think we can both agree it was nice to see Chelsea draw last night. Perhaps their Champions League hopes are a little to KLUZ for comfort now. :D

Don't know why we always take the foot of the gas when we go 1 up. Good first half though and great to have Captain fantastic back in the side!

I don't know why we always wait to go one down before putting our foot on the gas. :o Anyways, I think we can both agree it was nice to see Chelsea draw last night. Perhaps their Champions League hopes are a little to KLUZ for comfort now. :D

Yes :D agreed.

Yes :D agreed.

Oh no... cant believe it, Torres is set to be out for 2-3 weeks :o

Just when he was looking sharp again. I am more concerned that this could be a long term problem (reminds me of when Owen started having hamstring problems)

A few people kept saying don't rush him back...maybe that's the problem?

Oh no... cant believe it, Torres is set to be out for 2-3 weeks :o

Just when he was looking sharp again. I am more concerned that this could be a long term problem (reminds me of when Owen started having hamstring problems)

A few people kept saying don't rush him back...maybe that's the problem?

What's the problem, hamstring again?

West Ham games are usually open games so possibly a few goals in this one. Could be another great chance to go top depending on the other game.

Stevie H - Playing Kuyt up there would be a good move, I agree... He really looks to be playing with confidence this year and turned out be a real leader on and off the pitch. I would like to see him partner with Keane.

I think more pressure is on Keane to step up his game and start scoring important goals in the league while Torres is out .