Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

alright james. . . .in your shoes mate i'd have been compelled to ask mcmahon how he manages to get paid for talking total and utter sh*te. i never see football focus really as i don't have cable telly, so kind of miss out on the masefield / 'big mac' crap, but i do read his column in the bangkok post which usually reads like it was penned by a burmese orang-utan. you say he's biased though? what, towards liverpool? i've never noticed that in his post column, all he does in that is slag benitez off. incorrectly of course like.

alright james. . . .in your shoes mate i'd have been compelled to ask mcmahon how he manages to get paid for talking total and utter sh*te. i never see football focus really as i don't have cable telly, so kind of miss out on the masefield / 'big mac' crap, but i do read his column in the bangkok post which usually reads like it was penned by a burmese orang-utan. you say he's biased though? what, towards liverpool? i've never noticed that in his post column, all he does in that is slag benitez off. incorrectly of course like.

anyone who has watched FF knows what I mean. If you saw it, perhaps you would change your mind about him.

what i do find interesting about television is how much bigger they seem on TV. Mase on TV looks much bigger than the rest of the pundits and in real life he is not much taller than me and I am not that tall. :)

anyone who has watched FF knows what I mean. If you saw it, perhaps you would change your mind about him.

what i do find interesting about television is how much bigger they seem on TV. Mase on TV looks much bigger than the rest of the pundits and in real life he is not much taller than me and I am not that tall. :)

it's ok james, it shines through in your posts on here that you're a short man. :D

i saw football focus a couple of times last season and all mcmahon did regards liverpool was bleat on about how rafa rotated torres all season. when he simply didn't once. mcmahon's a buffoon.

it's ok james, it shines through in your posts on here that you're a short man. :D

i saw football focus a couple of times last season and all mcmahon did regards liverpool was bleat on about how rafa rotated torres all season. when he simply didn't once. mcmahon's a buffoon.

I have been called vertically challenged, but nay a gal has every referred to me a short :D you must have me confused with Thierry Henry.

torres out tonight. hamstring again. balls.

Not good mate bit of a shock to be honest... Fingers crossed he may return for the remaining games if this is just a precaution form him feeling a pull in training. I think we have enough to beat Newcastle the way we have been attacking and least Stevie G is back!

Link Daily Mail The £25 million Spaniard suffered a recurrence of a hamstring problem in training this week. Benitez is reluctant to risk him for a match he believes Liverpool can win anyway and is hoping that Torres will recover to play in Liverpool's final three games of the season.

Other news, Agger has signed a new 4 year deal with us. I am very happy about that and it looks like the ship is looking steady since Raffa signed his extension. With key players extending contracts and back room staff. Just need a decent budget in the summer and new owners.

yeah he tweaked it in training on friday. bit pissed off that torres won't get a proper rest this summer because of that confederations cup nonsense.

excellent news about agger though. don't expect a decent budget in the summer though. 10m or so plus whatever rafa can make from sales. possibility he might get some of the keane money but no guarantee.

yeah he tweaked it in training on friday. bit pissed off that torres won't get a proper rest this summer because of that confederations cup nonsense.

excellent news about agger though. don't expect a decent budget in the summer though. 10m or so plus whatever rafa can make from sales. possibility he might get some of the keane money but no guarantee.

Yes and we still have few more players who will be looking to renew contracts also this will affect budget... Really is going to be a summer where it could shape our future, ownership, money etc. I am concerned about money for transfer targets as clearly we need min 40 Mil quid to buy a couple of needed players to improve the squad to compete in all competitions.

they were abysmal and an embarrassment. they're in relegation trouble and they didn't show an ounce of fight.

They were good for the first 3 mins.. :D

You can just see with them that they have no belief whatsoever in themselves, from making passes, to taking chances, of which they didn't even create any yesterday ( the Owen one at the end & even then he was Offside but it was like a shot where you warm the Keeper up before the Game )..

I saw a Shearer Interview in the week when he said they must be prepared to take the chance that they get at Anfield, because they will get one, but they didn't... :)

Edited by MSingh

they were abysmal and an embarrassment. they're in relegation trouble and they didn't show an ounce of fight.

Barton did!

:) He walked off saying " It wasn't even a Foul " !! :D

What an absolute fcuken idiot, 2-0 down with 3 games to go and on his return from yet another injury and after 2 years of a club sticking by him through all sorts of sh7t he guarantees himself an early summer holiday .... he is just a bottler and hopefully will be fcuked off to Stoke or some sh7te team like that who kick opposing players off the pitch for 90 minutes.

Next week it'll be Smith or Nolan to get sent off its pretty much all they can do aswell.

Youre right about Owen he just seems to play at training pace, thing is last season they knew they had Owen and Viduka 2 injury prone players out of contract in 1 year aswell as the talented Amoebi and yet they didnt sell them and get some more reliable players in ....... Ashley and his mates couldnt pour p7ss out of a wellington boot if the instructions were on the heal.

They'll be a lot more money if/when a new owner comes in, I hope. Yes, Torres will get probably a few weeks rest after the Confederations Cup nonsense. I just checked the schedule, didn't realize there were so many matches for that. If they get to the final it'll be 5 matches for them. And at least if we stay in our present table position there will be no extra two Champions League qualifying nonsense matches, to allow Liverpool to ease into the season more than the last few years.

Oh & for the record Chaps, we will NOT give you all that time & space that they did yesterday to play your lovely Football, next Saturday.. :)

Any word on Alonso ??

Alonso appears to be fine, just some bruising.

Injury update - Torres, Masch and Alonso should be back for the West Ham game.

Sporting Life link

Alonso has heavy bruising on his leg, while Javier Mascherano has turned an ankle. But Benitez believes both will be fit for Liverpool's next game at West Ham.

He also expects Fernando Torres to play against the Hammers. He said: "Fernando has suffered a slight hamstring problem. He was nearly ready for this one but certainly would not have started.

"That would have been too big a risk. And then to put him on the bench and maybe have him not warmed up enough to come on would also have been a risk."

Sami Hypia to join Bayner Leverkusen

He has signed a 2 year deal and will go at the end of the season...

All the best Sami... He's been a rock over the past 10+ years and surely an Anfield legend!

I went to see Leverkusen play some years ago when we went to Bohn, back then they had a great stadium and was surprised how atmospheric and loud the fans were with drums beating away...

The game is played at a slower pace in the Budesliga so might be a good move to finish his career there.

BBC

Edited by Devil

absolutely gutted about this, was hoping he'd go straight into a coaching role at the club but understand that he wants to play another couple of years. what a fantastic servant he has been, for me probably pound for pound the best defender to play in the premiership era. best of luck sami.

absolutely gutted about this, was hoping he'd go straight into a coaching role at the club but understand that he wants to play another couple of years. what a fantastic servant he has been, for me probably pound for pound the best defender to play in the premiership era. best of luck sami.

not disagreeing that he was / is good and has been a mainstay of your defense over the years but you might get an arguement from supporters of Terry, Rio, Vidic on your last point.

not disagreeing that he was / is good and has been a mainstay of your defense over the years but you might get an arguement from supporters of Terry, Rio, Vidic on your last point.

i'm sure i would, and i'd argue back. particularly with any muppet who tried to make out that two seasons of vidic compared to ten seasons of hyypia.

I'll never forget being in the Pan American Club ( i think it was called ) on the Albert Dock when he first signed with a few Evertonians one night having a Booze when in walked this <deleted> Huge Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed Boy that looked about 8'8..

As soon as he walked in there was a buzz about the place & i remember saying " Who the <deleted> is that ?? "

" That's Sammi who's just signed for the Red Sh*te " they said " But it's alright, we've got Richard Gough " !! :)

I'll never forget being in the Pan American Club ( i think it was called ) on the Albert Dock when he first signed with a few Evertonians one night having a Booze when in walked this <deleted> Huge Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed Boy that looked about 8'8..

As soon as he walked in there was a buzz about the place & i remember saying " Who the <deleted> is that ?? "

" That's Sammi who's just signed for the Red Sh*te " they said " But it's alright, we've got Richard Gough " !! :)

:D

we weren't even supposed to sign him, one of our scouts, might have been ron yeats, was sent to watch a PSV player and they happened to be playing willem II. he came back to houllier and said 'forget about the PSV lad but you have got to get this massive blonde finn from the other team'. 2.5m GBP later and what a signing.

we weren't even supposed to sign him, one of our scouts, might have been ron yeats, was sent to watch a PSV player and they happened to be playing willem II. he came back to houllier and said 'forget about the PSV lad but you have got to get this massive blonde finn from the other team'. 2.5m GBP later and what a signing.

Will hopefully/rightfully go down as a Liverpool Legend i would have thought...

Will hopefully/rightfully go down as a Liverpool Legend i would have thought...

no doubt about that man, reflected in the fact that most fans didn't want him to leave at all and wanted him to go straight into a backroom role. wish him all the best for another couple of years playing in the bundesliga though. he'll still do a fine job over there.