Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Never a penalty!

Red for Gerrard for sure and the Ref had no choice! - seen Gerrard do that so many times when he was younger to much aggression there at times- could of been much closer game if he had stayed on!

Just saw a different Liverpool display in terms of commitment and passion - except Torres looked out of it big time again.

If we show that fight as we did today might not be so bad over the next games.

Silly tackle by Agger and Berbatov went down like a dying swan to ensure a penalty was given. As always at Old Trafford you wonder would a penalty have been given if a MU player had made the tackle. Certainly not Saint Gary. :whistling:

Silly tackle by Agger and Berbatov went down like a dying swan to ensure a penalty was given.

Sadly in modern Football, that's teh name of the Gmae these days & if Agger was mug enough to be enticed into making a challenege like that, then more fool him..

Not that i agree with it, but that's just how it is now..

Silly tackle by Agger and Berbatov went down like a dying swan to ensure a penalty was given.

Sadly in modern Football, that's teh name of the Gmae these days & if Agger was mug enough to be enticed into making a challenege like that, then more fool him..

Many calls for TV replays here after that decision.

After seeing the TV replay many times its clear Agger makes contact with Berbatov's trailing leg which would have been enough to make someone running lose balance hence its a penalty ... Agger was at fault Berbatov done his job.

After seeing the TV replay many times its clear Agger makes contact with Berbatov's trailing leg which would have been enough to make someone running lose balance hence its a penalty ... Agger was at fault Berbatov done his job.

Agreed :D just a shame we never got the penalty in the last minute instead of the first :lol: anyway Dalglish hasn't aged has he?.............

YET!!

I don't think our resident scouse will vote for replays ;)

Lp did play with some passion but if they can't get up for a game against us...

Nice to see someone not being lulled in it when captain fantastic pulls up the armband like saying "you can't send me off-do you know who I am"

Kelly played pretty well I thought. Fletcher had a nightmare passing wise. Kuschak looks as steady as me coming home from a big night out.

Dissapointed with the result, yes it was a pen, yes it was a red.

Different day, may got away with it.

Kelly done a great job again, this lad is only going to get better.

I'm sure if we play with the same spirit throughout the season, we will be just fine.

Anderson is wank by the way.

Apparently Steve Clark to come in as first team coach - any one heard more on this? Certainly seems like a long term appointment this does if its true!

Interesting one this, not sure if Kenny has had any say in it?

why would i bother? he's a no-mark. and 'no longer a big club' rather ignores the blatant evidence of the past five years. two european cup finals in five season. top of the uefa coefficient rankings and one of the most feared teams in europe. second in the league in 08/09 ahead of chelsea and arsenal with a record points haul. one of the biggest global fanbases around. there's no point to debating with morons who simply ignore the facts to get their names in the press.

Would that be these uefa coefficient rankings?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2011.html

or these?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2010.html

or these?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2009.html

or these?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/tcoef2008.html

or these?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/tcoef2007.html

or these?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/tcoef2006.html

I went back as far as 1985

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method1/tcoef1985.html

and couldn't find Liverpool at the top of the coefficients in ANY of those seasons, never mind the last 5

You've gone from teh Fella out of the Dog & Duck to a Fella who, legend or not, hasn't managed a Football Team for over a decade & when he last managed a Team, it argubly wasn't even the same Game as it is today..

Scary..

But hey, if you think that makes it a wonderful day, then good luck to you..

Wasn't that guy from the Dog & Duck the Manager of the Season last year?

aww, what happened to you rix? you used to be fun.

Nowt happened that i know about mate. Perhaps you could be more specific.

Anyway, it's half time and that was a pretty crappy start for Kenny. Penalty never was. Berba should have been booked. Gerrard should too, but yellow not red. Bad game for the ref. And United uninspiring. Hope the second half brings about some better reffing and some better play.... oh, and yes, of course, a United win.

Agree entirely on the Berbatov non-penalty; yellow card for outrageous simulation. Don't understand how Webb didn't spot berbatovs double action to throw himself down.

Can't let you get away with the Gerrard incident though. If you leave the ground with two feet leading you have absolutely no control over how you are going to land and reasonably often the landing leads to broken limbs. That tackle was blood-curdlingly dangerous in my book. God knows what Gerrard thought he was playing at as I don't think he is naturally a dirty player, but lack of intent is not a defence for dangerous play.

Ex FA-qualified referee (but nowhere near the pros!). Not that this makes me right - it's often a matter of opinion.

Apparently Steve Clark to come in as first team coach - any one heard more on this? Certainly seems like a long term appointment this does if its true!

You want to hope not, for your sakes..

You saw what he was like with a Team of mediocre Players last Year, they finished on 35 points..

Wonder if you've enquired about Zola too ??? :D

You want to hope not, for your sakes..

You saw what he was like with a Team of mediocre Players last Year, they finished on 35 points..

Wonder if you've enquired about Zola too ??? :D

Impressive CV to be fair and a respected coach- thought the role of 1st team coach was to translate the vision of the manager in training, no?

Seemed to do a good job doing that for Mourinho at Chelsea - I think Zola was West Hams problem !

We know what Kenny's vision will be so any help with that is a plus. For me the fact that he has replaced Kelly Roys first team coach is the best news for me!

Seemed to do a good job doing that for Mourinho at Chelsea - I think Zola was West Hams problem !

You know nothing about WHU or it's Management, Ex Management or Support..

Mwahhhh xx :D

& Dev, after him being appointed Liverpool's number 2, i never thought for a moment you'd think he had anythign at all to do with how poor we have been for past 2 Seasons cos, let's just say, you're getting a tad predictable old Boy & i reckon the red tinted Glasses are now actually glued on....:D

No seriously, the pair of them were horrific, clueless & it knocked me for 6 because i stupidly thought that Zola AND Clarke, & i say AND because he was very much part of the Management Team & had a hell of a lot of clout to tactics & formations etc, but it knocked me for 6 how poorly we were set up & organised for certain Games, it was incredible to see & incredibly depressing too..

We stayed up by deafult on 35 Points & they SPENT ( that is SPENT stevie ;) ) a lot of money to a Club like us whilst they were at our Gaff, getting THEIR team right.

Chelsea Cnuts..

Edited by MSingh

& Dev, after him being appointed Liverpool's number 2, i never thought for a moment you'd think he had anythign at all to do with how poor we have been for past 2 Seasons cos, let's just say, you're getting a tad predictable old Boy & i reckon the red tinted Glasses are now actually glued on....:D

No seriously, the pair of them were horrific, clueless & it knocked me for 6 because i stupidly thought that Zola AND Clarke, & i say AND because he was very much part of the Management Team & had a hell of a lot of clout to tactics & formations etc, but it knocked me for 6 how poorly we were set up & organised for certain Games, it was incredible to see & incredibly depressing too..

We stayed up by deafult on 35 Points & they SPENT ( that is SPENT stevie ;) ) a lot of money to a Club like us whilst they were at our Gaff, getting THEIR team right.

Chelsea Cnuts..

Well sounds all doom and gloom then from what you say Singh.... jeeez! but then again your always wrong so that's something at least :D

Juts watched the live Press conference with Kenny and Damien... They called Clarke to offer him the job last night and he just did the first training session with Kenny this morning... lets hope for our sake we get a bit of investment in players (the right players at the right price), we build some confidence back and there's some badly needed unity in the club. That Kenny's job now and hopefully Clarke can translate some of Kenny ideas to the players in training - maybe a new face in training and 'modern' methods is what the lads need instead of what Kelly was serving up!.

Certainly a new air and a buzz around the club! only time will tell (not much I admit) but were all hoping.

Edited by Devil

Chelsea Cnuts..

Well sounds all doom and gloom then from what you say Singh.... jeeez! but then again your always wrong so that's something at least :D

Are you saying we were good then last Year ?? :unsure::D

I am mystified how there has been so much press saying that Liverpool should have given Hodgson more time and money. Hodgson claiming he has been hard done by, he was promised a season to reshape the team when he joined and still thinks he should get the England job.

Where the 'myth' is so stupid is that if Hodgson's dismissal by Liverpool demonstrates a fundamental shift in their relationship with their manager it assumes mass delusion on behalf of Liverpool while it is far more likely that the shift was the appointment itself. Those who believe that Hodgson should have been given more time and resources believe that Liverpool were taking a short term view on a long term manager while if they see Hodgson as a long term manager they are the ones with a short term view. Afterall he was appointed to manage the club while it was up for sale in the full knowledge that he would almost certainly be replaced when the buyers walked in. And with the eye on the England job there was no pretense at long term commitment.

Funnily enough it seems that almost no supporters were under the illusion that he was a fundamental part of the rebuilding process, so I have no idea why the press and he feels otherwise. In fact he was the very symbol that the process of rebuilding had not yet begun. He did unify the fan base, so it is all good in the end.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/01/09/sir-alex-ferguson-condemns-roy-hodgson-witch-hunt-as-unreal-102039-22835159/

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/01/09/roy-hodgson-axed-by-e-mail-as-king-kenny-takes-charge-at-liverpool-102039-22835783/

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/01/09/sad-roy-hodgson-clings-to-his-england-dream-102039-22835778/

Perhaps a few players this transfer window might be useful as well?

Actually on the stats, I dont think it makes a lot of difference - the season is effectively over as far as the EPL is concerned for Liverpool.

By that I mean that the bottom 15 are very bunched up with Liverpool 12th, 5 points behind 7th and 5 points ahead of dead last.

However, their chances of say coming 4th are effectively ZERO. They would need at least 40 points from their last 18 matches (matching Man U 44 from 20 to date) and need both Spurs and Chelsea who need 29 and 30 points to slip. In reality, simply matching Man U's performance in the YTD wont be enough. 38 points would take them to 63(which they achieved last year) and came 7th. Even a reasonably heroically optimistic forecast that they match Spurs and Chelsea's performance to date will only get Liverpool to 7th or 8th.

Luckily the same applies on the downside, whereby they may be only 5 points from last but they would need to deteriorate considerably further to be relegated. 15 points from their last 18 will avoid relegation as will matching West Ham's performance to date.

If you take a fairly wide range of results 35 (a bit better than Spurs) to 15 (matching West Ham) then Liverpool should come between 7th and 16th.