Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Scouse fans dont seriously believe he left Madrid for the honour of playing for Liverpuddle, which is a god awful place to live its got to be said.

I lived in Aigburth for a couple of years and that's quite a nice place. It's got to be said ;)

Personally speaking id prefer Liverpool to London as London is my least favourite place on the planet, but if i was being paid 10 million a year and was in my 20s Londons got a certain draw and things to offer that nowhere else in England has.

But as someone who was born and raised in the North id sooner live in the South these days (excluding London). all the major cities in the North arent nice places to live anymore ... hence why we are all on this forum!

We don't particularily want geordies in London either. you're scots anyway. :lol:

Seriously, seriously disappointing news about Torres and his request.

I just don't know what to think anymore...

Would Suarez even be eligible to play in the Europa League? If we lose Torres now I think we'd only have Ngog eligible in that comp as an out and out striker.

Scouse fans dont seriously believe he left Madrid for the honour of playing for Liverpuddle, which is a god awful place to live its got to be said.

I lived in Aigburth for a couple of years and that's quite a nice place. It's got to be said ;)

Personally speaking id prefer Liverpool to London as London is my least favourite place on the planet, but if i was being paid 10 million a year and was in my 20s Londons got a certain draw and things to offer that nowhere else in England has.

But as someone who was born and raised in the North id sooner live in the South these days (excluding London). all the major cities in the North arent nice places to live anymore ... hence why we are all on this forum!

We don't particularily want geordies in London either. you're scots anyway. :lol:

Don't insult our intelligence carmine.

what was that i was saying about him not being an arsehol_e? you think you know someone. . . .

Know exactly how you must feel.

he can fuc_k off but not until the summer and not for less than £70m. you want him that badly roman you pay. i'm disgusted that he's waited until three days before the transfer window closes to slap a transfer request in.

Not sure about 70m but anything less than 50 and you are being short-changed. Hope you hold out and don't crumble.

The whole thing is basically a set up. Torres was obviously tapped beforehand. There is a 50m buyout in the summer, so there is no upside for Liverpool above that. Abromavich knows that if he pays that amount he is pretty certain to get him. Liverpool obviously know that he must be prepared to pay thereabouts or would be pretty silly bidding in the first place so close to the window closing. Chelsea need him now because they are leaking worse than Liverpool (-13 v -9) and with the CL. Liverpool can take it or leave it they are not playing for much this season but I am sure they will take a value close to the buyout.

I honestly wonder who else would write that sort of cheque for him in the summer.

I only hope it will not have a knock on effect to the likes of Gerrard and Reina.

It seems to me with the buyout clause there is little reason to keep him around because there is no real upside.

Being the cynic that i am, i don't for one moment think this is all about Torres..

I had my doubts about your new Owners from day one, i don't believe that this deal could not have happened 3 & a half weeks ago, it's not as if he's had a suddenc change of mind after all..

Suarez is no on form Torres & 23m is too much $ for him.

Big day tomorrow.

Being the cynic that i am, i don't for one moment think this is all about Torres..

I had my doubts about your new Owners from day one, i don't believe that this deal could not have happened 3 & a half weeks ago, it's not as if he's had a suddenc change of mind after all..

Suarez is no on form Torres & 23m is too much $ for him.

Big day tomorrow.

Well the new owners are the big unknown. I am basically a fan but the bottom line is that Liverpool needs them to succeed.

The game is very simple - there are 6 big teams - and there are 4 places are for grabs - Champions League.

The fundamentals

Stadium Capacity

76000 ManU

60000 Arsenal

47000 Man City

46000 Liverpool

42000 Chelsea

36000 Spurs

Attendance

75000 ManU

60000 Arsenal

46000 Man City

42000 Liverpool

41000 Chelsea

36000 Spurs

Revenues Euro 08/09

327 ManU

263 Arsenal

247 Chelsea

232 Liverpool

133 Spurs

101 Man City

So bottom line is Liverpool are competing against Arsenal and Manu with an infinitely better profit model and an extra 1.8m receipts a home game and against Chelsea with a billionaire that has brought the club to break even and a Sheik that has more money than he can count. So lets hope they are pretty smart. Liverpool has the 23rd largest crowd attendance in Europe and the 46th largest stadium.

The other really smart thing I believe FSG did was Roy.

You see I very much they suspected that the team would do badly this year. 08/09 had a lot of luck going with it and Liverpool havent really competed for the title for 20 years. They started losing players, G&H, and quickly went down hill (bit like Chelsea). 09/10 was a more significant deviation from their previous performances than 08/09 outperformance. The change of management neglect lack of investment, recruitment was hardly likely to lead to a better 10/11.

So if things werent likely to go well it seemed sensible to leave the existing caretaker Roy in charge especially as expectations were very high. And best of all if things went very badly wrong Roy was in charge. Now interestingly they kept making these points. On December 1st, Liverpool were 6th (they have the 6th highest wage bill inefficiently spent so about right) but all the fans were calling for blood. FSG said you cannot blame one player or simply the manager - implying it was the team. But the results turned so bad that Hodge Podge could no longer avoid responsibility. When Liverpool fans look back in future years at their worst start to a season in 50 years there will be an enormous warmth of appreciation that Roy Hodgson was our Manager.

Not sure about 70m but anything less than 50 and you are being short-changed. Hope you hold out and don't crumble.

Davis Villa who is a better player was on form and less injury prone then Torres went for 40 million EURO 6 months ago.

Good point and very true.

That aside, is there much to suggest that the new owners are any better intentioned than the last lot. I know little about them but their whole focus seems to remain in the states with the Red Sox.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this as i think its far more important than whats currently going on with a greedy little Spaniard.

Edited by carmine

Davis Villa who is a better player was on form and less injury prone then Torres went for 40 million EURO 6 months ago.

Good point and very true.

That aside, is there much to suggest that the new owners are any better intentioned than the last lot. I know little about them but their whole focus seems to remain in the states with the Red Sox.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this as i think its far more important than whats currently going on with a greedy little Spaniard.

barcelona also don't have a benevolent billionaire bankrolling them. if abramovich wants him that badly now, in the january window, he pays the january tax which whacks more money on the fee.

Less injury prone sure. Better player? Depends on what criteria you go by. Not for me though.

Greedy little Spaniard is i think a little harsh. Not saying the timing of the transfer request wasn't bad, but who knows what exactly is going on behind the scenes, nor what has been said, what has been promised etc etc etc.

Greedy little Spaniard is i think a little harsh. Not saying the timing of the transfer request wasn't bad, but who knows what exactly is going on behind the scenes, nor what has been said, what has been promised etc etc etc.

i think his negative body language has been giving the "come and get me" for quite a while now.

i also think David Villa is a better striker than Torres. he's also higher in the pecking order for the national team it would seem. I'd find it hard to believe the deal won't go through on about 45m and Chelsea, being somewhat desperate will have paid over the odds.

Then again, we live in a world where a club will pay 24m for Darren Bent

One way or another Torres is going to be a very expensive acquisition for Chelsea.

Lets say they pay 45m + 45m 4.5 year contract. At the end of it he will be 31 and valued at say 15m.

His total cost is therefore 30 + 45 = 75 / 4.5 years = 16.6m/year. That is close to 10% of Liverpools annual revenues. (When they last won the title their entire annual wage bill was 5.4m.)

And Torres cost Liverpool less than nothing as his profit more than covered all his costs.

Less injury prone sure. Better player? Depends on what criteria you go by. Not for me though.

Premiership proven is the key!

Jeez just saw we have bid as much as 30M for Carrol! Just goes to show hey...Bent went for how much? 24 M!

January Madness!

One way or another Torres is going to be a very expensive acquisition for Chelsea.

Lets say they pay 45m + 45m 4.5 year contract. At the end of it he will be 31 and valued at say 15m.

His total cost is therefore 30 + 45 = 75 / 4.5 years = 16.6m/year. That is close to 10% of Liverpools annual revenues. (When they last won the title their entire annual wage bill was 5.4m.)

And Torres cost Liverpool less than nothing as his profit more than covered all his costs.

I think it would be a terrible bit of business for Chelsea to buy him for 50 million quid or anything like that figure, given his age and his injuries history. Better for them to let him see out the season uncomfortably at Anfield and go back for him in the summer for a lot less. He may even be injured before then.

That would also deprive King Kenny of valuable rebuilding money, although it is questionable whether he would be handed them all anyway. He may be gone himself in May if results don't go his way, so great uncertainty surrounds the club whichever way the Torres deal goes.

An unconnected point, I have heard a rumour that NESV may try to flip the club in the summer, which would be a great bit of business - for them.

Edited by sharecropper

I think it would be a terrible bit of business for Chelsea to buy him for 50 million quid or anything like that figure, given his age and injuries. Better for them to let him see out the season uncomfortably at Anfield and go back for him in the summer for a lot less. He may even be injured before then.

That would also deprive King Kenny of valuable rebuilding costs, although it is questionable whether he would be handed them all anyway. He may be gone himself in May if results don't go his way, so great uncertainty surrounds the club whichever way the Torres deal goes.

An unconnected point, I have heard a rumour that NESV may try to flip the club in the summer, which would be a great bit of business - for them.

For a moment you was almost making sense, then the Blue Bitter side had to come out and ruin it :lol:

I think it would be a terrible bit of business for Chelsea to buy him for 50 million quid or anything like that figure, given his age and injuries. Better for them to let him see out the season uncomfortably at Anfield and go back for him in the summer for a lot less. He may even be injured before then.

That would also deprive King Kenny of valuable rebuilding costs, although it is questionable whether he would be handed them all anyway. He may be gone himself in May if results don't go his way, so great uncertainty surrounds the club whichever way the Torres deal goes.

For a moment you was almost making sense, then the Blue Bitter side had to come out and ruin it :lol:

Hmm. What would Shakespeare say about this. Probably:

Always Blue :(

Always Bitter :angry:

But now the Reds

Are in the shitter. :lol::P

Jeez just saw we have bid as much as 30M for Carrol! Just goes to show hey...Bent went for how much? 24 M!

January Madness!

I doubt they were thinking too much along those lines. Carrol's, 22, and with a decent haircut will scrub up very nicely. They have just lost Torres. In a couple of years there is a fair chance Carrol will get the England number 9 shirt and he would fit very well at the front of the new 'England' Liverpool image. He looks very marketable when he grows up in a couple of years. He is hardly David Beckham but he has virtually no competition.

There is a report they have just agreed a deal at 35m - more than Rooney. I think Rooney is probably a better footballer, so it is presumably fair to say that they are buying him because he is better looking. Or they could simply be insane.

Edited by Abrak

January Madness!

I doubt they were thinking too much along those lines. Carrol's, 22, and with a decent haircut will scrub up very nicely. They have just lost Torres. In a couple of years there is a fair chance Carrol will get the England number 9 shirt and he would fit very well at the front of the new 'England' Liverpool image. He looks very marketable when he grows up in a couple of years. He is hardly David Beckham but he has virtually no competition.

There is a report they have just agreed a deal at 35m - more than Rooney. I think Rooney is probably a better footballer, so it is presumably fair to say that they are buying him because he is better looking. Or they could simply be insane.

35m for Carrol! They've gone mad. But they will power up the table (or at least definitely not get relegated, and maybe make the Europa again) to make an eminently flippable prospect.

January Madness!

Youre joking, you trying to tell me being a top player in the Spanish League, European Cup winner, Spanish international is not as good a criteria as being Premiership proven ... Villa is a lot better then Torres of that there is no question.

January Madness!

Youre joking, you trying to tell me being a top player in the Spanish League, European Cup winner, Spanish international is not as good a criteria as being Premiership proven ... Villa is a lot better then Torres of that there is no question.

David Villa is 10 times the Player Torres currently is & even if Torres were to be at his best, you'd be hard pressed to see too many people outside of Merseyside ( ro soon to be West London ) that said he wasn't ..

Torres, ove rthe past 12 Months, has been sh*t..

His body language has said it all..

The deal has stalled due to probs over his image rights apparently but Chelsea still confident it'll go through, fcukign image rights...:rolleyes:

David Villa is 10 times the Player Torres currently is & even if Torres were to be at his best, you'd be hard pressed to see too many people outside of Merseyside ( ro soon to be West London ) that said he wasn't ..

In the next 18 months Carroll will be proven to be better then Torres.

Wonder if having Englands most expensive player will enable them to fill up the ground in future or take a few more fans away to stadia only a few miles down the road.... big club my ass!

LFC and NUFC just agreed on carrol and on his way for medical according to bbc website now

35 million? Lot of money for an unproven player.

They'll be looking a bit sick if Torres doesn't go.

BRING BACK BENITEZ