Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I reckon the Mancs in their Song were right after all ..:D

Is that the "In your Liverpool slum one"?

There's no " reckoning " about that is there ?? :D

One Million Pound plus per every Goal of his career to put Carroll in the top 10 Transfer fee's of all time..

Beyond a joke..

One Million Pound plus per every Goal of his career to put Carroll in the top 10 Transfer fee's of all time..

Beyond a joke..

Its a lot but this kid could be better then Shearer imho, he is literally unstoppable at times.

Id sooner keep him then have 35 million for Pardew to buy Crouch with.

Beyond a joke..

Its a lot but this kid could be better then Shearer imho, he is literally unstoppable at times.

Id sooner keep him then have 35 million for Pardew to buy Crouch with.

You can have Crutchie for half that. :D

Less than one year ago this club was spending 30-40 M on servicing our debt.

What a turn around now were spending 30-40 m on players! and that's all you can ask for from the owners!

So far so good FSG... Two massive signings that.

What a turn around now were spending 30-40 m on players! and that's all you can ask for from the owners!

Aye on the face of it good business. Carroll is a BIG risk though at that price.....

Yeah, Carroll's 6'4 Inches, i'll give you that..

So far so good, they've sold Torres & spent 60 odd Million on a Player who has scored less Goals than the indiviual Millions of his Transfer Fee & a Uruguayan who has spent the last few Seasons playing in the League that made Alfonzo Alves look the part..

I do admire your optimism Dev, you're in absolute Cuckooland & wouldn't recognise the truth if it hit you in teh face but i do admire your optimism..:D

Add to that that you've got a Manager in charge until the end of the Season ( how on Earth can they spend 60m when that's teh situation ?? ) that gets a win at Wolves & all of a sudden the Club's turned round & " so far so good " would be the furthest thing from my mind if i was a Liverpool Fan..

Your Club is bordering on a joke at the moement Gentlemen me thinks, jing jing..

Youll still be whining next season if youre not in the top few though as Liverpool fans are glory hunters and nothing more as your attendances after 1 bad season and having owners who didnt spend 100s of millions clearly show, its the old victim status scouser thing!

Man U used to get 50 odd thousand in the 80s when they were going nowhere and crowds overall where lower, something Liverpuddle have failed to emulate after 1 bad season and have shown themselves up for what they are .

Edited by Englander

Yeah, Carroll's 6'4 Inches, i'll give you that..

So far so good, they've sold Torres & spent 60 odd Million on a Player who has scored less Goals than the indiviual Millions of his Transfer Fee & a Uruguayan who has spent the last few Seasons playing in the League that made Alfonzo Alves look the part..

I do admire your optimism Dev, you're in absolute Cuckooland & wouldn't recognise the truth if it hit you in teh face but i do admire your optimism..:D

Add to that that you've got a Manager in charge until the end of the Season ( how on Earth can they spend 60m when that's teh situation ?? ) that gets a win at Wolves & all of a sudden the Club's turned round & " so far so good " would be the furthest thing from my mind if i was a Liverpool Fan..

Your Club is bordering on a joke at the moement Gentlemen me thinks, jing jing..

That's two of my posts you have gone on your ramblings - read before you type hey Singh...

1. Prem Proven - related to the fee Torres is getting from a Prem Club, not a debate on who is better????

2. 60M on players instead of servicing our debt which the last owners were doing... what the fu_k has that got to do with Kenny? Wolves win? and Alves??? by the way FSG is Fenway Sports Groups in case that confused you <_<

3. Joke - West Ham what a embarrassment the club is now!

35m for a 21 year old pikey who's a proven woman woman beater but unproven on the football field. Scary piece of business that.

Think Suarez was a great buy and will do very well though.

Edited by carmine

Carroll is not a massive signing Dev

Your club has spent massive money on an unproven player though. Thats all thats massive about it.

What the f***? Just got online after working all day here, looks like I've missed an amazing day. Carroll for 35 million pounds? Had a great season but, c'mon, really? 35 million?

Torres gone to Chelsea, the new villain for Liverpool fans (a least for me)?

What the hell? I'm spinning right now, just need to do a bunch of reading online now and catch up on all this, still in a state of shock, really...

What the f***? Just got online after working all day here, looks like I've missed an amazing day. Carroll for 35 million pounds? Had a great season but, c'mon, really? 35 million?

Torres gone to Chelsea, the new villain for Liverpool fans (a least for me)?

What the hell? I'm spinning right now, just need to do a bunch of reading online now and catch up on all this, still in a state of shock, really...

I think we are all spinning jimjim 35 mill for andy carroll does dalglish know what he is doing?

35m for Andy Carroll makes 24m for darren Bent look like a very good piece of business.

At £50m Liverpool got a great deal for Torres.....Suarez is good value at £23m but of the other two strikers moving for silly money won't make much difference to their teams imo.

In reality L'pool have only spent £8m...and couldn't prize Adam from Blackpool so you have to wonder how much cash King Kenny was given after all.....?

One thing that yesterday strongly suggests I would have thought is that Kenny is likely to become the permanent manager. I think the owners would have waited until the summer to reinvest if they were still very likely to change.

Carroll is looks very expensive if you are expecting the same football return from him on a pound for pound basis as Torres over the short term. If FSG was going to stop investing in the team then Carroll is a crazy investment. And remember they havent even begun to tackle the areas that really need investment like the wings and the backs. But they are clearly looking a longer term returns and goals.

As for Andy Carroll's marketing potential here is a picture after a shave and a shower....

andy-c.jpg

And for those people who think that FSG would possible pay 30m for David Villa who is 30 because he is a considerably better proven footballer than Carroll, you simply have a totally different concept and time frame about what they actually consider value (and risk).

Edited by Abrak

Dev, read what ?? :D

I read more sensible things in the Mr Men Books i read to my Daughter before she goes to sleep, more truthful too, than your Posts..

& you pull me because you don't think Kenny has anythign to do with this, then bring West Ham into it which isn't hypocritical at all no...:D

Good one Dev, give Cuckooland my love..

Edited by MSingh

Carroll is not a massive signing Dev

Your club has spent massive money on an unproven player though. Thats all thats massive about it.

Carroll is 6'4, Suarez is 5'2' in High Heels..

& you pull me because you don't think Kenny has anything to do with this

It has been made very clear from the very start that the Manager was not going to be given sole responsibility for recruitment of players at Liverpool under FSG. I am sure that Kenny has a lot of input. Typically managers do not do well for a number reasons - they are given a fixed transfer budget and a total wage constraint this tends to lead to them signing older players on long contracts who produce most early on and who are valued less because their value will diminish. So older players are grossly overvalued because managers choose short term returns.

One of the problems with G&H is that they had absolutely no clue so while initially they spent on players when they didnt see returns they stopped. FSG clearly have some very strong ideas over how to create value over and above what the player might add to the team over the next year. Obviously Carroll may end up in jail but it is their money and their risk. Look ultimate risk in football is paying 30m for Schevchenko at 30 on 200k a week because their is no upside to the gamble and guaranteed downside - it is mere stupidity.

Now I agree that Carroll is a big gamble and needs to be a long term investment to pay off. But professional owners like FSG will spend far more making their own gambles than handing them over to someone else.

& you pull me because you don't think Kenny has anything to do with this

It has been made very clear from the very start that the Manager was not going to be given sole responsibility for recruitment of players at Liverpool under FSG. I am sure that Kenny has a lot of input. Typically managers do not do well for a number reasons - they are given a fixed transfer budget and a total wage constraint this tends to lead to them signing older players on long contracts who produce most early on and who are valued less because their value will diminish. So older players are grossly overvalued because managers choose short term returns.

One of the problems with G&H is that they had absolutely no clue so while initially they spent on players when they didnt see returns they stopped. FSG clearly have some very strong ideas over how to create value over and above what the player might add to the team over the next year. Obviously Carroll may end up in jail but it is their money and their risk. Look ultimate risk in football is paying 30m for Schevchenko at 30 on 200k a week because their is no upside to the gamble and guaranteed downside - it is mere stupidity.

Now I agree that Carroll is a big gamble and needs to be a long term investment to pay off. But professional owners like FSG will spend far more making their own gambles than handing them over to someone else.

You arguement is rather discredited by drawing the ridiculous comparison of the Shevchenko transfer, who is a mate of Abramovich btw. Far more to that bit of business. That aside, Damien really negotiated a sharp deal for his latest find did'nt he. :D

Why is nobody accusing them of ruining the game ? Sort of like they seem to want to accuse MCFC of doing . Hypocrites

Football was ruined a long time before little cith came along.

You arguement is rather discredited by drawing the ridiculous comparison of the Shevchenko transfer, who is a mate of Abramovich btw. Far more to that bit of business. That aside, Damien really negotiated a sharp deal for his latest find did'nt he. :D

It is not. There is massive statistical evidence of the subject. Older players are generally overvalued. Also very unproven younger players with lots of potential are often over invested.

Just take a typical statement 'How can Carroll possibly be worth more than David Villa?'.

Well David Villa moved for about 35m at 29 and say 150k a week the next 4 years. Your depreciation value on the purchase price is at least 6m a year while by the end of the 4 years he is not really representing performance value. Essentially if we assume that in 5 years time Carroll is locked up for life and is worthless then Villa will have represented far better value by playing far better for only sligtly more with both having a zero terminal value. However even if Carroll is only worth as little as 25m he will have been by far the better buy.

But genuinely I would rather apply that argument to justifying very high prices for Suarez or say Torres when he was bought. A lot of value and risk in Carrol is not football related. It is pretty obvious if he didnt play football he would probably currently be locked up in jail. I think FSG are prepared to take a very big 'marketing' risk because their might be a big pay off.

Only a Liverpool fan could burn a Torres shirt after landing a staggering 50 million for him, and STILL think they are victims of something. (see photo at top of article - link below).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8293292/Fernando-Torres-set-for-Chelsea-medical-after-Liverpool-accept-45-million-offer.html