Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

There was more than 12 points worth of games last year that could have went our way and didn't, "improve dramatically" is an overstatement.

I'm sure every team can say that and i'm sure there was a few games that you should have lost and won !

How can you actually comment about what new signings have done for a team when they haven't even started training yet?

So do you think the new signings will improve the team enough to make up 12 points ?

Also who says we are finished signing new players?

Maybe your not but your going to need to buy players of a better quality than you have bought of recent.

Suarez won't be playing for Liverpool next season.

Then your in even deeper shit !

Edited by alfieconn

Suarez is not necessarily off but he might be. But even if he does stay you will lose your best player for the first nine games

Shit! What else has he done? Last I heard it was ten games (4 of which he has already missed) That leaves 6, including League Cup matches.

Suarez is not necessarily off but he might be. But even if he does stay you will lose your best player for the first nine games

Shit! What else has he done? Last I heard it was ten games (4 of which he has already missed) That leaves 6, including League Cup matches.

Bit feeble that response mate. You know the point i was making. OK, six games it is and the only other thing he's done is dick your club around something chronic over a transfer and considering all the support he's been shown i'd say he's shown himself up as a right little shit wouldn't you?

Alfies not trolling he's being objective Bob. Twelve points is a big gap to close and every team cann talk about games that could have gone differently couldn't they. Fact is, they didn't and thats that. In all likelihood the top five will all be strengthening too so and at least two of them could well be spending big.

Secondly Gerard is still a talisman and still a very fine player but he is one year older and will have to be used more sparingly.

Suarez is not necessarily off but he might be. But even if he does stay you will lose your best player for the first nine games and whilst you win ratio last season was good when you were without him would you like to bet on that being the case again?

I can't see where the troll is here.

alright I'd just woken up I'll retract the trolling, but i'm sticking with the tosh.

12 points with games going either way or 2 places up a ladder does not require "dramatic improvement", 28 points I'd say yes.

Gerard is on the other side now, and that is why we are on the verge of paying 25 MLN for an attacking central midfielder. If we don't land him, it is obvious our intention is to fill this position. Talisman or not the team was less reliant on him last season than in the past and obviously that needs to keep going.

Suarez is as good as gone, the sooner the better. If it is last minute then we may be hurt by it, but if it is resolved early July I think we'll be fine.

I think it is better to judge these things when the teams line up August, Alfie was jumping the gun a bit.

Obviously I'm an optimistic fan, and I will always defend my club with my brilliant opinion especially when we are called bin dippers.thumbsup.gif

... if in doubt pull the Suarez card out!..

........& rinse & repeat.

Roll on 17th August,not that much will change on here ,the endless armchair speculation will continue but at least there will be facts/stats/results etc, with accompanying t.v pictures /live evidence to talk about

So do you think the new signings will improve the team enough to make up 12 points ?

I can't say yet, as we haven't finished buying or selling

Maybe your not but your going to need to buy players of a better quality than you have bought of recent.

Too early to say as we are not done yet and not sure on Alberto yet, but they don't usually handout the No. 9 jersey (Aspas) to squad players (Carroll acceptation) and Simon Mignolet was on of the best keepers in the League last season

Why?

Haha so with not knowing fully who will and won't be lining up for us next year, you basically have written us off completely in June. brilliant. I'm really dreading the "difficult season" ahead already

Edited by BangrakBob

I'm looking forward to this season. Some new players in, who should make the team more exciting and attacking. A new goalkeeper, and an experienced player to step, in if needed, at the back.

If Suarez goes ...so be it. personally I want him to stay but the runes seem to be saying he's off (only rumors but a lot of them). We arde already buying others who can attack. i would just like to see us buy a world class defender, as that's where I think we need to work the most.

Unlike many I agree 12 points is a lot, but I see no reason we can't get higher in the league. Moyes has gone so Everton will be rocky , If Bale goes Spurs will be at 80%. Moyes has arrived so manu will be rocky and are fergieless so could crash and burn, Moriniho will play the old guard until he loses too many poiints, and God knows what Arsenal will be up to. Happy days as who knows maybe all the other teams will drop 12 more points. Yes my glass is half full, but my apetite is growing by the day.biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Too early to say as we are not done yet and not sure on Alberto yet, but they don't usually handout the No. 9 jersey (Aspas) to squad players (Carroll acceptation) and Simon Mignolet was on of the best keepers in the League last season

Why?

Haha so with not knowing fully who will and won't be lining up for us next year, you basically have written us off completely in June. brilliant. I'm really dreading the "difficult season" ahead already

You ain't stopped praising him all season and now your not worried about losing him, unbelievable cheesy.gif

Why?

You ain't stopped praising him all season and now your not worried about losing him, unbelievable cheesy.gif

He's a brilliant player, but the drama that comes with we can do with out. For the right amount of money we can reinvest well. Arsenal were no worse off last season without RVP is a good example of a team adjusting to losing such a great player. i wouldn't be concerned if i was a spurs fan and you got a windfall for Bale, it might work out for the better, you could spend the money on a well balanced team rather than having such a reliance on one player.

Why?

He's a brilliant player, but the drama that comes with we can do with out. For the right amount of money we can reinvest well. Arsenal were no worse off last season without RVP is a good example of a team adjusting to losing such a great player. i wouldn't be concerned if i was a spurs fan and you got a windfall for Bale, it might work out for the better, you could spend the money on a well balanced team rather than having such a reliance on one player.

Arsenak were no worst off 40.gif Rvp scores 30 goals the season before last and last season his replacement scores 11 goals, this is getting worst than the Utd thread for talking rubbish and bias views smile.png

Footnote : how did Arsenal adjust then ? i though they just carried on without him rolleyes.gif

Edited by alfieconn

^ He has a point. Arse with RVP 2011/12 = 70 pts. Arse without RVP 2012/13 = 73 pts. Both times 1 point more than Spurs. Didn't miss him that much then.

So did they challenge for the title last season ? whos to say they would have done if they still had him !

Edited by alfieconn

Alfies not trolling he's being objective Bob. Twelve points is a big gap to close and every team cann talk about games that could have gone differently couldn't they. Fact is, they didn't and thats that. In all likelihood the top five will all be strengthening too so and at least two of them could well be spending big.

Secondly Gerard is still a talisman and still a very fine player but he is one year older and will have to be used more sparingly.

Suarez is not necessarily off but he might be. But even if he does stay you will lose your best player for the first nine games and whilst you win ratio last season was good when you were without him would you like to bet on that being the case again?

alright I'd just woken up I'll retract the trolling, but i'm sticking with the tosh.

12 points with games going either way or 2 places up a ladder does not require "dramatic improvement", 28 points I'd say yes.

Gerard is on the other side now, and that is why we are on the verge of paying 25 MLN for an attacking central midfielder. If we don't land him, it is obvious our intention is to fill this position. Talisman or not the team was less reliant on him last season than in the past and obviously that needs to keep going.

Suarez is as good as gone, the sooner the better. If it is last minute then we may be hurt by it, but if it is resolved early July I think we'll be fine.

I think it is better to judge these things when the teams line up August, Alfie was jumping the gun a bit.

Obviously I'm an optimistic fan, and I will always defend my club with my brilliant opinion especially when we are called bin dippers.thumbsup.gif

Whos that then ? i think your dreaming if you think that they are going to pay 25m for anyone ! perhaps if they lose Suarez but i doubt it.

Anyone going to Liverpool game in BKK?,booking my tickets today,plenty left by all accounts.

After living in Thailand for nearly 10 years,this is the first time I've got to see us in BKK,any suggestions for good places to bevvy before and after the game?

Thanks in advance.

PST.

I'm not a wool honest.

PST.

^ He has a point. Arse with RVP 2011/12 = 70 pts. Arse without RVP 2012/13 = 73 pts. Both times 1 point more than Spurs. Didn't miss him that much then.

So did they challenge for the title last season ? whos to say they would have done if they still had him !

My point was as wilai has said, my point was in response to your point that we were in "deep shit" if Suarez left, my point was Arsenal didn't fall apart and finish any worse off in the league without RVP as an example. Whether they challenged for the title or not is not the point, they actually finished with 3 more points, FACT. Christ I am going to have spell every point out for you?

Edited by BangrakBob

Whos that then ? i think your dreaming if you think that they are going to pay 25m for anyone ! perhaps if they lose Suarez but i doubt it.

Do your own search if you're interested. So I'm dreaming but it might happen, brilliant again clap2.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

Do your own search if you're interested. So I'm dreaming but it might happen, brilliant again clap2.gif

Mkhitaryan ! who apparently was in London earlier in the week whistling.gif

That's him apparently he does want to sign for us but apparently the Russians have come in with a ridiculous bid.

He's gone awol, no one knows where he is. The pics of him in London are being passed off as recent but they are from the Chelsea match last season.

^ Make you wrong on that one Bob. After all, it is that time of year again, when Spurs scouts come back from their holidays and head straight to LFC forums to hijack deals.

Not unlike TV really. Hope they identify themselves for next year's FPL so I can kick their <deleted>...again!!!

• Like 2

^ Make you wrong on that one Bob. After all, it is that time of year again, when Spurs scouts come back from their holidays and head straight to LFC forums to hijack deals.

Not unlike TV really. Hope they identify themselves for next year's FPL so I can kick their <deleted>...again!!!

Are Spurs actually after him as well then?

^ Yep. Quelle Surprise!! Baldini is good mates with Raiola (who Micky Ryan is using to facilitate the move). Expect them to move soon (especially if Monkey gets his way.)Another goalscoring midfielder. Where will they fit them all? Demps, Siggy and now Micky as well. Although he prefers LFC, the deal is being run by Raiola. He is the boss!!

Anyway...Breaking news. LFC interested in Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora. Ha ha...that should keep the spuds busy for a while 55555!

^ Yep. Quelle Surprise!! Baldini is good mates with Raiola (who Micky Ryan is using to facilitate the move). Expect them to move soon (especially if Monkey gets his way.)Another goalscoring midfielder. Where will they fit them all? Demps, Siggy and now Micky as well. Although he prefers LFC, the deal is being run by Raiola. He is the boss!!

Anyway...Breaking news. LFC interested in Carlton Cole and Bobby Zamora. Ha ha...that should keep the spuds busy for a while 55555!

aah sh*te....this post has disappointed me 3 times biggrin.png

If Artur Petrosyan is anything to go by Henrikh is on his way to Anfield

That's him apparently he does want to sign for us but apparently the Russians have come in with a ridiculous bid.

He's gone awol, no one knows where he is. The pics of him in London are being passed off as recent but they are from the Chelsea match last season.

Why wouldn't he biggrin.png

article-2350604-1A8A73D2000005DC-278_634

Looks like you bought yerselves a keeper who Ate All The Pies!! laugh.png

With that wingspan I'm surprised he ever allows a goal.tongue.png

I think the idea is to get Reina AND Mignolet in the shirt at the same time. Premier Leagues first 2 headed keeper.laugh.png

Why wouldn't he biggrin.png

Of course I'm sure as young lad he must have been dreaming of one day being signed by Spurs smile.png