Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

4 hour drive today through the desert, so had TalkSport on the radio and Christian Purslow was on. Don't know what you guys think of him but he came across as an extremely knowledgeable, articulate gentleman. Not heard him interviewed before and I must say, I was impressed.

Why is he no longer part of the board?

he's a gigantic self-regarding <deleted> who should be chased out of the game by a mob with pitchforks and flaming torches. the self-proclaimed 'fernando torres of finance' who threw £100k a week at joe cole and overruled manager rafa benitez who said he didn't want the injury-prone, washed up cole. purslow is all front, all smarm and absolutely no substance. he can <deleted> right off.

Surely that can't be all he did wrong stevie. There isn't a club in the land who haven't bought a duffer at some point. From my understanding it was Purslow who secured the 80million quid 4 year shirt deal with standard chartered and he stood up to Hicks and Gillett and voted against them to sell the club to NESV. For which they tried to remove him but he stayed a pushed the sale through. Without him you may still be owned by those two.

Maybe (probably) I don't know the full story but I was still impressed with his knowledge of not just Liverpool but the game and the operations of other clubs as a whole. It was quite enlightening.

4 hour drive today through the desert, so had TalkSport on the radio and Christian Purslow was on. Don't know what you guys think of him but he came across as an extremely knowledgeable, articulate gentleman. Not heard him interviewed before and I must say, I was impressed.

laugh.png Are you trying to start a riot on here? He's as popular as the plague

Looks like you stomped on a hornet's nest MrB !biggrin.png

Looks like it Jelly. It's a bit like Garry Cook to me. I hated the git and he was always coming out and spouting off and messing up but I have to give him credit for what he helped City to achieve. Under Shinawatra, we were almost broke and borrowing money against future TV rights to put down deposits on players. John Wardle was also helping us to pay players wages. Cook was a key player in selling the whole idea to Mansour, so I give him credit for that.

SWING BILL - 66-1

Trainer: David Pipe, Jockey: Conor O’Farrell

This old warhorse surprised us all finishing 6th last year. At 13, he’s getting on a bit but a lower weight might entice the dreamers.

Each Way.thumbsup.gif

Not sure about Sunday though.

facepalm.gif

Mate, i can't help thinking you're a little bored or certainly getting a little over excited!! Its like ok, actually quite good but its just a tackle!!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Flanno (The Red Cafuwink.png)tackling Soldado ibuQwLm6Uh6w2w.gif

For a high spirited, rambunctious young fellow Flanagan has only picked up two yellow cards and no reds so far this season. He's due.wai2.gif ..sooner rather than later, please.biggrin.png

Mate, i can't help thinking you're a little bored or certainly getting a little over excited!! Its like ok, actually quite good but its just a tackle!!biggrin.png

Course I'm deleted bored! Thunderstorm in Ban Chang, no golf today, and our game isn't until tomorrow. Might even have to go watch the bloody Lego movie with the little fella this pmbah.gif

laugh.png Are you trying to start a riot on here? He's as popular as the plague

His account has been hacked by the "Say no to the Decline Thread" mob.....

In Flanno I see a Carra ,heart,spirit,team ethos and a will to tackle hard and" get the frick on with it ye poof attitude". love players like him.

yeah agree, there's a lot of a young carragher in there. loads of commitment and the lad just looks so grateful to have made it as a pro. hope flanagan's going to have a good career with us.

• Like 2

And the donut of the day award goes to Duncan Castles (Times)

Manchester City are ready to make a “huge investment” in extracting Luis Suarez from Liverpool should their forward line require restructuring this summer. The Uruguay international is aware of the the interest from City and other leading European clubs and will make a decision on his future over the Premier League close season.

Conscious that Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko may ask to leave the Abu Dhabi-owned club this summer, director of football Txiki Begiristain has identified Suarez as his priority target for the position. He believes the release clause included in the contract the Uruguayan signed at Liverpool in December makes a transfer viable if the player elects to move on.

Suarez wanted to exit Anfield last summer and was infuriated by the refusal of Liverpool's American owners to honour a contractual agreement that he could join a Champions League meeting a fixed transfer fee. Last month, John W Henry confirmed that Suarez at that point "had a buyout clause of £40m”, which he and other decision makers within Fenway Sports Group chose to renege on.

FSG's intransigence over a bid from Arsenal provoked a dispute between Suarez and Brendan Rodgers in which the manager publicly accused him of “total disrespect of the club – a club that has given him everything” and instructed the striker to train alone. Subsequent comments about the team's effectiveness while Suarez completed a 10-match suspension further angered the South American, who friends say regards his outstanding play this season as “a personal revenge” on Rodgers.

I hate my boss....so I will go out, play well, score lots of goals, make him look great and sign a new contractclap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif . You couldn't make it up, although in this case.......For the record, Castles is a good mate of Jose's and has no contacts at Man City. Make of that what you willwink.png

• Like 1

it's surreal that. mental journalism. yes, brendan must be livid about suarez's 'revenge' of over a goal a game making brendan rodgers look really good and the team play miles better. what vengeance. a dish best served cold. duncan castles should be utterly embarrassed by that.

• Like 2

No Agger for us today, injured. Sakho in for him. Allen in for Coutinho as well apparently.

I hope Sturridge and Suarez don't get injured today and put them out for the rest of the season tongue.png

I thought I was Mr. Schadenfreude.biggrin.png

• Like 1