Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Interesting that everything I read about us in the transfer market (I know it is only speculation) seems to be about attacking minded players. I hope that our main focus is on defense. Even though we may be without Suarez, we still need a more solid backline and support.

w00t.gif

Maybe Lukaku? About 35mil they reckon.

I tell ya that Borini looks about ready to take over from suarez, watched him a 3 /4 times in the last fewi sh weeks and the boys come on leaps and bounds , quality.

Are you having a laugh? He's average and at best not even a bench warmer. We will need better than that next year. If anything we should be able to get a few mil more for shifting borini in the summer.

We should make a bid for Ross Barkely.

I take it you've watched borini recently? and best not get carried away with thoughts of 'larging' it on the spending front ,during a spell that rodgers was lauded as reigning the wage bill in and getting 'value' in the transfer market , didn't you run at a loss of 80 mil?,now that your in Europe,you'll be held accountable to ffp.

Interesting that everything I read about us in the transfer market (I know it is only speculation) seems to be about attacking minded players. I hope that our main focus is on defense. Even though we may be without Suarez, we still need a more solid backline and support.

w00t.gif

I tell ya that Borini looks about ready to take over from suarez, watched him a 3 /4 times in the last fewi sh weeks and the boys come on leaps and bounds , quality.

Are you having a laugh? He's average and at best not even a bench warmer. We will need better than that next year. If anything we should be able to get a few mil more for shifting borini in the summer.

I take it you've watched borini recently? and best not get carried away with thoughts of 'larging' it on the spending front ,during a spell that rodgers was lauded as reigning the wage bill in and getting 'value' in the transfer market , didn't you run at a loss of 80 mil?,now that your in Europe,you'll be held accountable to ffp.

A lot of that was due to having to remove dross that wasn't good enough from kenny and Hodgsen.

Liverpool are in good hands don't worry about that.

I tell you what though, I haven't seen much of Borini but he seems to be doing the business at Sunderland, and as for Sterling, well everybody is now raving about him.

So me point is, some players improve and become superstars. Bale is a good example.

Not saying Borini is in that class but sometimes players can come on and really surprise you.

w00t.gif

A lot of that was due to having to remove dross that wasn't good enough from kenny and Hodgsen.

Exactly what bo and co said last year

Exactly what bo and co said last year

Wrong. A large chunk of that will be written off. Wage exclusion, Youth & Community Spend & exclusions. They will pass easily.

And once in the Champions League, the additional £25-50 million annual revenue should help them comply in future years.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1987144-liverpool-and-financial-fair-play-how-it-affects-their-champions-league-hopes

Read

• Like 1

£44mil debt free needs to be shoved in by 31/12/14 as it stands at the moment.

I am not entirely sure about UNITED's proposed spend of 200 mil this coming window places them. Presumably if they are planning to spend it they know the score.

Has it been clarified what Liverpool CAN spend to stay inside FFP?

Just asking, not stirring.

I am not entirely sure about UNITED's proposed spend of 200 mil this coming window places them. Presumably if they are planning to spend it they know the score.

Not sure tbh and I think a lot of Liverpool fans will be asking the same thing. They may well secure some more sponsorships in light of their recent step up which could add to cash flow.

• Like 1

w00t.gif

nah carroll and co were bought b4 that 80 mil started and u would have been h at least able to write the initial capital cost down so loss was break even ish and the wages were only their for hardly a year, and as always players were brought in to make the squad no's up, and were heralded as supposedly given better value, but still you managed to lose 80 mil, hardly justifies 'in good hands' Oh and if i recall Dodgson hardly splashed the cash came out about even stevens And again 'were in good hands' was basically what bo and co said last year, lets just hope that you don't become an embarrassment to English footie that man city by flagrantly breaking the ffp rules have become.

Not sure tbh and I think a lot of Liverpool fans will be asking the same thing. They may well secure some more sponsorships in light of their recent step up which could add to cash flow.

Ok matey. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Getting into CL will generate big revenue so maybe that will free things up.

Spend in the summer doesn't look too compromised. Your boys will know the score.

Fair play,, Let's hope they re right, but still based on a couple of years when you are said to have reigned things in, and still looks borderline as i said

don't get to carried away about larging it in the transfer market, from history rodgers is more likely to go for value rather than atm 'christmas tree

so called star performers'

I think Rogers will continue to target value for money players but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for at least 1 or 2 big names.

FFp being enforced is one of the main reasons FSG bought Liverpool so I fully expect them to have done their homework over what they can and can't spend. They tried to go for Willian, salah and mhyktarian but all chose other clubs as they offered CL football so at least the appetite is there. Time will tell.

• Like 1

I'm all in favour of a level playing field.

If UNITED can spend 200, Liverpool should be able to also.

Big difference this time round is Liverpool are in the CL and UNITED aren't.

I wonder how that happened.

thumbsup.gif

Was listening to ex real madrid chariman on a podcast the other week and he said a major the way rev increases is that through champs lge current sponsorship deals get more exposure so become more expensive ie more revenue. That 40 ish mil debt free that supposedly needs injecting it is i presume on top of breaking even? or carrying on losing money at the rate you are?

Was listening to ex real madrid chariman on a podcast the other week and he said a major the way rev increases is that through champs lge current sponsorship deals get more exposure so become more expensive ie more revenue. That 40 ish mil debt free that supposedly needs injecting it is i presume on top of breaking even? or carrying on losing money at the rate you are?

Not sure tbh mate I think it's on top of breaking even.

Big difference this time round is Liverpool are in the CL and UNITED aren't.

I wonder how that happened.

thumbsup.gif

I think a level playing field will make leagues so exciting year in year out. It's been a wierd season. UTD have basically swapped places with Liverpool last year. But I think UTD can get back there quick enough. If they go 2 seasons without CL football then it will become a big problem. How much drbt are man UTD in now?

I think Rogers will continue to target value for money players but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for at least 1 or 2 big names.

FFp being enforced is one of the main reasons FSG bought Liverpool so I fully expect them to have done their homework over what they can and can't spend. They tried to go for Willian, salah and mhyktarian but all chose other clubs as they offered CL football so at least the appetite is there. Time will tell.

And not forgetting the clubs out bid you on wages, when you bung abramo boys billion quid subbing of the chavs,ie turning debt into equity in the club makes the 90 mil lose chicken feed. But cant see the speculation around rodgers/liverpool being in for HUGE purchases holding much water as this year is the one your gonna have to REALLY tighten the belt

Hopefully their style of football will mean players are more determined to force through moves to us as opposed to clubs trying to over inflate prices. And tbh I don't want any mercenaries here. Should be an interesting summer with the World Cup.

think a level playing field will make leagues so exciting year in year out. It's been a wierd season. UTD have basically swapped places with Liverpool last year. But I think UTD can get back there quick enough. If they go 2 seasons without CL football then it will become a big problem. How much drbt are man UTD in now?

Not sure bout the debt well red, but 65 -70 00,000 through the gate every weekish gives them HUGE income possibilities but Yeah defo the levelling cant be a bad thing, but what aint been covered how the f--c can man city get away with breaking the rules for europe and the same rules not be applied to winning the prem? surely it should bring to question the validity of winning this years title or at least highlight the issue, as i sadi aint even been mentioned so far.

Edited by rijit

I take your point rijit.

Up to the FA to adopt FFP maybe.

At the moment Spurs are not constrained in any way unless they get into Europe.

Top 4 are. So a penalty imposed on City by UEFA is irrelevant to the prem.

If Spurs get into CL they will be scrutinised by UEFA.

Edited by P45Mustang
  • Like 1

I take your point rijit.

Up to the FA to adopt FFP maybe.

At the moment Spurs are not constrained in any way unless they get into Europe.

Top 4 are. So a penalty imposed on City by UEFA is irrelevant to the prem.

If Spurs get into CL they will be scrutinised by UEFA.

Think you'll find it could well apply to the Europa as well

but, lose 37 mil!!! just the thought would make levy ill. rest assured it aint gonna happen

there's an argument that when we got to the champs lge quarters cost far to much ie that year we lost 10? ish mil actually put levy off revisiting the comp, not a strong argument but still!!!

• Like 1

think a level playing field will make leagues so exciting year in year out. It's been a wierd season. UTD have basically swapped places with Liverpool last year. But I think UTD can get back there quick enough. If they go 2 seasons without CL football then it will become a big problem. How much drbt are man UTD in now?

Not sure bout the debt well red, but 65 -70 00,000 through the gate every weekish gives them HUGE income possibilities but Yeah defo the levelling cant be a bad thing, but what aint been covered how the f--c can man city get away with breaking the rules for europe and the same rules not be applied to winning the prem? surely it should bring to question the validity of winning this years title or at least highlight the issue, as i sadi aint even been mentioned so far.

Yes you would think such sanctions should apply both at home and in Europe. The game is broken in many ways. So tonight it came out that PSG only got a 20m fine? Not sure how uefa arrived at that.

There was also a discussion on 5live some time back saying Spanish teams have some loopholes around FFp although I can't recall any of the details.

Read this tonight. If true then football tewlly has gone mad. For lfc though should be good news in terms if end of season money.

Man City set for £95m in TV money if they win the league... and bottom side to earn more than United last season

The Premier League champions stand to rake in £95million from TV money this season while even the bottom club will earn £63million.

The huge value of new £5.5billion Premier League broadcast deals will be highlighted by the fact that whoever finishes bottom of the table on Sunday should earn more from TV money than the £60.8million Manchester United were paid after winning the league last season.

The new champions are expected to be paid £35million more, and the bottom club around £24million more than QPR earned after finishing bottom last season.

Daily mail

How do you work that out?

So by the same token, if Liverpool spend 200m then Norwich should be able to also.

Of course not. It's all about living within your means. At least that's how I understand it. So whether or not Liverpool can spend the same amount as United, depends on how much money the club is generating. If it generates more, it can spend more. If it generates less, it has to spend less. Same for all the clubs.

Just because one club spends x amount, doesn't mean all the other clubs have a right to spend that amount too.

• Like 2

If you had a choice between Barkley or Lallana?

oi bob!!! lfc wont ave a choice..... get back to your pools......... pretty bubbles in the airtongue.png

Yeah I think you might be right....it's the "pools" that has me guessing whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Not the littlewoods pools! swimming pools my friend!!!.............pretty bubbles in the air......last seen in nov 2012biggrin.png

• Like 1

How do you work that out?

So by the same token, if Liverpool spend 200m then Norwich should be able to also.

Of course not. It's all about living within your means. At least that's how I understand it. So whether or not Liverpool can spend the same amount as United, depends on how much money the club is generating. If it generates more, it can spend more. If it generates less, it has to spend less. Same for all the clubs.

Just because one club spends x amount, doesn't mean all the other clubs have a right to spend that amount too.

Point taken. Living within your means.

Which means Norwich will never ever be able to compete with City cos they don't have the wonga.

FFP does not seem to be the answer to levelling the playing field, if indeed that is what UEFA are trying to do?

There seems to be some doubt about that.

Borini??? 9 goals in 39 apps. Naaaaaahhhhhhh!!

Put him in a decent side where he gets good service, could be 18-20 a season?

He's not even the top scorer for Sunderland!!

• Like 2