Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Another 45 minutes of <deleted> ordinary football, not even one <deleted> shot

Absolutely Bob it is unbelievable Rodgers spent 120 mill & we have absolutely no

quality in the side Allen & Henderson especially , give us nothing in midfield . More

proof it was just Suarez & Sturridge that got us into the 2nd spot last . This is really awful to watch .

Sorry mate but thats just rubbish. Your a side out of form with a coach thats having to blend in a load of new players in the absence of your best striker and a world class player.

Add to that it was a team effort last season, not the work of just two.

Anyways, back to the game i think.

I think Mignolet is a real worry now. I have no confidence in him, he is too easily bullied in the box and slows down any counter attack from the back. We still lack any spark at all, and I can't help but think that BR is biding time until Sturridge comes back. If we win today then I will be very happy, as I don't expect any result from next week, but we should still be in touch even with a loss next week.

We need to be a lot more snappy and have the confidence to play up the park. We also need Stirling to be more involved, and making more runs in behind the backs. To be honest Newcastle aren't playing that well, but neither are we.

If Rodgers is waiting for Sturridge to come back and save the day I'm sure he will be dissapointed. This malaise appears to be much bigger than just Sturridge being out.

Doesn't help that Newcastle is obviously fired up today.

Sorry, but I believe Sturridge will make a huge difference. Not only will he take pressure off Balloteli, he will also make Stirling play better. It was obvious to me last season that Sturridge was the guy encouraging Stirling and was an outlet for the team.

I still think that we need to buy a massive personality in the team, somebody who will give momentum to everybody else. I actually think the players we have bought are good players, but they are for the next season or two. I think Johnson is a lost cause, but needs to replaced over this season, and that we need more players who can react and drive to the box. What we lacked today was a force of nature, and brilliant as gerrard was today (compared to the rest of the team) the guy cannot do everything.

All round I was disappointed, but i think we were there for the taking by a team on the up, while we continue to stagnate in mediocrity.

Without Sturridge out Sterling has got to play in the middle.Out on the right flank he was just not able to influence the game at all.

Whose up next RM ? The left back will get torn apart if he plays like he did tonight.

You bought a "personality" with a funny haircut but once again he failed to deliver as did most of his team mates.

What a strange season for results.A month ago you wouldn't have given Newcastle a chance.

I think Mignolet is a real worry now. I have no confidence in him, he is too easily bullied in the box and slows down any counter attack from the back. We still lack any spark at all, and I can't help but think that BR is biding time until Sturridge comes back. If we win today then I will be very happy, as I don't expect any result from next week, but we should still be in touch even with a loss next week.

We need to be a lot more snappy and have the confidence to play up the park. We also need Stirling to be more involved, and making more runs in behind the backs. To be honest Newcastle aren't playing that well, but neither are we.

If Rodgers is waiting for Sturridge to come back and save the day I'm sure he will be dissapointed. This malaise appears to be much bigger than just Sturridge being out.

Doesn't help that Newcastle is obviously fired up today.

Sorry, but I believe Sturridge will make a huge difference. Not only will he take pressure off Balloteli, he will also make Stirling play better. It was obvious to me last season that Sturridge was the guy encouraging Stirling and was an outlet for the team.

I still think that we need to buy a massive personality in the team, somebody who will give momentum to everybody else. I actually think the players we have bought are good players, but they are for the next season or two. I think Johnson is a lost cause, but needs to replaced over this season, and that we need more players who can react and drive to the box. What we lacked today was a force of nature, and brilliant as gerrard was today (compared to the rest of the team) the guy cannot do everything.

All round I was disappointed, but i think we were there for the taking by a team on the up, while we continue to stagnate in mediocrity.

Not having a go at Rodgers or Liverpool Nelly. Sturridge won't hurt to be sure, but it looks like the confidence level and teamwork from last season have dissappeared.

Still early though.

Without Sturridge out Sterling has got to play in the middle.Out on the right flank he was just not able to influence the game at all.

Whose up next RM ? The left back will get torn apart if he plays like he did tonight.

You bought a "personality" with a funny haircut but once again he failed to deliver as did most of his team mates.

What a strange season for results.A month ago you wouldn't have given Newcastle a chance.

Yes, the only reason that LFC are going to stand a chance of Europe is if these "strange results" continue.

Newcastle looked like a team with confidence and fought for every ball - deserved winners in the end.

We looked out of ideas, lacked any composure on the ball in midfield and any bite... Another individual defensive mistake zzz

No one looks capable of putting the ball in the net and we just don't seem to be able to open teams up (no pace) .

Madrid away then Chelsea - its going to get worse !

Newcastle looked like a team with confidence and fought for every ball - deserved winners in the end.

We looked out of ideas, lacked any composure on the ball in midfield and any bite... Another individual defensive mistake zzz

No one looks capable of putting the ball in the net and we just don't seem to be able to open teams up (no pace) .

Madrid away then Chelsea - its going to get worse !

thumbsup.gif

Rumour has it, Borini startin alongside Balo.

Lambert up top on his own then!

Every week theres a rumour about the team your putting out and every week it's wrong laugh.png

yeah, about the same credibility as your inane commentswink.png Sorry but i couldn't help that. I would love to see us work with 2 up front. Just because Sturrige is out doesn't mean we have to ignore the other strikers. It must be doing wonders for their confidenceblink.png

• Like 1

Well it seems buying loads of players doesn't guarantee success.

Maybe you've wasted it all....now wouldn't that be ironic?

the irony is purely because you are saying it. You seem to have a very short memorybiggrin.png

Well it seems buying loads of players doesn't guarantee success.

Maybe you've wasted it all....now wouldn't that be ironic?

the irony is purely because you are saying it. You seem to have a very short memorybiggrin.png

Your post a few pages ago having a pop at us after the Newcastle game rings in my ears Nelly....nothing wrong with my memory.

Suck it up buttercup....you're team has lost its best player and is in free fall just like what happened when we lost Bale.

I'm grasping at every little thing I can.

S'ok mate, we always play better against the good teams like Spurs........

OK, I'll get me coatbiggrin.png

Apologies...it was wilai....biggrin.png

Exactly. You will find that my comments are (generally) measured, and that i am not biased towards my own team (bless their hearts) or critical of other teams (bless their hearts too). What i dislike is supporters whose views are tainted by an unreasonable envy or dislike of other teams. it seems to me that football is very cyclic, and that what goes around comes around.

I have lived supporting Liverpool for too many years to remember, but I can still have a sensible conversation about football with anybody who wants to have one. I was watching some games the other night that were all Spurs games and enjoyed them all. I remember Ardilles, Villas, Hoddle, Archibald, and Perryman lighting up the league and still love to watch spurs play because of that history. My friend commented to me that he was ashamed of the way that spurs supporters seemed so bitter (apart from Chelsk) and i agreed that LFC supporters wound me up in the same way about manure (I can use that term that as I actually want them to improve this year).

I have a dream

A dream where all supporters can live as one

Though I know the wind ups will never let it be so

Still...I have a dream

Please leave me out of all these petty squabbles, at my age I don't need them (though after a few beers I can't hold my tongue.)

I am still reading threads that have teams that interest me MU and Spurs as examples, but I am trying not to comment on them as every thing you say is taken as a slight by somebody.

as John Lennon said "Give peace a chance. and God let us beat Chelsk)

I'm actually not sure that JL said the second part, but what the hellwink.png

May your God go with you, whoever he is

• Like 2

we're bloody awful. no clue anywhere, what's the gameplan? it's the polar opposite of last season. look like a bunch of strangers and the manager isn't looking like he knows what he's doing right now. that was the worst i've seen us play in ages. &lt;deleted&gt;'s sake.

• Like 2

we're bloody awful. no clue anywhere, what's the gameplan? it's the polar opposite of last season. look like a bunch of strangers and the manager isn't looking like he knows what he's doing right now. that was the worst i've seen us play in ages. <deleted>'s sake.

I was thinking the same what the frig are our tactics??

BR's post interviews are starting to irk, whether it is a front for the press or not it appears he is seeing the match very different to the rest of us.

I don't know why BR wouldn't entertain having a defensive coach and instead insist more training will fix issues at the back. 2 season of &lt;deleted&gt; defending must give credence to this being a weakness of his as a manager. Obviously defense is only a small part and the midfield contribute to that also.

I wonder how the weight was distributed in the summer's transfer policy between the owners, the committee and manager. Surely 3-4 supreme quality players would have been better spending when you missed out by 2 points the season before. We have a CL spot and hanging on to this for a year with 130M spending should have been a good bet.

MB should never have been bought and to me it should highlight to the owners that whoever is doing the off season business and what ever strategy they have it is flawed for the second summer in a row. I admire BR for for taking it on the chin but i do not believe he would have bought that player. There is nothing about Mario Balotelli that suits BR's football ethos, he is actually the antithesis.

I'm not blaming MB for our woes they obviously run deeper, but the decision to purchase him, how we got to that point and subsequent impact he is having on LFC says a lot about the lack of planning/thought that went in to finding a striker or that there are restrictions or a policy that &lt;deleted&gt; BR and/or the committee.

The only thing that I can hang on to for the moment is, it took BR until February 2012/13 season before it started to click with a squad that on paper was well inferior to the one we have now.

NB. Glen Johnson should not be on the park again for LFC

I'm grasping at every little thing I can.

S'ok mate, we always play better against the good teams like Spurs........

OK, I'll get me coatbiggrin.png

Apologies...it was wilai....biggrin.png

Exactly. You will find that my comments are (generally) measured, and that i am not biased towards my own team (bless their hearts) or critical of other teams (bless their hearts too). What i dislike is supporters whose views are tainted by an unreasonable envy or dislike of other teams. it seems to me that football is very cyclic, and that what goes around comes around.

I have lived supporting Liverpool for too many years to remember, but I can still have a sensible conversation about football with anybody who wants to have one. I was watching some games the other night that were all Spurs games and enjoyed them all. I remember Ardilles, Villas, Hoddle, Archibald, and Perryman lighting up the league and still love to watch spurs play because of that history. My friend commented to me that he was ashamed of the way that spurs supporters seemed so bitter (apart from Chelsk) and i agreed that LFC supporters wound me up in the same way about manure (I can use that term that as I actually want them to improve this year).

I have a dream

A dream where all supporters can live as one

Though I know the wind ups will never let it be so

Still...I have a dream

Please leave me out of all these petty squabbles, at my age I don't need them (though after a few beers I can't hold my tongue.)

I am still reading threads that have teams that interest me MU and Spurs as examples, but I am trying not to comment on them as every thing you say is taken as a slight by somebody.

as John Lennon said "Give peace a chance. and God let us beat Chelsk)

I'm actually not sure that JL said the second part, but what the hellwink.png

May your God go with you, whoever he is

you're wasted on here mate you should be on RAWK.

we're bloody awful. no clue anywhere, what's the gameplan? it's the polar opposite of last season. look like a bunch of strangers and the manager isn't looking like he knows what he's doing right now. that was the worst i've seen us play in ages. <deleted>'s sake.

This is a very similar scenario that we went through last season, the big difference being that you reached greater heights the season before (with Suarez) that we did (obviously with Bale) and are therefore under greater pressure and more under the microscope. Then add to that the huge burden of CL games into the midweek.

Can't say I'm surprised because this is a transition under great expectation. Too much in my view. I just think that Liverpool fans have to sit back and stick with it. If Rodgers sorts things out to say a top five finish you have every reason to be very optimistic about the next season. However, Rodgers does seem quite delusional in his comments at times and in order to start his team gelling again he might want to start with the basics of reminding his team about the importance of pass completion, which was awful. Judging from what i saw the return of Sturridge is far from the remedy to things. I also note that you had far greater possession without looking particularly dangerous, which was another aspect of us last season and sadly still is!

United are finding their transition very hard and thats with the huge benefit of no european football under to extremely experienced management of van Gaal.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

We can't win without him....Barca can't win with him! (wonder if we included a buy (bite) back clause in the transfer?......Funny ol' game ain't it Saint?biggrin.png

"It means Suarez has lost in both of the competitive matches he has played for Barcelona"

The wind ups are fun too though Nelly!

Not all of them matewink.png , but the thing I enjoy most about this forum is that it is more like a pub conversation than Liverpool only forums.

Now I'm sober...... I think that Johnson is a goner.

Mignolet is a great shot stopper but a liability at set pieces and gives no confidence or organisation to the defense.

if we are going to stick with MB he has to have a partner up front.

Gerrard has to stay, though I have absolutely no idea where to play him, he is the only player we have with any guts at the moment.

is Enrique injured, as I'm pretty sure he would give us a more direct (and importantly) powerful option? Sometimes I think we are being bullied off the park all over the pitch

Can we please stop rotating the squad (if that is what we are doing) until we actually have a first eleven in place, and THEY know who they are.

Not all of them matewink.png , but the thing I enjoy most about this forum is that it is more like a pub conversation than Liverpool only forums.

Mignolet is a great shot stopper but a liability at set pieces and gives no confidence or organisation to the defense.

Gerrard has to stay, though I have absolutely no idea where to play him, he is the only player we have with any guts at the moment.

is Enrique injured, as I'm pretty sure he would give us a more direct (and importantly) powerful option? Sometimes I think we are being bullied off the park all over the pitch

Can we please stop rotating the squad (if that is what we are doing) until we actually have a first eleven in place, and THEY know who they are.

Have to say i agree with your comments about Mignolet although he doesn't look at all trusting in his center backs either.

I don't really know what Rodgers is trying to prove with MB. If you want to get an out of form player in form then play him to his strengths and in this case it means give him a strike partner. Now i haven't seen as many of your games as you lot will have done i'm sure so is that correct or a wrong assessment?

SIR

Not fogetting that Joe Allen looked like a 12 yo kid, playing with the adults.Liverpool have spunked over 100 million on trash

Not fogetting that Joe Allen looked like a 12 yo kid, playing with the adults.Liverpool have spunked over 100 million on trash

You need to reassess your view. 100 million has not been, as you so subtly put it,"spunked" on trash.

The players are quality players who are not performing to the level they were paid to achieve.

Which players are actually trash?

BR a football genius, I'm too sure about that as yet. All you can say so far he is probably an improvement from previous managers.

Against Newcastle away, Moreno had a poor game and his defensive qualities were found lacking - he needs to improve.

There is definitely a case to bring back some of the on-loan players plus new recruits like Nathan Dyer (Swansea) and Nathaniel Clyne of Southampton.