Tot High Speed

terdsak_12

Finally got my TOT hi SPeed hooked up and working, pretty good download speeds I'm getting, however it won't let me receive my email with outlook, something to do with problems with incoming server (Yahoo) it was working fine on Dail up, when I could get on line!!! any ideas fellas??

Finally got my TOT hi SPeed hooked up and working, pretty good download speeds I'm getting, however it won't let me receive my email with outlook, something to do with problems with incoming server (Yahoo) it was working fine on Dail up, when I could get on line!!! any ideas fellas??

Just gone thru the same thing!

You have to change your SMPT settings

Go to the TOT web site identify which package you have and replace outgoing mail SMPT settings.

Real simple and I am truly impressed with the speed

What package have you got?

I know it's crazy but you don't need to adjust the pop 3 its the outgoing????

I have the site up now so just verify package and we can hopefully sort it now!

SMTP = 203.151.141.222

SMTP = smtp5.totonline.net

SMTP = tot.pacific.net.th

SMTP = smtp.pacific.net.th

Go to outlook tools email accounts you're going to want to change the ones you utilise with outlook!

Change the outgoing mail by trying these above and testing one of them will work hopefully the first one

Chok Dee

That's exactly what I got and I rang CSLOXINFO beacuse they are my dial up.

I have the package requiring the first number.

Also did you close outlook each time!

OK! here is a Tech's # 01-899-0798

Tell him that he helped set up a guy in Pattaya can he give you the Smpt or outgoing address for the silver package.

Keep the response coming I'd like to know how you get on!

terdsak,

May I ask how long you were waiting for TOT hi speed ? I applied for DSL last Friday and was told they had no idea when it could be done, but said likely more than 3 months.

I apologise for butting in!

I waited 6 days in Pattaya, there is a thread about ADSL speed that gives some idea

Chingching,

If they give that answer it means the local telephone exchange you are connected to is not yet adsl capable, and that they have no idea when they will do the upgrade!

If your exchange is adsl capable and you have the phoneline already it'll only take 2 weeks at the most, more probably like a bit over a week!

terdsak,

May I ask how long you were waiting for TOT hi speed ? I applied for DSL last Friday and was told they had no idea when it could be done, but said likely more than 3 months.

I applied a week ago, and picked up the modem from the TOT shop, they said it would be working within a week, and 9 days later I'm in Business, this is in Bangkok, in the sticks I'm not sure.

terdsak,

I applied a week ago, and picked up the modem from the TOT shop, they said it would be working within a week, and 9 days later I'm in Business, this is in Bangkok, in the sticks I'm not sure.

in phuket i wait 23 days,maybe so "FAST :D "because i call to 1100 20 time :o

service custommer in phuket is absolutely obscene :D

nobody answer to your call :D

if you need fast ,give to tot boring,so maybe can get some results......... :D

No mate, same problem, tired all the combinations of changing the SMTP settings etc, keep getting the response that something wrong with the pop3 settings. Send this message from my office computer which is on True hi-speed and no problems, only bloody TOT.

How can I find my POP settings?

You will need your POP settings to configure your desktop email application to access your Yahoo! Business Email mailbox. We make your settings available in several places.

Owners and administrators can quickly find the POP settings of a POP and Webmail-enabled mailbox by going to the Edit an Email Address page.

If you are a plan owner, go to the Manage My Services console and click "Email Control Panel." If you are an administrator, sign in to your Yahoo! Business Email account and click "Mail Options" in the upper-right corner of the page, then choose "Manage Email Addresses."

Click on the "Edit" link next to the POP and Webmail-enabled mailbox name.

The mailbox's POP settings will appear in the left column of the Edit an Email Address page.

If you have Webmail access, you can also retrieve your POP settings from your Yahoo! Business Email mailbox online.

Sign in directly to your Business Email account at http://mail.yourdomain.com/ (be sure to replace "yourdomain.com" with your domain name).

Enter your Yahoo! ID and password, if prompted.

In the upper-right corner, click "Mail Options."

Scroll to the bottom of the next page and choose "POP Access and Forwarding."

Click the "[POP Settings]" link next to "Web & POP Access." You will see your POP settings as well as links to additional help and instructions for setting up your POP access.

If a Business Mail mailbox was created for you, you should have received an email or printed instructions from the administrator that explain how to activate your mailbox. Your POP settings are listed at the end of those instructions.

If you have a mailbox without administrative privileges and are having trouble finding your POP settings, please contact your plan owner or administrator.

SMTP is for outgoing mail.

Your problem is with incoming or POP3 settings.

My settings are pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

as my address is @yahoo.co.uk

It may be they are blocking the pop3 server you use.

I'm near Chiang Mai. Took 9 days to get a new line with ADSL. Interesting promo at the time. Pay for two months and installation/new line etc was free Plus they gave two free months. Ended up effectively paying nothing!

I now have no problems with Yahoo or any other mail provider, but it took a couple of days to sort things.

Here is the local help line number I use: 0 5327 3300. (Need to speak Thai).

Alternatively, dial 11079, their main Help Desk number, from your TOT landline..

They have normally had an answer or an engineer with me within a couple of hours. (Your local TOT should have given you a local help line number.)