Incident At Gullivers

marquess

I have been reliably informed that there was a Farang who tried to skip out on paying his bill last week at Gullivers. In attempting to get away he smashed his fist through a glass door. Which lead to him being taken to hospital and subsequently bleeding to death. Does anyone have any more information on this? Thanks

Surprising since Gullivers make you pay for your drinks when they are brought to your table.

You can't run up a tab there like you can in most of the other "Pubs"

Can't see how he could have skipped his bill-at least not at Gullivers?

Actually, I believe the KSR one may have a pay as you go policy but soi 5 is bin in glass on table (generally) these days.

I was in there two weeks ago and some football guys were really loud and generally making a scene. As I was leaving, the loudest and biggest guy shoved his way past me going towards the door. Guy was like a bull in a china shop and forcebly bumped into another guy ahead of me (who didn't see him pushing through) and that guys glass flew up and hit the loud mouth in the head causing bleeding. He went berserk!!!! Started wailing on the poor guy who was absolutely schocked and begging for help.

The gully's guys peeled the yob off and I was HOPING they'd take him out the back way KSR style... :D but they got him a cloth, him screaming at the top of his lungs the entire time and tried to calm him down. :o

Sincerely hope the fellow Marquess mentions is alright tho :D

I was in there two weeks ago and some football guys were really loud and generally making a scene.

I wonder. English? Sorry to see this from any nationality. But for some reason they all think they are in Lanzarote or Tenerife. BTW This is not a dig at the English. But unfortunately its usually the case that they are. SOME Scottish are not much better. :o

Didn't hear anything from Gulliver's at Sukh. Soi 5.

As for payment, at Soi 5 it's always on the tab and pay finally before leaving.

At the beginning, they wanted to charge for each drink, which is really a stupid system when paying by credit card.

Actually, I believe the KSR one may have a pay as you go policy but soi 5 is bin in glass on table (generally) these days.

Things must have changed since I last had a drink there (18 months or so)

Must not liked the way you looked TP. :o That's one of the first places I go to eat when I get to BKK and for the last two years or more always payed later. (Soi 5 version) Don't know about sitting at the bar and just drinking though.

Edited by tywais

Things must have changed since I last had a drink there (18 months or so)

Must not liked the way you looked TP. :o That's one of the first places I go to eat when I get to BKK and for the last two years or more always payed later. (Soi 5 version) Don't know about sitting at the bar and just drinking though.

I have had it both ways in there but mostly the bill in a cup.

The other week my wife and her friend had my bill at their table while I drank in a round at the bar with some pals - about 8-10 of us. As we each ordered a round we just paid as it came but that was probalbly more out of convenience all round.

The event that I am refering to, did take place in the Sukhumvit branch. What I am trying to ascertain, is did the farang bleed to death, as I have been informed? One of you guys must have been there, last week, or know someone who was?

• 1 month later...

If you heard that a foreigner bled to death from his injuries...then you probably heard right. It's quite an extraordinary thing to come up with.

In another incident, just before Christmas, a foreigner was beaten to death in the car park of the Nana Hotel, soi 4, yet the incident wasn't reported in the newspapers.

And around Christmas, two western women, Eastern European or Russian, were seriously injured after being attacked whilst sat in a tuk-tuk in the Banglamphu area of Bangkok. Again, no mention of the incident in either the Thai and/or the English language dailies based here.

I personally witnessed an incident in the middle of the afternoon recently, when following an autocation, a youngish Thai women pulled a pistol on a small group of by-standers who were attempting verbally to pacify her rage with another women. Not sure if it was an imitation fire arm or not - suspect it was real enough. This incident took place on the side walk outside Coffee World between the Emporium and Soi 33.

Violent incidents take place all the time in BKK which are usually not reported in the media.

Bad for tourism I suspect!

There was an incident in Gullivers (Soi 5 branch) on Saturday with a very drunk farrang being extremely loud and abusive to the bar staff telling them "you stole my f*cking money!" and demanding that they "called the f*cking manager, now!".

When the boss turned up and the farrang slurred his sob-story of being robbed, the manager pointed to the floor at the 200 baht beneath the guy's shoe saying "is that your money by any chance?" Now, any reasonable person would then just say appologise profusely, realise they'd had one too many, wai politely and leave. But, no, this guy proceeded to deny all knowlege of the cash on the floor, threw it back down there and caused even more grief, which carried on until the police arrived.

When you manage a bar and you have ridiculous behaviour like this to deal with, you must need the patience of a saint...

Lots of ugly middle aged men with young prostitutes at the NaNa Gullivers. Is it a favoured ThaiVisa haunt?

I don't know. It's not in my neighbourhood. So where do the ugly middle aged women who are no longer with the ugly middle aged men hang out? Is that a popular ThaiVisa spot too??? :o

Lots of ugly middle aged men with young prostitutes at the NaNa Gullivers. Is it a favoured ThaiVisa haunt?

I don't know. It's not in my neighbourhood. So where do the ugly middle aged women who are no longer with the ugly middle aged men hang out? Is that a popular ThaiVisa spot too??? :o

I don't know where female sex tourists go.... Nigeria ???

Ugly women can just stay home and buy a handsome young guy a few beers if they want to get shagged.

Only men have to travel millions of miles to get any decent action and puritanical NGOs and Western countries are doing their best to stop that. Whatever happened to "equal rights"? :o

Went to Gullis in Soi 5 for a quiet beer on my last visit but the place was jam packed full of hookers ....100s of em...everywhere and couldnt get a seat anywhere near the bar....

When it first opened a couple of years ago it had a bit of an entrance policy but now is exactly the same as the german BB round the corner in soi 7.....business must be good but i left and went somewhere else.(German BB in Soi 7....).....eh....

Went to Gullis in Soi 5 for a quiet beer on my last visit but the place was jam packed full of hookers ....100s of em...everywhere and couldnt get a seat anywhere near the bar....

Working at Gullivers or just freelancers? Bit odd to say the least.

Freelancers...

Everybody's gotta eat :o

quote name='Ulysses G.' date='2006-04-24 20:51:49' post='726212']

Ugly women can just stay home and buy a handsome young guy a few beers if they want to get shagged.

Only men have to travel millions of miles to get any decent action and puritanical NGOs and Western countries are doing their best to stop that. Whatever happened to "equal rights"? :o

:D

I've gone there with a take-away from Soi 4or7 and they called me hansum. All in the eyes of the beholder.

I'd say Turkey!

I've seen it with my own eyes!!! :o

Turkey yes, Jamaica certainly but also increasingly Thailand too!

I was down Pattaya way last week, and I noticed a lot more western women there compared to my last visit and certainly compared to my first visit, twelve years ago - when the sight of a western woman was not so common! Also, quite a few of these women seemed to be just with their western female friends and not part of a traditional family grouping i.e. with hubby and the kids.

Maybe presuming, but, no doubt, quite a few lesbians among their number and others there for the Thai males - doubt whether their mindset is orientated towards gettin' off with other western males there.

And, personally know of several 'over the hill' middle-aged western women who have opted for teaching positions in Turkey. Apparently Turkish males aren't too fussy about the looks and attractiveness of western women.

Also, noticed very large numbers of European (mainly Scandanavian) women in Kenya a few years back who were definitely there for one thing only - to pick up a local (usually 'beach boys') and spend the next couple of weeks shagging away to their heart's content!

Basically freelance. OK Gulliver's is a sports bar, seems pool, sports around the big screen and a different version at the bar. But difficult these days to bring somebody who just want to have a drink.

• 2 weeks later...

[basically freelance. OK Gulliver's is a sports bar, seems pool, sports around the big screen and a different version at the bar. But difficult these days to bring somebody who just want to have a drink.

Correct.

But some of the girls sure can play pool. If you like short dressers and big breasts when they bend over to take there shots.

By the way I have never played pool there. I go for the smoke in your eyes (I do not smoke either) I use it for a meeting place to start the night out slowly. That is when I am allowed out :o