Parking Motorbike At Cm Airport... Is It Safe?

stumiller

Hello all,

I'm going away in a couple of weeks for 3 nights, departing from CNX and I would like to know other people's experiences about the parking of motorbikes/scooters at the airport. Is it secure? Has anyone had success or problems parking there for a few nights?

It's difficult for me to get a song thaew because I live too far from busy roads and I don't fancy lugging all my bags a km or two! Otherwise, are there any reliable taxi numbers I could call to reserve a morning cab?

All advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Stu

Left my Honda wave at the airport three days a week for two years with never a problem.

I did wrap a big chain up from the rear tire and over the seat and lock it though. Chain and lock cost about 200 baht.

Edited by ricklev

Thanks very much for the replies so far... Seems like it should be pretty safe, but I know that bike theft is fairly rife here and I don't know how much, if any, security there is at the airport. Any negative examples from there?

Also, where would be the best place to get a cheap chain/lock? Big C, I guess...anywhere else?

Thanks.

Left mine there on three occasions, five days a pop, no problems at all. Of course, there's a first for everything...

I was more concerned when I left it at the bus station overnight though. I don't think that was a smart idea on my part.

At least the airport has an attendant, most likely a lot of cameras, and you can't really pull a truck in to steal it..