Best Condo In Bkk Under 600K.

I am interested in buying a lower cost condo. Does anyone know of any hidden jewels in BKK? Small is ok, would like to be within a few KM of BTS or MRT. I have visited MTT before, and I thought is was soso (for about 400K), but several residents told me that it sucked.

Here is what I am selling in America for 1.6 million THB +/-. It rents for 17,000 per month.

http://www.ziprealty.com/property/2121-W-ROYAL-PALM-RD-PHOENIX-AZ-85021/80722355/detail

Edited by Thighlander

Not wishing to sound disingenuous … but what has what you are trying to sell in the USA have any bearing on what you are trying to buy here?

Before you ask ... I'm well qualified in Real Estate?

I should have added that I only paid 625,000 for the unit, just to head off the nay-sayers. Generally, real estate people are interested in other markets....except when they like their clients to be un-educated.

Edited by sbk
flame removed. keep it civil
  • Like 1

Not wishing to sound disingenuous … but what has what you are trying to sell in the USA have any bearing on what you are trying to buy here?

Until the bottom fell out of Gold Coast property and you had to sneak away to Thailand.

• Like 1

Until the bottom fell out of Gold Coast property and you had to sneak away to Thailand.

Oh ... this will be good (and you better make it good) ... explain your statement for the Forum to read.

Before you ask ... I'm well qualified in Real Estate?..

I should have added that I only paid 625,000 for the unit, just to head off the nay-sayers. Generally, real estate people are interested in other markets....except when they like their clients to be un-educated.

Utter rubbish.

You ask a question about purchasing in Thailand.

The Thai Market and the USA Market have nil connection, so why refer to it?

Ditto the purchase price you paid for your unit in the USA.

I asked politely, and you return comment with an insult ... dry.png

Why not make reference to the Finnish Market or the Spanish Market ... no

... don't care about those markets? Not surprising. Why ... because

they have nothing to do with your intending purchase in Thailand.

Almost all real estate markets are local ... certainly residential ones

are. At most a local residential market could extend up to one hours

travel from the nearest work, because the human psyche normally won't travel

much past an hour to work.

Commercial property has a wider audience geographically because many of the

owners are investors and are looking at rental yields.

Few markets are global.

Global markets are oil tankers or aeroplanes, a barrel of oil or an ounce of

gold.

Since you aren't selling any of the above items ... your residential unit in the USA is relevant

only to someone located there.

Geez ... some people.

Maybe it gives an indication of the sort of property he likes.

Also, its particularly relevant because until he gets it sold, he'll just be a time-wasting tyre kicker for the Thai sellers, and so he's trying to make the unit look popular by driving up the hits.

The scope for speculation is endless (We'll 'ave noon of thatt heir, lad) (Sorry, Ray, but it is a property thread...)

SC

• Like 1

Maybe it gives an indication of the sort of property he likes.

Also, its particularly relevant because until he gets it sold, he'll just be a time-wasting tyre kicker for the Thai sellers, and so he's trying to make the unit look popular by driving up the hits.

The scope for speculation is endless (We'll 'ave noon of thatt heir, lad) (Sorry, Ray, but it is a property thread...)

SC

From the above comment ...

"Maybe it gives an indication of the sort of property he likes." Fair enough statement if he had a bigger budget ... but, at the figure he mentioned in the OP, he is a price point purchaser.

BTW, Ray is OK with the speculation ...

Hah ... those posters who hyper-link to increase viewership ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

So you're well-qualified in a field that requires absolutely no qualifications or proven ability?

Fair enough.

Which country to you refer to with your statement?

Not sure what your circumstances are but if your retired or can just make the time then why not move here and rent a low cost Studio for up to 1 year for less than 10,000 Baht per month and really get a feel for what's around and prices areas etc. You need to get a feel for areas to live and facilities etc. I am sure there are gems here in what is a over priced market. I think it is heading for a big correction with less than 2 years or so. For the money your talking about you get a one room Studio as far as I can see.

• Like 1

What is it you are REALLY trying to accomplish here. You just keep posting links.
Showing what I've been buying/selling/and looking at. The above link is in the range I stated. Since you don't have a meaningful contribution, why not keep your comments to yourself.

Well, let's see. Thailand, the UK, much of Europe and most of the rest of the world seems like a good start.

*sigh ...

USA ...

1. Get Educated

No matter in which state you live,

you must take pre-licensing courses. However, state requirements differ greatly.

For instance, California requires three college-level courses.

Others (such as Idaho, which requires two courses totalling 90 hours) require a set number of hours of education. Contact your state's real estate commission for your state's requirements for licensing.

3. Get Licensed

Real estate licenses require the passing of state and national exams.

In addition, you may have to provide a criminal background check.

Between the exam and license fees for a real estate salesperson, you can expect to pay at least $200, thought prices vary from state-to-state

From 6-steps-becoming-a-real-estate-agent

That's just the USA ... you will find other parts of the western world with entry hurdles.

So BlackPuddingBertha ... so, before your shoot from the hip, warmly suggest you research the facts.

In the title of the OP, you talk about buying in Bangkok, yet this ad you mention above is for Chiang Mai ... ?

Do you plan to invest or live in the property? Because the answer to the question will change the investment decision.

When looking at a condo, really important are the Management fees and the 'Sinking Fund or building Maintenance Fund'

Well, let's see. Thailand, the UK, much of Europe and most of the rest of the world seems like a good start.

*sigh ...

USA ...

That's just the USA ... you will find other parts of the western world with entry hurdles.

So BlackPuddingBertha ... so, before your shoot from the hip, warmly suggest you research the facts.

The USA is a notable exception to the global lack of qualifications or experience when becoming a real estate agent, which unsurprisingly is why I didnt include it in my list. Perhaps you would like to indicate what qualifications or knowledge you think that agents in Thailand or the UK or much of Europe or most of the rest of the world have to have?

I'll give you a clue: it's zero, as I said.

*sigh ...

USA ...

The USA is a notable exception to the global lack of qualifications or experience when becoming a real estate agent, ...

Canada ... Becoming a Real Estate Representative

In order to become a licensed real estate representative in Canada you must successfully complete a course of study as required under the Real Estate Act of your resident province.

The following provincial governing bodies will provide you with the licensing requirements in your resident province.

South Africa ... Here

Australia (QLD) ... Here

United Kingdom ... Here

I have more valuable use of my time then debunk your statement further ... enough.

So BlackPuddingBertha ... back in your box.

United Kingdom ... Here

I have more valuable use of my time then debunk your statement further ... enough.

The UK "qualifications" referred to are optional qualifications for membership of an optional trade organisation and as such are totally and utterly meaningless, as one might expect from anyone and anything related to the real estate business. Didnt bother to waste my time looking at the other countries but they are probably the same.

Any pea-brained moron can become an estate agent in most countries (including Thailand and the UK), which of course is precisely why so many pea-brained morons do. Those who cant make a go of it can also become car salesmen, or double-glazing salesmen, or boiler-room share pushers, again with exactly the same level of qualifications and competence.

• Like 1

Oh ... this will be good (and you better make it good) ... explain your statement for the Forum to read..

David48, How are those negatively geared properties you have on the Sunshine Coast going lately?

Phronesis ... man ... I said make it good!

In the first post, you talk about Gold Coast property, the second Sunshine Coast property.

Man ... get your facts straight. Actually, back up your 'facts' with some evidence.

Remember, you are the one accusing me ... so ... show us all the posts/s please (this should be interesting ... w00t.gif )

Somehow you have mixed me up with another poster ... fair enough mistake to make, and, in advance, your apology is accepted ... wai.gif

United Kingdom ... Here

Didnt bother to waste my time looking at the other countries but they are probably the same.

I suppose it's a fair tactic ... when the evidence debases your original argument ... simply ignore it.

No-one is saying that Real Estate agents are particularly liked as a profession, but to make the broad sweeping generalisation that ... "Thailand, the UK, much of Europe and most of the rest of the world ... requires absolutely no qualifications" ... is proven wrong.

I know nothing of the requirement to become an Agent in Thailand ... I don't read or write Thai, so I can't inquire about that. Same for mainland Europe, I can't search their government websites as I don't read their individual languages.

Last time I looked ... the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa are included in the 'rest of the world'.

And here's the rub ... sweeping generalisations, such as you made, end up being your undoing.

Then you compound your lack of credibility by trying to defend your original incorrect statement.

If you wish to continue this puerile argument further, I probably could discover some more information to discredit your original statement.

But I have a better suggestion. How about you go and find your overnight accommodation wherever a stream and a road intersect ... I'll retire to my comfy abode and we will leave this dead horse alone?