Building Townhouse / Commercial Building Easier Than Building A House ?

Hi,

When I see all the problems that people have to face when they want to build a house I wonder if you think that it would be less source of problem to build a small building or townhouse / commercial building with 3 storeys ?

I know nothing but feel like it must be easier to build than a house that is supposed to look good when a building is just a building anyway.

Do you have any experience about construction of a 3 storeys building / commercial building ?

Company building this are maybe more reliable ?

What about cost ?

Thank you.

Sorry can't help but building anything here is not easy.

Company building makes NO difference, be there yourself all day, do not trust a single word spoken to you, do not accept we'll fix it later.

Buy your own materials and concrete, use CPAC and ask for the slump test on EVERY delivery.

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

The more stories, the more/larger steel in your concrete, the larger your concrete beams, and the more your contractor must be a professional in order to construct a proper structure. These all add cost. The third-tier developers usually stop at eight stories for good reason. However, geometrically, a three story shophouse can be economically built since it is just a simple box, is often simpler shape than a free-standing house, so the cost per square meter should be similar to a bit less.

As to difficulty, both a shop house & a single family detached house are not a huge deal to get done.

• Like 1

Easy to build both if you hire competent builders. Same is true the world over.

Yes, but easier in the rest of the world than here it seems.

I also wonder can be built with the metallic structures that we often see ? Do you have any website of company selling these structures ?

Thanks.