Thailand's D S I Cracks Down On Counterfeit Products

webfact

DSI cracks down on counterfeit products

Bangkok, 2 May 2013, (NNT)-- Director General of Department of Special Investigation (DSI) Tarit Pengdit, Deputy Agricultural and Cooperatives Minister, Nuttawut Saikuea, and Deputy Secretary General of the Anti-Money- Laundering Office (AMLO) Female Police Captain Suwanee Sawangpon, yesterday announced the results of a joint operation in eradicating counterfeit products during the month of April, confiscating items worth around 30 million baht from 4 major raids.

According to Mr. Tarit, most of the counterfeit goods are smart phone cases, more than 200,000 of which, worth 20 million baht altogether, have been seized in Bangkhuntien and Jomthong districts in the capital.

The owner of the building which houses the confiscated items is a foreign woman who goes by the name of 'Je Juu' (เจ้จู). Authorities also raided five other spots belonging to the same network and seized over sixteen thousand pieces of counterfeit clothing and fashion items worth around 5 million baht.

In addition, the DSI's offices in Suratthani and Phuket Provinces have confiscated over 14,000 pieces of counterfeit goods worth around 7.5 million baht.

All the suspects will be prosecuted under the new money-laundering laws, which requires the DSI to forward to the Anti-Money-Laundering Office (AMLO) for further action.

If the suspects are found guilty by the court, their assets will be seized by AMLO, said Tarit.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-02 footer_n.gif

related

Thailand Takes The Rap In US Fake Goods Review

According to Mr. Tarit, most of the counterfeit goods are smart phone cases

Really? Cannot be looking too hard. What about the counterfeit smartphones (that are sold as genuine) that go in those cases?

And let's not forget that really hot potato, the bomb detector.

Damn - I just bought one of those holders on Sukhumvit, next to the fake DVDs, handbags, shirts, shorts, viagara, watches, pens, lighters, weapons, shoes, jeans, hats, & all.

Wonder if it was a fake too. whistling.gif

hahaha!!!

as if!!

they arrest some people,,, they put their photo in the newspapers so people think they are great.

and the next day they allow all the usual fake business to continue as planned.

I saw them outside Panthip Plaza about a year ago... a load of pompous high rank police with DSI and LOADS OF CAMERAS AND MEDIA!!! a sheer publicity stunt.

ALL The usual counterfeit software shops were closed that day.. (hmm,, I wonder how they knew in advance??!!)

and the VERY NEXT DAY, it was all back to normal again.

pathetic!

Didn't a cop get shot at the last clamp down or was that the clamp down before this last clamp down, DSI tarit has he's fingers in every pie.

Yes and filling up his bank account, & and that of his wife and all his 'mia noi's'

Didn't a cop get shot at the last clamp down or was that the clamp down before this last clamp down, DSI tarit has he's fingers in every pie.

The corruptions is a top down organizational chart. Big Brother is the Thai Mafia in my opinion, I have seen more out right crimes against the people of Thailand's people under this government than any of the ones before. They are stealing money under the noses of the ones that put them in power, as long as they get something for free they care not.

Counterfeit smart phone cases? Counterfeit of what? Fake plastic/silicone/tpu? What the heck is a counterfeit smartphone case? Are Thai manufacturers copying the 100 baht smartphone cases from China now?