Thai Senators Want To Grill Yingluck Over Her Mongolia Speech

webfact

Why don't they send the 58 Senators down south where the 2 year old was shot in the head and stop the terror down there, instead of doing nothing in their political position except come up with a bull***t nothing item like this. What a waste of time this complaint is.

Far more appropriate would be for the PM and Deputy PM in charge of the South to be sent down South instead of going overseas and making bull***t speeches.

What a waste of time that was.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't they send the 58 Senators down south where the 2 year old was shot in the head and stop the terror down there, instead of doing nothing in their political position except come up with a bull***t nothing item like this. What a waste of time this complaint is.sad.png

They call themselves Senators who love the country. cheesy.gif

If PM Gillard made a speech in, say, PNG rewriting history and telling outright self-serving lies which put Australia in a bad light, don't you think there would be questions asked on her return? Perhaps that Australia has a REAL democracy makes a difference?

So Thailand is doing OK economically in spite of its current government? As for politics, the fact that a criminal is manipulating the government to destroy the other pillars of democracy so as to absolve his crimes, an action which some are predicting will lead to another coup and possibly a civil war, that's just dandy?

Yep, just imagine if all the time and energy that is being spent on this crusade was used for actually running the country instead, how bad would it become.

While the suits are busy banging their gums at each other, the rest of the country just gets on with it (apart from a couple of rowdy bullies in the play ground)

• Like 1

Firstly it was a well written speech by a native English speaker. A very well played international spot light moment. Sadly she and her advisories forgot that some Thai people can understand English no matter how it is read.. So the lies by omission and the personal prospective did not go unnoticed by people who are not to her party important.

As a democracy to her seems to be the majority of people that voted for her party or at least the one that hey did not hire to show up at their political functions, Remember 100,000 red shirts is always the majority in her family ideal democracy. She seemed to talk about democracy but no real understand of the concept (or its pronunciation) but letter of the law she gets, so lets change the laws to suit her families needs, guess big brother academic interference was well liked and admired by more family members than her niece. Change the law and you need not break it. She is also a student and maker of historical facts, She always remembers history is written by the victors. Past appointed people to her, are to be replace by her appointed professionals (read puppets).Well played international spot light moment, hats off to her handlers!

• Like 1

"she said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was politically victimised" ?

Does this mean I shouldn't write "criminal fugitive"?

It means nothing from the point of view of the Demorcratic process. The PM Yingluck Shinawatra is the leader of the Thai Government of which the Senate is but a part.. She does not need the Senate's permission to hold an opinion or speak her mind on any subject..

• Like 1

It was a bold and forthright speech, if perhaps a bit too personal ("my family has suffered..." c'mon), and a brilliant strategy. She pointed out to an international audience that her young government is in constant danger of being taken down by another coup d' etat. If it happens, that speech will be seen as prophetic.

As for having to appear before a bunch of stacked 'committees' to explain herself, she should flip them all off with two big middle fingers. The speech stands on its own, and she doesn't need to apologize to anybody.

As for the lady being an 'airhead' (you haters, intellectuals all, no doubt, are wearing that one out, it's tired), she's running a country, doing a decent job, while you all have nothing better to do than trash talk day and night. Shame on you.

I'm glad that someone on here can see what the speech was about.

Whatever the "reasons" perceived by the military for a coup, whether or not it is a "bloodless" coup, there is no escaping the fact that coups are illegal (unless you rewrite the constitution of course) and about as undemocratic action as you can get on the democracy front.

If you look at it with an unjaundiced eye, as would the various countries around the world that jealously guard their democracies, they see a coup overthrowing an elected government.

There is no argument that there was no government in place at the time. The PM, contrary to opinion on here, had not resigned, there was a caretaker government in place, with political parties campaigning for the next royally endorsed election which was just weeks away, when the coup took place.

Another coup is the last thing this country needs and I cannot believe that posters on here call for one.

• Like 1

It was a bold and forthright speech, if perhaps a bit too personal ("my family has suffered..." c'mon), and a brilliant strategy. She pointed out to an international audience that her young government is in constant danger of being taken down by another coup d' etat. If it happens, that speech will be seen as prophetic.

As for having to appear before a bunch of stacked 'committees' to explain herself, she should flip them all off with two big middle fingers. The speech stands on its own, and she doesn't need to apologize to anybody.

As for the lady being an 'airhead' (you haters, intellectuals all, no doubt, are wearing that one out, it's tired), she's running a country, doing a decent job, while you all have nothing better to do than trash talk day and night. Shame on you.

Whatever the "reasons" perceived by the military for a coup, whether or not it is a "bloodless" coup, there is no escaping the fact that coups are illegal (unless you rewrite the constitution of course) and about as undemocratic action as you can get on the democracy front.

If you look at it with an unjaundiced eye, as would the various countries around the world that jealously guard their democracies, they see a coup overthrowing an elected government.

There is no argument that there was no government in place at the time. The PM, contrary to opinion on here, had not resigned, there was a caretaker government in place, with political parties campaigning for the next royally endorsed election which was just weeks away, when the coup took place.

Another coup is the last thing this country needs and I cannot believe that posters on here call for one.

You continue to attack a bloodless coup as illegal. You defend every goofy thing the PTP with their red shirt armed contingent do. Yet you say she was democratically elected in spite of the reality that 52% of the population voted against her. That is not democracy.

Why do you not attack bloodless corruption?

It is as undemocratic as her election.

We both know that if her last name wasn't Shinawatra she wouldn't get any closer to the PM seat than you and me.

• Like 1

"she said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was politically victimised" ?

Does this mean I shouldn't write "criminal fugitive"?

It means nothing from the point of view of the Demorcratic process. The PM Yingluck Shinawatra is the leader of the Thai Government of which the Senate is but a part.. She does not need the Senate's permission to hold an opinion or speak her mind on any subject..
The Demorcratic [sic] process includes accountability.

The Senate is not asking the PM to obtain permission from the Senate for her speeches.

As the OP says, the Senate is asking the PM to explain her speech and its contentious, divisive, derogatory, and non-factual aspects of her speech.

The Senate is fully validated to make such inquiries. Its actually one of its mandated roles.

Such oversight from the various committees in the Senate (and the House) are crucial and are a cornerstone to a successful Demorcratic [sic] process.

• Like 1

The senators called themselves "senators who love the country."

Ahh looks like the Democrats are at it again and not those others who obviously do NOT LOVE THIER COUNTRY biggrin.png Kudos to the Nation for printing this, would people expect anyless from the print mouthpeice for the Democratic party.

Its going to be another cooker today, what DVD can I watch .............

Otherwise, I need to clip my nose hairsno

The senators called themselves "senators who love the country."

Ahh looks like the Democrats are at it again and not those others who obviously do NOT LOVE THIER COUNTRY biggrin.png Kudos to the Nation for printing this, would people expect anyless from the print mouthpeice for the Democratic party.

Its going to be another cooker today, what DVD can I watch .............

Otherwise, I need to clip my nose hairsno

You do know that none of the Senators are Democrats, right?

Perhaps a good read about it is in order after the nose hair clipping.

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/const/2007/index.html

Edited by brd199

Are you accusing me of praising Thaksin?! Barking up the wrong tree there I'm afraid.

The best comparison to Thaksin I can think of is the Dark Lord of the Sith.

'Dark Lord of the Sith'.

Are you dyslexic, Pi Sek? smile.png

Are you accusing me of praising Thaksin?! Barking up the wrong tree there I'm afraid.

'Dark Lord of the Sith'.

Not that I was aware of!

Still though, sorry, I don't get it...?

'Dark Lord of the Sith'.

Not that I was aware of!

Still though, sorry, I don't get it...?

It's hard being a Trekky isn't it?

Don,t be to hard on the poor lady. She is now making it completely obvious who is pulling the strings and orchestrating every word that comes out of her (purty) lips. One would think she was intelligent enough to know where to draw the line, but apparently not so.

Mikeoboe has got it 100% right. Going to a conference on democracy and giving a party political speech both insults her host and shows up Thailand & Yingluck as incapable of understanding the pillars of democracy.

In addition it was cowardly as it didn't allow any questions which might have arisen had she made it in Thailand.

• Like 2

You continue to attack a bloodless coup as illegal. You defend every goofy thing the PTP with their red shirt armed contingent do. Yet you say she was democratically elected in spite of the reality that 52% of the population voted against her. That is not democracy.

Why do you not attack bloodless corruption?

It is as undemocratic as her election.

Undemocratic? That way of holding elections has been accepted in 1st World democracies for some time now. If Yinglucks parties election is undemocratic in your eyes what the $#@& did you think of the Dems getting into power?
  • Like 2

"senators who love the country..." Pitak Siam "Protecters of Thailand" Don't we just love these self proclaimed defenders of everything that is good & righteous, unlike those nasty uneducated rural folk who don't deserve a vote.

P.S. I'd love my country to if I was gifted a job as a senator without haven't to concern myself about deserving it!

• Like 1

Well, I guess you guys didn't miss me after all. Disappointing, somewhat.

Anyway Senators and Senator committees can ask anyone to explain. It's in the constitution that they have the right and obligation to question that is deemed to be wrong, or possible wrong. Only with sufficient information they will be able to decide.

Ms. Yingluck made that speech as Prime Minister of Thailand, representing Thailand. It wasn't a private speech. Therefor it should be clear and obvious that with it's contentious content the Senate wants some questions answered. To suggest that it's all B.l.s.i. means one questions the role of the senate and the rights and duties as described in the constitution. Now I'm not saying that stance would make one a red-shirt, but surely the Pheu Thai party will receive those with open arms.

Oh, by the way, unlike our rich teacher suggests senate posts are not gifted. Out of 150 Senators, 76 elected, 74 appointed. The 2007 constitution has a whole range of requirements applicable to both groups of senators which makes becoming a senator more difficult than becoming an MP. We had many newbies who barely qualified and just by declaring an sudden urge to serve were put as number one of a party list of candidates. Imagine.

Oh, by the way, unlike our rich teacher suggests senate posts are not gifted. Out of 150 Senators, 76 elected, 74 appointed. The 2007 constitution has a whole range of requirements applicable to both groups of senators which makes becoming a senator more difficult than becoming an MP. We had many newbies who barely qualified and just by declaring an sudden urge to serve were put as number one of a party list of candidates. Imagine.

Yes I realise that Rubi, but how many of the 58 "senators who love the country" group were elected?

• Like 1

Rich teacher, it's immaterial how many senators of the 58 forming four committees were elected or appointed. They're all qualified people.

BTW do you really think only appointed senators could have cornered a position in those four committees? If yes, I am starting to lean to the side which thinks you may been gifted your teaching qualification assuming you have one.

Rich teacher, it's immaterial how many senators of the 58 forming four committees were elected or appointed. They're all qualified people.

BTW do you really think only appointed senators could have cornered a position in those four committees? If yes, I am starting to lean to the side which thinks you may been gifted your teaching qualification assuming you have one.

It doesn't take a great intellect (but obviously slightly more than yours) to realise that the appointed senators are directly opposed to the party that wants them removed.

• Like 1