Thai Type Condo Buildings

aalek85th

Maybe the title is not really accurate, but it's ok.

Anyway, I got "kicked out" from my condo today. I'm living in all thai area in Victory, building is sort of a condo building... but for thai people. There are no farangs where I live, no pool, no gym, no fancy stuff.

I recently broke up with my gf, about 10 days ago.. and one of the reasons I think I got kicked out is that they don't want a farang to live in a cheap thai place (though I might be wrong here.. this is just a wild guess), but really, it doesn't matter. I have to move out during this month.

What I got now is:

- 6.5 k rent

- 3 months contract, 1 month deposit

- 10 to 15 minutes by foot to BTS

- Electricity/water at government rates

- Phone line (important for internet connection)

What I'm looking for now is .. something similar. But since finding these places is very hard unless you speak/read thai, I came here for help.

I'm willing to pay up to 8k a month, the only problem for me is deposit. I don't have enough to pay 2 months deposit + 1 month rent in advance... I mean .. I do, but I would like to avoid it if possible. Hate the deposit thing.

Any recommendations/experiences ?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

KV mansion near on nut, suk soi 81 is 8 k a month. The one thing I hated was the soi has too many motorbikes.... but if you are willing to take one everyday, then that solves that.

I am with you on the deposits. They did screw me a little at KV, I don't like that stuff. Put seriously a few little marks on a wall after living there for 2 years, and they charge 1000 baht. <deleted> <deleted>. Really. Other than that though, I recommend it.

Actually... I lived in soi 81 until 4 months ago. Won't be going to that place again, and generally ... I'm avoiding on nut for some personal reasons.

Like you said... the motorbike issue is a big one, together with the fact that there's nothing of interest there, except a 7/11. Not big fan of that market place at the beginning of the soi.

Not going to highway 81 again :)

Was considering ratchada, but never been there don't know what to expect. And basically... would like a thai condo again. Not a fan of farang apartment buildings.

Pavilion Mansion in Udomsuk (Suk 103) soi 49. The apartments are quite nice and the owners (it's a couple that owns the entire building) only ask for 1 month deposit + current month. The Internet is free as well (shared 15Mbs via an Ethernet cable, not Wi-Fi) if you agree to pay 500 baht extra/month to get the "furniture package" which includes a fridge/microwave and Internet.

Central Bangna is within walking distance, as well as Paradise Park on Srinakarin. To go to the Udomsuk BTS station, you can either walk for 20-ish minutes or take a 6baht bus (or a 20baht motorcycle ride).

http://www.thai4rent.com/index.php/main/view_id/3889

What kind of water rates and electricity at these places being mentioned. OP mentioned government rates what about these others?

Also, OP, you seriously think you were kicked off cause you're a farang then? What reason did they give you?

Sorry was 'away' for couple of days.

Yeah. I do think, because there's no other reason. The contract did expire (this will be my fifth month how i stay here, i signed 3 months), but I showed no intention of leaving and it should be his responsibility to try to renew the contract before expiration. This now, is basically he kicking me out, since I didn't get a chance to extend the contract.

They just don't care (in these types of buildings) about contracts I think. As long as they are getting money and everything is in order.

And everything was in order, I didn't even annoy the guy to fix my hot water unit.

One guy that I met told me that he tried getting a room in similar type of building, and they told him directly that the rooms are only for Thais.

So, can't say 100 % but I'm very.. very sure it is the reason, but honestly.. I don't mind. I know I'm gonna be treated differently, and probably I should be treated differently, cuz i am different. Being a farang and all.

Anyway.. this SummerMansion looks nice, and relatively 'close' to what interests me.

I never been in HuayKwang / Ratchada area.. anyone can write few things about that area ? I'm gonna check it out myself, during daytime and nighttime..but any information is welcome.

Don't want to be stuck with a contract in middle of 'nowhere' like i've been in soi 81, where only place to buy food is Tesco and that stinking market afternoon. So some decent ... thai type bars/restaurants, street food vendors (noodle soups, etc.) are required..

Thanks.