Low Cost Budget Hotel

Jessi

I have a friend flying into Don Mueang Airport and he is trying to find out if there are any budget hotels near the airport.

Can any members help with this?

Thank you in advance.

for 180 bt you can go by taxiemeter to about ANY spot in the main side of BKK-city.

Right by that airprot there is NO low-cost accomm. There is the usual expensive airport hotel-amari-just across, dating from old times when DMK was the only airport.Some people mention a place named ''we-train'' but its way out in the sticks across from the railway lacking any recognisable transport. (it is indeed a training school for hotelstaff). A kind of ditto place is run by the Ratchabat ''uni'' at the other side of the runway near the Laksi oval/statue, seems to have made it into Russky/east Euro tip-lists, suffers from havy noise from planes.

If wanting time from people like us to answer, be so smart to at least tell what that ''budget'' is- some think any <1000, others aim for the 150 bt, bekpek cells. I also have the exper. that anyone talking about ''friends'' does not want to tell its for her/himselves. Go to travelfish.org fir the real lowdown on cheap bekpek-sleeps, this site is the wrong one for that. The score of places below 400THB (ca 13US$) is NOT on the web, nor web-bookable.

I've tried this before and there aren't any hotels near the airport, most are a longish taxi ride away. I did however stay at the Amari which is VERY nice and super close to the airport, just 5 minutes walk. It is however a bit more expensive but still cheap by western standards. I would recommend anyone to stay there rather than save a few dollars travelling to some cheap hotel.

• Like 1

Don't agree, I stayed at the Amari last week. Staff unhelpful, lift broken had to walk for 10 mins to find my room etc etc. The bed was comfortable but I'll find something else when I go back to BKK next week.

Booking.com great for booking hotels btw

we arrive in bkk on a saturday evening and we have a flight out to isaan through DM on sunday morning,we will be getting a taxi to ramintra which my wife says is only 10 mins from DM and costs about 100 baht or so in a taxi,nice hotel rooms which i have stayed in before for about 500 baht a night

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/attractions/hotels_near_central_ramindra.html

• Like 1

Agoda is a great search engine, but often I will search on Agoda first and then check if the hotel has their own website and if the rate is the same I will book directly with the hotel. In my mind it should eliminate any "we never got a booking from you" confusion at check-in.

I've never really had a problem with any booking engine, but I do work in the industry, and I am aware how process work (and how they can fail). It's generally better to book direct.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't agree, I stayed at the Amari last week. Staff unhelpful, lift broken had to walk for 10 mins to find my room etc etc. The bed was comfortable but I'll find something else when I go back to BKK next week.

Last time i stayed there was fine.

Seem to be doing deals all the time.

RAZZ

RAZZ

Same here, certainly beats the early morning traffic if you have an early flight.

I have just booked a night there for a forthcoming trip, Agoda came up with 1,900 Baht room only, but having looked at comparison website I got a room for 1,500 Baht, including breakfast.

RAZZ

I can't fault the Amari,walk across the sky bridge,to the reception no hassle.

Depends on your budget, but you can get a junior suite,with balcony,overlooking the pool,for Bht 3000.

Don't know why somebody couldn't find their room corridors are clearly marked.

The are many elevators,not just one.

• 5 months later...

Semi amazing with DMK now a BOOMING airport with tons of traffic coming and going that someone hasn't opened a budget guest house/hotel within walking distance or with a free tuk tuk pick up....the amari is ok but if you're only doing a quick stopover I suspect that there are lots of people who are looking for something under 1000 baht. The neighborhood across the street from DMK isn't exactly upscale so can't imagine someone couldn't make the numbers work on a budget hotel there especially if the only competition they have closeby is amari.